Sep 07, 2019, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce1
I've built 3 Funcubs, and I'm a slow builder / assembler, and read the instructions FULLY.....as a 40 year modeler....foamies were a new concept for me. My two, and one for a club member all fly exceptionally well....even though one is terribly over-powered with 3 times the wattage of stock setup. Since then I've built 5-6 different foamie designs, and the MPX are the best engineered by far.

When correctly assembled, balanced props, etc., they are some of the most honest prop ships I've ever flown. I've flown 195mph racers, 4 meter open class sailplanes, HLG, competition fun fly, twin engine glow, etc.

When a modeler ends up with left thrust on a MPX ship.....he or she has made and error during the build.....plain and simple. Correct that to approximately 2 degrees right thrust, and approximately 3 degrees down thrust (if I remember correctly) and they will have a pleasant, honest bird that can do almost anything airborne.

Plain and simple.

Bruce in Austin
Calm down with all the negativity guys. Assembling and following the directions of a FunCub isn't exactly rocket science, Even if you have flown high end planes. The reality is manufacturing defects happen. In no way is your flying experience related to this fact.
Last edited by ebcdic; Sep 08, 2019 at 09:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2019, 12:05 AM
EBCDIC, you are crazy to think you have a manufącturing defect kit. If that were true there would be other examples of this occurring . Multiplex is a good company and stand by their products...they track problems and address them if they point to a manufacturer problem. I have an unbuilt kit and I bought it a few months ago. I checked it and dry fitting the fuse and there is no signs of the problem you have introduced in your build. Front of fuse lines up perfectly flush from side to side.

Molds are made of metal, they have to get damaged or be short shot to produce bad parts. The later is caught in QA inspection 99% of the time. Molds do not get damaged without an accident.

Assembly can be skewed in aligning the halves even with tight tolerances it is possible. It appears you made a mistake or a couple mistakes assembling to cause the misalignment. Use CA debonder and try to disassemble the fuse and do it again.
Or, cut the nose off and disassemble it to reassemble and remove the thrust problems you are seeing and reinforce the nose to fuse joint with bamboo skewers keying the parts together.
Sep 08, 2019, 02:30 PM
Beach Bum
Previous owner could have been using a reverse rotation propeller, this would account for setting of left-thrust.
Sep 13, 2019, 03:34 AM
MLK
MLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Phillipps
Have been flying my naked Funcub a bit wanted to give her some clothing and
a bit of a different look. Mods include articulated landing main gear with an after
market tail wheel, Timber leading edge slats, struts and a radial engine cowl with
some teeth and a bit of a sun burst paint job on the wings.]
Nice mod.
Can you tell any difference in flight characteristics, using those leading edge slats?
Sep 13, 2019, 03:43 AM
MLK
MLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankster
Great job and like your mods. Am I correct in guessing that you have a quick disconnect for your wing struts?
Did you draw up the 3D parts yourself or are they available for download somewhere?
Thanks.
I designed, draw, modeled and printed all parts myself.
Yes, the wing struts have a quick disconnect. Inspiration was Funcub XL, so I tried to do something similar:
Sep 18, 2019, 12:29 AM

Strange request...

I'm guessing 3-5 years back in FunCub forum.....I believe it was one of our Swiss, Denmark or another country in that area FC fliers that posted a really great
video of flying some great 3D with his FC. I've probably spent 1.5 hours looking for it.....to no avail. Do any of you guys or gals know what post that was? I want to view it again to give me an idea of just what a really skilled pilot can wring out of a FunCub.....and provide me some goals, to see if these old fingers can ever up their game! LOL.

Thanks much,
Bruce in Austin
Sep 30, 2019, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce1
I'm guessing 3-5 years back in FunCub forum.....I believe it was one of our Swiss, Denmark or another country in that area FC fliers that posted a really great
video of flying some great 3D with his FC. I've probably spent 1.5 hours looking for it.....to no avail. Do any of you guys or gals know what post that was? I want to view it again to give me an idea of just what a really skilled pilot can wring out of a FunCub.....and provide me some goals, to see if these old fingers can ever up their game! LOL.

Thanks much,
Bruce in Austin
Hi Bruce

Perhaps you are looking for this video?
Multiplex FunCub 3D Flying (2 min 25 sec)

By the way this is my latest try of aerobatics with my clipped wing FC:
MULTIPLEX CUSTOM CLIPPED WING FUNCUB - AEROBATIC HANG TIME (3 min 18 sec)

BR, Marc
Oct 01, 2019, 04:27 PM

Thanks Marc,

It was not either of the two you sent....but both are darned good. Thanks for looking though.

Bruce in Austin
Oct 01, 2019, 05:30 PM
This one stuck in my memory ..
Multiplex Fun Cub 3D Bush Flying on Vashon Island (2 min 51 sec)

Oh, I think I remember now - few middle age viking type guys have lots of fun, good flying (and crashing) on some artificial grass strip somewhere in the North (one FC was silver painted) ..
But they had difficult name to remember (did not find it on RCGutt or Arctic Rc) - and my bookmarks gone with last Win change..
We will find it ..

EDIT:

With these two videos, I think I'm closer to what I remember - I'm not sure that's what you were looking for..
This is more of flying in windy conditions ..

Multiplex FunCub - Wind Cub'n Fun. Slow Motion HD (4 min 43 sec)

Multiplex FunCub - Color Feast in HD Slow Motion (6 min 3 sec)

At least have fun watching it..

I give up now - with XL now in game it is almost impossible to find anything - it was much easier in 2014 when I started to look for videos abut MPX FunCub - but thank you Bruce - another fun few hours watching this baby ..

Here is one more from past - not 3D but sure inspirational enough for me ..
MULTIPLEX EasyCub Alaska Version (4 min 46 sec)
Last edited by Darko FC; Oct 01, 2019 at 07:59 PM.
Oct 06, 2019, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLK
My newly upgraded Funcub with some modifications, just for inspiration.

- undercarriage stiffened by extra wire
- undercarriage moved backward
- new wheels
- new tail wheel
- new engine cowl
- wing struts, reduced dihedral
- vortex generators on wing and elevator.
- new paint job using red self-adhesive tape
Where are the files friend?
I myself try to draw and print, but it does not work.

Quick Reply