May 20, 2019, 03:39 PM
thanks!
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2019, 06:29 AM

Fun Cub + Graupner motor, esc, servos, propeller, etc.

Hello,

I've an unbuilt FunCub kit and I'd like recommendations for all Graupner components including motor, esc, servos, propeller, etc.

Thanks in advance for your response!
Jun 02, 2019, 11:00 AM
Flying Models for 55 Years

Best Paint for the Fun Cub

Hi Guy's
I have a Fun Cub that is ready for paint! I want to do highliges on the Cowling, Wing Tips, Wing Leading Edge and Tail area. The remainder of the FC will be left in bare white unpainted foam! Planing on doing it in a Floursent / Neon color! I have access to Rust -Oleum and Krylon Fusion! Which Brand do you guy's suggest.

Thanks
Bobby

Something like this Fine Fun Cub
Jun 03, 2019, 07:11 AM
Crash tests done dirt cheap!
Krylon Fusion seems to adhere to the foam MUCH better than Rustoleum in my experience. My Fun Cub is done in Fusion yellow and black and even after multiple crashes has not had to be touched up. I also have a Strix done in Rustoleum so the wing and tail feathers match the fuselage and the paint on it peels off easily.

Just my $0.02 worth. YMMV.
Jun 03, 2019, 08:52 AM
Flying Models for 55 Years
Krumpel That's the one that sticks to Plastic? Thanks for your info
Jun 04, 2019, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerialthings
Hello,

I've an unbuilt FunCub kit and I'd like recommendations for all Graupner components including motor, esc, servos, propeller, etc.

Can I assume that you are a beginner, since this is your first post? If so, refer to the manual here-https://www.weekenderwarehouse.com/funcub-kit/

SAFETY NOTE for beginners: Use the throttle cut feature on your Transmitter and DO NOT install a prop until you have worked out the proper motor rotation on the 3 motor wires AND have verified the CORRECT servo reverse setting for THROTTLE stick on the transmitter. UNDERSTAND lipo battery safety- charging and storing and using.

General rec.- Start with ailerons, but no flaps, as they are easy to add later. Flaps req. two more servos and add some weight. If kept light, the FC flys well and slow with 100 watts per lb. It can be built to 32oz, so 200-250 watts or so for the motor choice. This is around a 480 size motor, 2.75 oz.9 gram servos are fine for the ail. but 13-17 gram with metal gears for the rudder/ tailwheel. 10x5, 10x6, 11x5.5 prop on a 1000 to 1100 kv motor. Larger dia. props are more prone to bent motor shafts in ground strikes when you land hard and over flex the landing gear. EX. Motor: https://www.headsuphobby.com/Power-U...or_p_2299.html and a 30-40 Amp ESC. Many builders have added some form of strengthener to the nose area BEFORE gluing the fuse halves together. Approx. 1"x6"+ craft sticks/ tongue depressor or 1/16" or thinner plywood, on the left and right sides under the plastic strips the motor mount attaches to are enough. Build straight.
Last edited by Draggin'Tail; Jun 04, 2019 at 01:43 PM.
Jun 04, 2019, 11:14 PM
GLM
GLM
AMA 209854
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerialthings
Hello,

Hi Aerial,

Many thousands have used this for adding shear strength to the front end of the FunCub, it weighs in at just 1.5 ounces (42 grams) and builds like a ship in a bottle for those that have already glued the fuse halves together - even easier for those who haven't.

http://morganmill.com/RC/FunCub_Parts.html

Flew my original FC just the other day - still flies just like the day it was born.

Much luck on the build.

Cheers!

Gary
Jun 05, 2019, 11:08 AM
Crash tests done dirt cheap!
The Morgan Mills upgrade is well worth the price and its not difficult to install. Just ordered one for my new Fun Cub build.
Jun 05, 2019, 11:21 AM
GLM
GLM
AMA 209854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumpel
The Morgan Mills upgrade is well worth the price and its not difficult to install. Just ordered one for my new Fun Cub build.
Thanks Krump!

Cheers!

Gary
Jun 05, 2019, 06:09 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumpel
Good luck getting all the components in your package...
Jun 05, 2019, 08:59 PM
GLM
GLM
AMA 209854
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha
Good luck getting all the components in your package...
Ah Mutha,

Demon alcohol stepped on your tail again? Poor thing...

You are one of the big reasons I don't ship internationally - tried to ship to you twice with replacements parts (Australia) Your mail system is a complete fiasco. And for that - I'm sorry.

Gary
Jun 05, 2019, 10:57 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLM
Ah Mutha,

Demon alcohol stepped on your tail again? Poor thing...

You are one of the big reasons I don't ship internationally - tried to ship to you twice with replacements parts (Australia) Your mail system is a complete fiasco. And for that - I'm sorry.

Gary
And I paid twice and sent you extra for a Coors ... luckily the fiscal system worked for you ... shame about the mail.
Jun 08, 2019, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce1
RCNerd74,
......like to know. Since we've seen it bare....and now fully painted and dressed out. Could you share how much approximate weight you gained from flown nice and naked.....to elegantly dressed? Inquiring FunCub guys and gals WANNA KNOW!
Looks great and a great job, thanks for any info you provide.

Bruce in Austin
Sorry for my late feedback...

Naked weight was 960g
With paint and stickers it is exactely 1000g
Jun 08, 2019, 02:49 PM
And here we go with a short flight video with all the finish done...

MULTIPLEX "NOCCO" CLIPPED WING FUNCUB - FIRST FLIGHT IMPRESSIONS (2 min 31 sec)
Jun 08, 2019, 05:05 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
That's some nice flying with a plane that many would consider not an aerobat.

Tom

Quick Reply