Jun 09, 2015, 09:01 PM
Fpv footage not working (0 min 25 sec)

What would cause this issue? I just replaced the video wires connecting the camera replace the wires connecting the camera to video transmitter put filters on both leads and replace the antennas and I also changed where the wiring was placed. It is powered through eagle tree vector. what else could be causing this kind of interference please help.

P.s. yes that is video footage taken from my cell phone from my dragon link goggles.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2015, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyepuncher
Yea, thanx You Guys. I flew it w/ the back of the battery near the hole in the bottom of the fuse. It was great. I really think, based on what I`ve seen on the net, That
the cg figures in the manual are off. If I put a 2200 in the plane @ cg, there`s
enough room to put another 2200 in front of it. That`s just crazy. Somewhere\someone has dropped the ball. But Hey, it flew good, & I had fun.
We shall see
Mine's an RR version from a couple of years ago, I've added an aluminium motor mount (now standard) but other than that it's stock.

I push a 2200 lipo all the way back over the cooling hole to get a balance.

I don't think it's that unusual to find a cub that's a bit nose heavy.

Have fun (cub)!
Jun 10, 2015, 03:54 PM
Needs More Go Fast....
First does this happen at a distance or even when the plane is 10 feet away, this is a VERY important question to ask

This is interference, not a connection problem, well most likely anyway.This is probably happening as the aircraft is reaching some limit and some of the signal is being lost. The monitor is digital (not the source) so it represents this as lines relative to the segments lost. this question is probably better served for an FPV section as there are a lot of different contributing factors here. Make sure your antenna are match and you have the correct SMA/RS connectors etc.

Though, if you are worried about it being a connection issue then set the plane up live, spin the motor up slightly (with no prop) and start moving cables and components around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasislost
https://youtu.be/N6K8FswiN4c

What would cause this issue? I just replaced the video wires connecting the camera replace the wires connecting the camera to video transmitter put filters on both leads and replace the antennas and I also changed where the wiring was placed. It is powered through eagle tree vector. what else could be causing this kind of interference please help.

P.s. yes that is video footage taken from my cell phone from my dragon link goggles.
Jun 11, 2015, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmccook1
Finally picked up a fun cub
Did a custom spray paint job
With matching floats
Very nice!
Jun 11, 2015, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerhappy
Hello all, I'm very interested in this plane and have a couple questions........(I've read allot here, but nowhere near the 1600+ pages!)

Also, I've seen some painted and some done with mono-kote (I'm old, that's what we used), anyone noticed a big weight penalty for using paint instead of a covering? I'd rather paint, but it seems that foam would "soak up" allot of extra paint.......?
Thanks.
Be aware that spray paint must be applied very lightly due to solvent causing foam cells to swell, giving an alligator appearance. I've used Krylon as have many others and there's no problem if multiple, light coats are applied.

Enjoy!
Jun 11, 2015, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyduck
Did this for a friend.
Nice job. I have so many color schemes bookmarked in this thread for future (wish-list) builds. This and the prior blue/white scheme are added to the list.
Jun 11, 2015, 06:15 AM

paint

I used createx with air brush. The foam doesn't soak up the paint it puts a "film" on top. The trick to the green was use opaque paint. I mixed the green opaque and added brown mixed from yellow, red and blue till the bright green turned od. Any place you need to tape over paint use tamiya tape. Also heat the paint with a hair dryer. The createx is meant for t shirts and the paint will set with heat.
Jun 11, 2015, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
First does this happen at a distance or even when the plane is 10 feet away, this is a VERY important question to ask

This is interference, not a connection problem, well most likely anyway.This is probably happening as the aircraft is reaching some limit and some of the signal is being lost. The monitor is digital (not the source) so it represents this as lines relative to the segments lost. this question is probably better served for an FPV section as there are a lot of different contributing factors here. Make sure your antenna are match and you have the correct SMA/RS connectors etc.

Though, if you are worried about it being a connection issue then set the plane up live, spin the motor up slightly (with no prop) and start moving cables and components around.

the video you saw was my plane circling above me at about 150 200 feet it doesn't at about a hundred the hundred and fifty feet will start doing that the further I go it doesn't necessarily get worse but it does get worse at times but when it's sitting in front of me it's crystal clear and I can move wires and I can rev up the motor and I can mess with my goggles and nothing changes.
Jun 11, 2015, 01:37 PM

Not too hard, not too soft.

Used the struts that came w/ my sport cub floats ( the ones int the box, that You don`t use). Cut one down bent it to My liking, added 4 tiny zip-ties, allowed CA to
flow in, so the zips can`t move. Works great, & I already had everything, so cost
was zero, & the struts that came w/the floats were headed to the trash anyway. Really happy with the results.

Plus: The 2 Most interesting men in the world (BW3`s)
Jun 13, 2015, 07:25 AM
can you shut off the brake on mpx esc?
Jun 13, 2015, 08:28 AM
W.F.G.D

Esc Break/ Getting rid of the Lizard skin look

As I remember it is a Castle Thunderbird 54. Go to their website and download the manual. It can be done from the transmitter or you can buy one of their programmers.

On a separate subject has anybody found a sure fire/light weight/ semi-easy way of getting rid of the "lizard skin look" of the Elapor foam when you want to get a good looking finish. This would apply to the Mentor and or the Tucan also.
Jun 13, 2015, 10:31 AM

Fun Cub

Just finished building my first Fun Cub and must say it was everything that I expected. I used Tower Hobbies Iron-On Plastic covering and was a little worried about the extra weight but it didn't seem to effect it that much.
Last edited by Afton236; Jun 13, 2015 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Pictures didn't show up.
Jun 13, 2015, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet s
can you shut off the brake on mpx esc?

This is the ESC that came with the Fun Cub power pack that i used on mine.
Jun 13, 2015, 07:54 PM
I haven't flown my well used beater Fun Cub since last summer when I hit too hard on a landing and tore the L G mount out of the fuselage. I finally took it down from the rafters and decided to fix it. I don't know how other's do it but I decided to Just cut out a piece of 1/8 ply, put a 1/8" dowel through the plate and into the fuselage for extra holding power, sand a flat area on the fuse, and Gorilla the whole thing on. I used Landing Gear Clamps for the main leg, and a Control Horn Back Plate for the Fun Cub Parts mod. The next step was to take it out and try it. It still flys great. Here's a picture. John
Jun 13, 2015, 07:59 PM
Jarhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrooks01
I haven't flown my well used beater Fun Cub since last summer when I hit too hard on a landing and tore the L G mount out of the fuselage. I finally took it down from the rafters and decided to fix it. I don't know how other's do it but I decided to Just cut out a piece of 1/8 ply, put a 1/8" dowel through the plate and into the fuselage for extra holding power, sand a flat area on the fuse, and Gorilla the whole thing on. I used Landing Gear Clamps for the main leg, and a Control Horn Back Plate for the Fun Cub Parts mod. The next step was to take it out and try it. It still flys great. Here's a picture. John
Nice repair. I've been not so nice to my Cub, so I expect I'll be making a similar repair at some point in the future. My runway is coarse gravel, so things get bumpy from time to time.

Quick Reply