Jun 04, 2014, 07:07 PM
I know this may be a little off topic but maybe someone here can help. I am setting up my dx9 to use with my 7 channel lemon rx receiver. I will have one flap servo on ch 5 and the other on ch 6. I can not figure out how to setup the mixing in the dx9 to operate this properly. I have the ch 5 (gear) assigned to the RKnb but can not for the life of me make the mixing work. I do know i will have to reverse on servo. Also, i need to be able to to make the flaps just go down not both ways. I am new to this DX9, had been using a taranis but am giving it to my dad. Any help would be appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2014, 07:13 PM
Sparky "Electrics Rule"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascalise View Post
I know this may be a little off topic but maybe someone here can help. I am setting up my dx9 to use with my 7 channel lemon rx receiver. I will have one flap servo on ch 5 and the other on ch 6. I can not figure out how to setup the mixing in the dx9 to operate this properly. I have the ch 5 (gear) assigned to the RKnb but can not for the life of me make the mixing work. I do know i will have to reverse on servo. Also, i need to be able to to make the flaps just go down not both ways. I am new to this DX9, had been using a taranis but am giving it to my dad. Any help would be appreciated.
Can't help with a DX9 but can I ask why you are down grading your radio?
Jun 04, 2014, 07:18 PM
Quote:
I wont use a after market reciever on any of my planes that costs over 100 bucks , but good luck on the programing tho . joe
Jun 04, 2014, 07:19 PM
I bought a taranis and orange rx module to use when my new dx9 was in for service. My dad has a bunch of frsky stuff for all of his planes. He has an old JR with a frsky module in it and a telemetry screen attached to it. He wants a taranis so I thought i'd give him mine. We both fly together so it isn't like I won't be able to use it. It is a superior radio to the DX9 though. At least in my opinion.
Jun 04, 2014, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
I wont use a after market reciever on any of my planes that costs over 100 bucks , but good luck on the programing tho . joe
To each his own.
Jun 04, 2014, 07:26 PM
Quote:
To each his own.
Yep till you send it back for repair ! lmao BTW i did not say it was good or bad i said i like to give my exspensive planes a chance just for me to crash them and not a mix mashed radio system .Good luck. joe
Jun 04, 2014, 07:43 PM
While the fun cub is not by any means cheap for a piece of foam i don't consider it an expensive plane by any means...
Jun 04, 2014, 08:14 PM
Quote:
While the fun cub is not by any means cheap for a piece of foam i don't consider it an expensive plane by any means...
Well thats great for you daddy warbucks !lmao I still own planes i built 30 years ago and would like to own them for a while longer . I have around 250 or 300 in my fun cub plus the time it took to put it together and hate to waste money . I use cheap recievers in my scratch built Dollar tree foam planes but there iam only outa couple bucks if it crashes. 3 dollars in this one using old parts .lol
Jun 04, 2014, 08:48 PM
Tree hopper
Quote:

sys-setup, aircraft type, 2 ail 2 flap.
channel assign select where you want to put it, hit next to assign to sw, lever, knob.

Servo set-up, reverse the one you want, watch the monitor.
go to flap settings, in switch select where you want to use.

I don't see this radio as a down grade
Jun 04, 2014, 08:50 PM
Tree hopper
I'm with Joe one the $ tree gift wrap junk, cheap, one time use. If you crash it , all you lost is a $1.
Jun 04, 2014, 09:42 PM
I did all but the airplane type. I have the ailerons on a y cord and the flaps on independent channels. I can get it to work but no matter what they are not synchronized in the middle of the travel. One or the other is always off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe221 View Post
sys-setup, aircraft type, 2 ail 2 flap.
channel assign select where you want to put it, hit next to assign to sw, lever, knob.

Servo set-up, reverse the one you want, watch the monitor.
go to flap settings, in switch select where you want to use.

I don't see this radio as a down grade
Jun 04, 2014, 10:10 PM
Tree hopper
Adjust in servo set-up.
Would be better to y flaps, and have ail on separate ch.
Jun 04, 2014, 11:48 PM
'cus I fly a long time
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabe221 View Post
Adjust in servo set-up.
Would be better to y flaps, and have ail on separate ch.
Ditto this is the way I have mine set up
Jun 05, 2014, 12:06 AM
I got the programming figured out despite all the irrelevant posts... Thanks anyway.
Jun 05, 2014, 12:35 AM
Now that's funny. Glad you got it working. Have fun.

Quick Reply