New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2010, 04:49 PM
Find More Posts by eran_k
Eventually...I will fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by -MM- View Post
I use standard setup for EasyCub with 2s2100mAh or 3s950mAh battery.
So if it fly so well on the easycub setup, why does MPX sugest such a bigger and heavier setup? just the motor is almost twice the weight og the easycub unit,wont it effect the CG drasticly?
maybe it's a good idea is to find an "in between"" setup

Eran
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:36 PM
Find More Posts by gnko
Quote:
Originally Posted by -mm- View Post
yes, with 3s battery.

Martin
and standard prop 10x7?

George
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:01 AM
Find More Posts by -MM-
Prop is standard 10x5.

The MPX-FunCub motor setup makes sense if you like to pull gliders or maybe to do torque rolls

I also try the Himax HC 3510 – 1100 with 12x5,5 prop. This is the best compromise in my opinion.

Martin
Old Apr 27, 2010, 09:52 AM
Find More Posts by -MM-
Quote:
Martin,

Looking at the pictures, it appears you added quite a bit of motor down thrust on the EasyCub. How much downthrust was added and are you using the same COG as in the manual?
Oh I forgot to answer this. sorry!
I make no changes. Down thrust and COG are same as recommended in EasyCub manual.
Maybe with stronger motor, you need some more down thrust.

Martin
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:18 AM
Find More Posts by Phoenex

Motor-battery combos

Just to give you guys and idea of how light the wing loading is on this plane, I will describe my setup a bit and how it flys. I have a converted EasyCub much the same as MM. The motor I am using weighs 89grams(250watts), battery 200grams with no weight added for COG. I have only flown it once on maiden flight. I took off on an asphalt runway no flaps into a 6 to 8 mph headwind. I was focused on tracking down the runway straight with my thumb ready on the rudder. I throttled up to about 1/2 to 2/3's throttle, the plane rolled out to about 6 feet the nose lifted up and it was airborne before I could even touch the rudder. I had no down thrust setup on the motor since it was shown to mount it straight on in the EasyCub manual. The plane did climb a lot and several clicks of down trim on the elevator was needed. I noticed the motor thrust line is setup differently in the FunCub manual so perhaps the climbing will be different on the FunCub. I tried out the two position flaps once I gain a bit of altitude and into the wind. I could slow down the plane to the point it almost looked like a kite just hanging into the wind. I flew it around awhile trimming the plane out a bit, checking out the power setup and then landed. Again I did not use the flaps and into a headwind. I used just a little throttle on final bringing it into the wind. The plane slowed down so much before touchdown, there was only about a 2 foot roll out.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:34 AM
Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Quote:
Originally Posted by -MM- View Post
I use standard setup for EasyCub with 2s2100mAh or 3s950mAh battery.
In this case, I will order the Tuning Drive Li-Batt set for the ParkMaster 3D.

Same motor as the EasyCub set, but with the new 30A ESC (with BEC suitable for 6-7 servos), prop adapter and 3s950mAh battery.

Jürgen
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:52 PM
Find More Posts by blinske
Really good news!! I just received a reply from Multiplex Customer Support that the FunCub is in stock. Checking the Tower Hobbies website, it shows them on order at $119.99 for the kit. I'm looking forward to ordering one as soon as a delivery date is established.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:02 PM
Find More Posts by PandaDixie
Got the RC bug ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinske View Post
Really good news!! I just received a reply from Multiplex Customer Support that the FunCub is in stock. Checking the Tower Hobbies website, it shows them on order at $119.99 for the kit. I'm looking forward to ordering one as soon as a delivery date is established.
Thats good news

Hope its the same here in the U.K.

Andy
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:07 PM
Find More Posts by PandaDixie
Got the RC bug ;)
Brentford have it in stock here in the U.K

http://www.brentfordrc.co.uk/scripts...idproduct=2481

Happy days (If its true!!)

Andy
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:13 PM
Find More Posts by dekan
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
The Modelspot ......http://www.modelspot.com/fun-cub---d...2010-738-p.asp
Old Apr 28, 2010, 03:43 AM
Find More Posts by benski
Yippee!"I'ma gonna hafta fetch me one-uh them, I reckon'.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaDixie View Post
Brentford have it in stock here in the U.K

http://www.brentfordrc.co.uk/scripts...idproduct=2481

Happy days (If its true!!)

Andy
I find it hard to believe, as the FunCub isn't even available in German shops yet. I have got mine on backorder.

Jürgen
Old Apr 28, 2010, 05:24 AM
Find More Posts by gt35r
Those web site links are for pre-orders, not in stock!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 05:31 AM
Find More Posts by RichPrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt35r View Post
Those web site links are for pre-orders, not in stock!
brentford link says its in stock.........
Old Apr 28, 2010, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichPrior View Post
brentford link says its in stock.........
But it also says on the same page "*** PRE-ORDER THIS BRILLIANT AIRCRAFT ***", i.e. the item is obviously not in stock yet.

Jürgen