View Poll Results: Should this be stickied?
Yes 391 86.50%
No 61 13.50%
Voters: 452. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by nick84, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 21, 2019, 09:18 AM
Registered User
Nytro97's Avatar

Losi Tenacity Truggy


And my Tenacity Truggy..
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2019, 08:43 PM
ultra cheap pilot
ican3d's Avatar
Driving around the park with my Willy.

Video:
FPV Tamiya Wild Willy 2 - Park Drive (14 min 12 sec)
Aug 21, 2019, 09:49 PM
Joe 6-pack
fmimages's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d
Driving around the park with my Willy.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L2ZIRelhbY
Very cool. Are you going to make an update for further realism? I'd like to see some downshifting on corners and going through the gears on the straightaway. I don't know if that's practical.
Aug 21, 2019, 10:31 PM
ultra cheap pilot
ican3d's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmimages
Very cool. Are you going to make an update for further realism? I'd like to see some downshifting on corners and going through the gears on the straightaway. I don't know if that's practical.
I wish i could but for Wild Willy and other 1:10th the compartment is small, stuff like gear shifting, working gauges and etc would need bigger cockpit to embedded servo and electronics. Would need at least 1:8 scale or best 1:5 but i don't have money to go that far. But other threads by Traxxas owner who have bigger trucks manage to do this here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...rojects-Thread
Aug 21, 2019, 10:53 PM
Joe 6-pack
fmimages's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d
I wish i could but for Wild Willy and other 1:10th the compartment is small, stuff like gear shifting, working gauges and etc would need bigger cockpit to embedded servo and electronics. Would need at least 1:8 scale or best 1:5 but i don't have money to go that far. But other threads by Traxxas owner who have bigger trucks manage to do this here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...rojects-Thread
Thanks, I have been following that thread and I am amazed at how they can do all that realism like moving the steering wheel, etc. But yes they are in the bigger rigs.
Aug 28, 2019, 06:08 AM
UpliFT-RC
FLSharkvictim's Avatar
My #GRANITE 3s BLX 4X4 Truck and a 2018 #ARRMA #KRATON 6s
I had to show you the comparison in size between the #KRATON 6s vs the #GRANITE BLX3s
Sep 03, 2019, 01:01 PM
My name is Tom
Tommygunn's Avatar
I got into crawling a little while back, thanks to RC Sparks, so I bought this setup. Swapped out the shocks, changed the wheels and tyres and changed the steering links somewhat. Added a few odds and sods and 13T/87T ratio and it rolls great.

Not sure how it works with these Chinese factories, but mine is nearly identical to Ican3d's vehicle (#2148) except for some significant details such as; tranny case, fully enclosed spur/pinion and splined drive shafts.

Tom.





















Last edited by Tommygunn; Sep 03, 2019 at 03:20 PM.
Sep 03, 2019, 07:20 PM
ultra cheap pilot
ican3d's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommygunn
I got into crawling a little while back, thanks to RC Sparks, so I bought this setup. Swapped out the shocks, changed the wheels and tyres and changed the steering links somewhat. Added a few odds and sods and 13T/87T ratio and it rolls great.

Not sure how it works with these Chinese factories, but mine is nearly identical to Ican3d's vehicle (#2148) except for some significant details such as; tranny case, fully enclosed spur/pinion and splined drive shafts.

Tom.






















Awesome! welcome to the club! OMG you got Deadpool!
Btw i've bashed a lot on these chassis and they holds great. Just make sure lock tight the whole screws since it will loosen over period of time especially the front and rear bumper.
Sep 04, 2019, 02:00 AM
My name is Tom
Tommygunn's Avatar
Oh yeah, I knew what to expect and wasn't disappointed, I had to threadlock everything. In so doing I stripped it down to the last nut and bolt, and re-shimmed the gearbox and diffs as well.
I had to get rid of the piggy back shocks as they were a waste of time. All they do is just aerate the oil by spitting air and oil back and forth between the cylinders. The red shocks are much better, although not perfect.

Tom.
Sep 14, 2019, 12:05 PM
UpliFT-RC
FLSharkvictim's Avatar

See below:


Check out my new wheels!
Last edited by FLSharkvictim; Sep 18, 2019 at 08:14 AM.
Sep 15, 2019, 11:38 AM
Joker, smoker, midnight talker
naDah's Avatar
PokÚpool feat. Dr M. Also HBX Devastator, aka ANT-On.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:13 AM
UpliFT-RC
FLSharkvictim's Avatar

My 2018 v3 KRATON Incl Hop-Ups


I have some parts on order for my v3 KRATON!

T-Bone Racing:
10074 - TBR Thrasher Front Bumper (BLUE)
10018 - TBR 1/8 Wide Basher Rear Bumper
10058 - TBR Rear Flat A-Arm Skids Protectors
100571- TBR Rear Mud Guards


Just Bash It:
6mm 7075-T651 Aluminum Shock Tower Front & Rear ( 6 oz )
17mm Spiked Wheel Nuts (Set of 4) (2 oz)



Voltage Hobbies:

Servo Mount & Servo Clamps
Front and Rear Skid Plates


ARRMA - AR406078 - Body KRATON 6s Red Black II
ARRMA - AR106040 Red Kraton V4 6s BLX Center Brace & Mounts Red Aluminum Bar LWB Chassis
ARRMA - AR320215 Aluminum Wing Button Red bolts

Tires & Wheels:
HPIRacing Low Profile (Street Tires)
ProLine Trenchers (Offroad tires)





More to come along with some pictures!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Show Us Your Ground Station !!!! FPV Ground Station Design and Idea's found here :) JettPilot FPV Equipment 5223 Yesterday 01:01 AM
Discussion Show us your night photo or video kestasxxx Aerial Photography 13 Apr 02, 2016 12:50 AM
Gallery Show us your model! Rube Goldberg Natchez Trace Bandits Model Aviation Club 5 Apr 23, 2010 12:22 AM
Discussion Show us your micro fleet fotowiz Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Feb 04, 2010 11:41 PM
Discussion Show us your workspace JerryTodd Dock Talk 6 Oct 21, 2009 08:55 PM