Mar 21, 2010, 06:20 PM
Thread OP

The playboy flew.....

........today, at about 1 oclock P.M., overcast, not a breath of wind, tall green grass & weeds, waist high, big emty field......

.......was expecting a stall, so I gave it a hefty toss, a little nose-down, no stall, just as straight as an arrow, into the weeds, so I wedged the TE of the stabalizer, next toss, a nice flat glide, with a hint of right turn, perfect!

About a dozen or so tosses, til my arm started to fade, & 35-45 foot trips through waist high greenery gets old quick.......

Talk about a plane that flies right off the bench..... tomarrow its off the the not so LHS (the one that has a fair selection of propelers) for a propeler......

......Im using an old brushed speed 400, direct, 7 AA NIMH cells, 2400 Mah.

Now if it flew so nice as a FF hand launched glider, how will it do under power, withR/C assist (3Ch.) ?

God willing (& iffin the river don rize) I should be able to take photos in flight, with the snow clad San Bernardino mountains in the background.......

Will post photos, soon.......

Laramie.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2010, 04:54 PM
Thread OP

Still no maiden......

........ First, the rudder servo was fried, then the ESC almost went the same way, will try again with the outrunner, Castle Creation ESC, & 2 cell lipo pireted from my Piper Cub. I had wantted to go very low budjet, but my time IS worth something, if to no one else then ME!

Laramie.
Jun 07, 2010, 11:05 PM
Thread OP

Well, she has been maidened......

......alright, right into a light pole that was lurking at the edge of the field ......

But its all good, I re-built it, & since I have the Cleveland Playboy Sr. Kit plans, I re-built it to look like the Cleveland one......

......You cant really tell from this picture, but even without the motor (or engine, maybe a Tee Dee .049 & .051), it looks better the new old way.

What Im doing is making a cowl for E-power, & a cowl for wet power, just 4 bolts to switch it over......

So, without further addoo......

Opps, how did that Baby Ringmaster sneek in there? Shes not even Free Flight......
Jun 11, 2010, 10:13 AM
Thread OP

Cox Tee Dee......

......Installed on a front piece to make it interchangable with electric.

notice the modified fuel tank behind the engine, held on by 2 of the 4 bolts that hold the cowl in place, Top Flight propeller as old (new) as the engine.

Quick Reply