Mar 10, 2010, 09:45 AM
Thread OP
I need clarification. With this unit on the aircraft what component is required to drive a ground tracking station feed from the ground based receiver?

How close are you to accepting pre-orders, Daniel?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 10, 2010, 10:39 AM
The ground station of the DragonOSD+ has not been built yet. I'm just doing this one thing at a time. However, the DragonOSD+ already sends data down via the video feed. The thing is that a ground station is needed to decode that data feed but I cannot give a date for the ground station at this point.

At this point, if you really want to use a tracking antenna with the DragonOSD+ right now, you may need a third party solution.

As for pre-orders, we're hoping that no pre-ordering will be needed. Once we verify the current sensor works, we should be able to sell immediately. We should have enough units to meet all current demand. This is just the OSD unit I'm talking about of course.

Daniel
Mar 10, 2010, 01:57 PM
Thread OP
Okay.... As do many, I well understand working with fixed constraints. Really, it's amazing you actually find the time, but then again try to keep someone away from the things he loves...!
I could live without antenna tracking for a time but I don't want to challenge my loyalty to the Dragon Empire, so what's the really good news.... is this a Q1 delivery window?
Mar 12, 2010, 05:05 PM
Metallica
gosh new dragons, I have one of the 'old' ones sitting unused in my garage for a year or so, never got that project off the ground so to speak
wonder if it would it be worth anything these days oh ebay or not to ebay lol
Apr 15, 2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Wee
The ground station of the DragonOSD+ has not been built yet. I'm just doing this one thing at a time. However, the DragonOSD+ already sends data down via the video feed. The thing is that a ground station is needed to decode that data feed but I cannot give a date for the ground station at this point.

At this point, if you really want to use a tracking antenna with the DragonOSD+ right now, you may need a third party solution.

As for pre-orders, we're hoping that no pre-ordering will be needed. Once we verify the current sensor works, we should be able to sell immediately. We should have enough units to meet all current demand. This is just the OSD unit I'm talking about of course.

Daniel
Please Daniel, make it an option to send the tracking data over a telemetry link via the UART since the VIDEO is the first link to disappear while telemetry could be sent over XBee's (up to 80Km under ideal circumstances) GPRS (limitless in urban areas, and LEO satellite of really in need of long distance flying "out of bounds" (polar regions or disaster areas where telecomm infrastructure is gone)

Best wishes

/ Marc
Apr 17, 2011, 12:12 PM
O <- this a ground loop
Marc-X,

I think some people have already been using Xbees.

Also Dragon Trax exists in prototype form.

Main DOSD thread is here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1211816

Ren
Dec 18, 2013, 04:10 AM
Dear Sirs,
Can someone please help me.
I received a Dragon OSD + v2 comb.
I got all the parameters except the horizon and stabilization.
So, I have parameters compass, speed, altitude.
I do not stabilize, you can see the skyline.
Dec 31, 2013, 09:08 PM
I'm pretty sure you need an addititional IMU chip to get the horizon line and stabilization.

Quick Reply