Sep 12, 2019, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaytanna
A query for warhead_71 regarding profiles of the empennage on this model compared to scale. I see that on the real and most scale models the shape is a lot more airfoil-ish than the one drawn/built here, for both the H-Stab and V-Stab.
Also the wing aspect ratio is biased in favour of a broader chord than scale. Sorry if I missed any discussion here. Some advice would be most welcome as to scaling up the plan to 96 inches WS with scale like empennage. Like how it would differ from the one built here.
Also should scale dimensions be retained on the wing aspect ratio or should warhead_71's wing plans be scaled as they are?
The short answer is.....it doesn't matter. If you want an exact scale model with airfoil tail surfaces have at it. Will there be a difference in how it flys from what is shown here....nope, not as long as you don't increase the weight of the plane drastically. But, you will have fun building it and we will enjoy watching the process.
Latest blog entry: Assembling a Spandau kit.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 07:45 PM
Ah! Certainly looking forward to share the build process once I get there.
What about the wing aspect ratio, as I talked of earlier?
Sep 16, 2019, 08:30 PM
At these model sizes it just doesn't matter. Go for what you think looks/feels best.
Latest blog entry: Assembling a Spandau kit.

Quick Reply