Return to Tri-Cities - Page 266 - RC Groups
Apr 16, 2018, 01:11 PM
Free as a bird now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klang
this past weekend 5 of us from Port Townsend had a hoot at Eagle Butte. April 13, 14, 15. weather was one bright spot in a soggy spring and not what was forecast. we had consistent winds straight in mostly 25-35mph some 40 with a gust to 50. light overcast and sunbreaks. Lots of great flying hours on end.
I still don't know what the new crop is, it aint corn, potatoes, or alfalfa but its is nice and soft for landing!
"A Hoot at the Butte!" Sounds like a great event name or t-shirt slogan.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2018, 03:31 PM
When you guys are planning to be at the butte, post in advance here (please) as there are a couple of locals interested in watching and learning. Me for one. We were talking Saturday night that we can't fly (what we usually fly) because of the wind, yet people form out of the area come here to fly. Seems dumb. We need to learn to slope.
Apr 16, 2018, 04:43 PM
wrong descision, wrong time
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
When you guys are planning to be at the butte, post in advance here (please) as there are a couple of locals interested in watching and learning. Me for one. We were talking Saturday night that we can't fly (what we usually fly) because of the wind, yet people form out of the area come here to fly. Seems dumb. We need to learn to slope.
Once you go slope, you never go back ...
Apr 16, 2018, 05:04 PM
sure, that could work
Hey! sorry we didn't serve advance notice! We were wondering why there were no locals at the site on such a great day! Just us noobs! Next time we will post for sure!

Brian! good idea about the t-shirts! " A Hoot at the Butte" ( maybe wind shirts)
Apr 16, 2018, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klang
Hey! sorry we didn't serve advance notice! We were wondering why there were no locals at the site on such a great day! Just us noobs! Next time we will post for sure!

Brian! good idea about the t-shirts! " A Hoot at the Butte" ( maybe wind shirts)
That would be awesome. I'm not even EXACTLY sure how to get up there - in fact all I know is one must be a member of the local soaring club to fly there. If it looks promising I know a couple of us that are tired of sitting out through the spring blow will be joining. Today it was so windy people were putting scuba weight belts on their kids so they could walk to school.
Apr 16, 2018, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
That would be awesome. I'm not even EXACTLY sure how to get up there - in fact all I know is one must be a member of the local soaring club to fly there. If it looks promising I know a couple of us that are tired of sitting out through the spring blow will be joining. Today it was so windy people were putting scuba weight belts on their kids so they could walk to school.
If I knew guys were going this weekend George Vargo and myself would have been there as well. We are both MCS members.

Scott - you can follow and I promise it will be a great time. It is amazing to be able to fly a glider with no engine for pretty much as long as you want and get tired of it!

Quick Reply