Anybody know what kind of plane this is??? - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 07, 2010, 12:57 PM
Discussion

Anybody know what kind of plane this is???

Purchased this at Perry but the guy I bought it from did not know who made it. It has a 52in wingspan, foam core wings and is 64in long. Looks like it needs a 120mm EDF or CDF, I will be using the EDF. Anyhow I would love to get some info on it like CG, weights, flight characteristics, etc.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2010, 01:50 PM

bvm aggressor?

looks like mine- search aggressor here and see what you come up with- maybe others will chime in. Ryan
Mar 07, 2010, 02:16 PM
Need 4 Speed!
I remember seeing an advertisement with this plane in a 1990's magazine. The advertisement claimed this airframe powered by a hurricane fan had beaten BV in a speed competition. I want to say the pilots last name was "korney". Thats all I can remember off the top of my head. The design was probably fast and caught BV on a bad day
Latest blog entry: original Y/A F-18 Kit
Mar 07, 2010, 03:01 PM
EDF all the way!
I think the jet's name is Cobra from Hurricane fans. Steve Korney was the owner at the time. Very fast jet.
Bob
Mar 07, 2010, 03:06 PM
Need 4 Speed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruff
I think the jet's name is Cobra from Hurricane fans. Steve Korney was the owner at the time. Very fast jet.
Bob
Thats it! nice work Bob!

Yellowbird,
Do you have a pic of the top-view you can post?
Latest blog entry: original Y/A F-18 Kit
Mar 07, 2010, 03:10 PM
deltas are cool
plus one for Steves Corbra ...i saw them fly they were wicked fast with the hurricane fan . steve was really good at matching his fans with the glow motors of the day. i went to his house once and saw how he made the hubs for his fans ,i think he got into full scale home built planes
Mar 07, 2010, 06:33 PM
If you are interested in selling it, let me know.
Mar 07, 2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the information guys. I had know idea what it was but it was a good deal and I wanted something fast so this is perfect. Now just have to figure out what edf to put in it. Don't know what a 90 CDF put out as far as thrust and speed. Think a stout 100mm EDF would fly good and not be too heavy. 120mm are 3 times the price of the 100mm.
Mar 07, 2010, 07:04 PM
Watt me worry?
Now that is a nice plane....looks fast.....would like to tie one of my new Hurricane fans to a Screamer motor in it.
Install XPS or Dyn-E-max in it.
Oct 10, 2015, 11:44 AM

hurricane DF unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax1965
Now that is a nice plane....looks fast.....would like to tie one of my new Hurricane fans to a Screamer motor in it.
Install XPS or Dyn-E-max in it.
hello, do you have a hurricane fan unit you want to sell? thank you, Gary Troutman (flyncrazy) 903-375-5224