54* & 55* Bell/Hiller TechHead for the Walkera 4#6S, 4#6, CB100, 4#3B & 4#3Q Heli's - Page 2 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Mar 08, 2010, 06:59 AM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
Now we are getting someplace at last.. If you call giving ClubHeli 65 bucks via PayPal for a 4#3 and 4#6 TechHead getting some place... Good thing I trust Rick...and Jay
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 08, 2010, 07:54 AM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
1Hammer's Avatar
Just ordered one of each as well!

Regards,
John
Mar 08, 2010, 12:35 PM
ClubHeli.com
Rick Hauler's Avatar
Hey everybody! Just wanted to let everybody know that we have the master lists in hand, and are sorting the orders as they come in. Just to reiterate what Jason said, everybody from the list will ship first, and in order. Jason and I decided to get the preorder up a week in advance to give everybody time to respond. Since the list is a year old, we want to make sure people that originally signed on are still interested, and production can be adjusted accordingly.

I have been receiving emails asking if we will be offering any "kits" that will include all the necessary parts to build the head. The answer is yes, but probably not until after the list is completed and shipped. We want to make sure those obligations are met first. We are also playing "catchup" on inventory after the long Chinese New Year.
Mar 08, 2010, 12:55 PM
ClubHeli.com
Rick Hauler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob
Now we are getting someplace at last.. If you call giving ClubHeli 65 bucks via PayPal for a 4#3 and 4#6 TechHead getting some place... Good thing I trust Rick...and Jay
With as much time and effort (not to mention cash!) Jay has in the head, I'm sure he can't wait to get them into people's hands. He just contacted me today and let me know that an approved final production head is enroute to us for our own testing, photographing and review. We should have that Wednesday at the latest. Production has already started and the first run should be completed in the next day or so.

Bob, thanks for the vote of confidence. I can personally assure everyone who preorders will receive their heads. If I didn't think Jason was going to produce a great product and actually deliver it, we wouldn't have agreed to distribute it. We have had great success with JJetski and his products, and I'm confident the TechHead will make it's mark too.
Mar 08, 2010, 01:11 PM
Jesus Freak
AtTheCross's Avatar
ordered my 4#6 t/h, will sell my place in line for the 4#3b for a penny just kidding, rick/jay please remove me from the 4#3b t/h list only want it for the 4#6 should be #14 on the hit parade
Mar 08, 2010, 01:20 PM
ClubHeli.com
Rick Hauler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross
ordered my 4#6 t/h, will sell my place in line for the 4#3b for a penny just kidding, rick/jay please remove me from the 4#3b t/h list only want it for the 4#6 should be #14 on the hit parade
Got it...
Mar 08, 2010, 01:40 PM
Registered User
Are you going to post some "instructions" (real men don't read instructions!) on how it all goes togeather?
Thanks
Mar 08, 2010, 02:28 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
1Hammer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hauler
Hey everybody! Just wanted to let everybody know that we have the master lists in hand, and are sorting the orders as they come in. Just to reiterate what Jason said, everybody from the list will ship first, and in order. Jason and I decided to get the preorder up a week in advance to give everybody time to respond. Since the list is a year old, we want to make sure people that originally signed on are still interested, and production can be adjusted accordingly.

We are also playing "catchup" on inventory after the long Chinese New Year.
Thanks for the update Rick.

I'm very interested to see the finished product as I know Jason put a lot of work into this project.

Regards,
John
Mar 08, 2010, 05:45 PM
Student of ohms law
weasel53's Avatar
Thanks Jay and Rick

4#6 TH and parts ordered!
Mar 08, 2010, 06:44 PM
Efficiency Freak!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels
i thought i was on the list =( i feel left out for the 4#6
quoted from pm
"It's not ready for sale yet but I will put you on the list and let you know when it's ready.

See you out there!

Later,
Jay "
Oops, sorry man, yeah, I have some updating to do on the list still, and I lost the list once around when you sent me you're PM. We lost power and I hadn't saved it. Upon rebuilding it I missed you.

You're on the list in the correct place now and I still need to sit down and finish updating it.

If anyone should be on the list and isn't, please contact me or Rick to make sure you're on it. Look at your sent PM history for the date you originally sent me the PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starz
WoooHoo!

Just ordered the TH for my 4#6, and simply couldn't’t resist ordering the TH for my 4#3 as well. Man, it’s a good thing I’m not married!!!

Mike
Hehe! Heli crack is a horrible addiction many woman will not put up with!

Thanks Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maseo
Edit:
Ah, hell, just ordered it for your hard work Jay!
The TH and some parts from ClubHeli, and got my other parts from Helipal, seems they got a good customer with me there now, heh Jacky Lee!
So now the waiting game begins.. Any idea where im @ on the 4#6 list ?

Also, i hope you will be posting a simple how-to-assemble the techhead guide right ?
Thanks Maseo, you're #25 on the 4#6 list. Some people had pre-ordered more than 1, hence the greater # than represented by the # of names on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Vaca
Hi all,
You should have most of the components to complete the head by stripping parts from your "old" head. If my past experience with b/h heads is consistent with the TH...all you need to "make" on the B, is 2 links to the mixer. you should already have all the other stuff .

regards,
Bill
Hi Bill!

Yep, I imagine many people will already have most of the parts to complete their TechHeads from their stock heads and spare parts bins.

You can use the upper swash with the Balls on it from the CB100 as well.

My first post and the 4#3B/CB100 TechHead listing on ClubHeli.com has more info on using the CB100 upper swash.

I will be making tutorials/instructions on how to build/finish your TechHead and I hope to cover all/many of the optional way to do it.

I did add "1" extra degree to each of the angles in the design of the TechHead to allow for the use of loose parts such as when people recycle their used parts from their old stock heads, and for a longer wear life all around.

When building it up with all new parts you may see signs of a bit of CCW TBE, and it may make some noise during hard cyclic input. This will be because of the "extra" I added in and should go away within 5 to 10 flights. Adding lube will reduce CCW TBE as well if you have it, but I would only add it if you need to as I think adding oil between aluminum parts can make it wear faster by keeping the molecules of the worn aluminum between the parts and can create an abrasive paste. My mock-ups lasted as much as 8 months though, so the TechHead should stay in good shape for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob
Now we are getting someplace at last.. If you call giving ClubHeli 65 bucks via PayPal for a 4#3 and 4#6 TechHead getting some place... Good thing I trust Rick...and Jay
Thanks Bob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer
Just ordered one of each as well!

Regards,
John
And you too John!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hauler
With as much time and effort (not to mention cash!) Jay has in the head, I'm sure he can't wait to get them into people's hands. He just contacted me today and let me know that an approved final production head is enroute to us for our own testing, photographing and review. We should have that Wednesday at the latest. Production has already started and the first run should be completed in the next day or so.

Bob, thanks for the vote of confidence. I can personally assure everyone who preorders will receive their heads. If I didn't think Jason was going to produce a great product and actually deliver it, we wouldn't have agreed to distribute it. We have had great success with JJetski and his products, and I'm confident the TechHead will make it's mark too.
Yep, it's on its' way via priority mail! Thanks for your vote of confidence in me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrex
Are you going to post some "instructions" (real men don't read instructions!) on how it all goes together?
Thanks
Yep, I will!!! I've got lots of advice, tips and tricks I can't wait to share too. I've just got to have the time to do it. I think I will be able to have them done within the next week.

Here's 3 tips for things you should have on hand:
1. 2 Finger Nail Clippers! Larger and flatter is better, like big toe nail clippers! Have 2 on hand, 1 that can have the cutting edge damaged that will be used as super fine tip pliers (used for the tiny ball studs), and 1 that has a good edge to get the little Brass Flybar Pivot Block Bushings out of the stock head without damaging them.
2. Red Lock-tight/Thread Locker! Used for securing the little Brass Flybar Pivot Block Bushings into your new TechHead.
3. Any old 4#3A,B,Q/4G3 etc... Walkera "Brushed Main Motor"!!! There are TWO thin Blue, and FOUR thicker Black Washers in each one! The black ones are on the shaft in front of the stator assy! They don't look like they are there, but they are. Just start digging at them and you'll see that what looks like a black plastic tube is actually 4 little washers! You can use these in place of the stupid little C-clips that the stock 4#3B feathering shaft uses!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel53
Thanks Jay and Rick

4#6 TH and parts ordered!
No, Thank you weasel!

Later,
Jay
Last edited by GITech; Mar 08, 2010 at 06:53 PM.
Mar 08, 2010, 07:11 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GITech
Here's 3 tips for things you should have on hand:
1. 2 Finger Nail Clippers! Larger and flatter is better, like big toe nail clippers! Have 2 on hand, 1 that can have the cutting edge damaged that will be used as super fine tip pliers (used for the tiny ball studs), and 1 that has a good edge to get the little Brass Flybar Pivot Block Bushings out of the stock head without damaging them.
2. Red Lock-tight/Thread Locker! Used for securing the little Brass Flybar Pivot Block Bushings into your new TechHead.
3. Any old 4#3A,B,Q/4G3 etc... Walkera "Brushed Main Motor"!!! There are TWO thin Blue, and FOUR thicker Black Washers in each one! The black ones are on the shaft in front of the stator assy! They don't look like they are there, but they are. Just start digging at them and you'll see that what looks like a black plastic tube is actually 4 little washers! You can use these in place of the stupid little C-clips that the stock 4#3B feathering shaft uses!!!



No, Thank you weasel!

Later,
Jay
So we can't use the washers from the mSR feathering spindle kit? We have to go but a new brushed motor to get the washers??
Mar 08, 2010, 08:37 PM
Efficiency Freak!
Oh, I didn't know that was an option. I don't have an MSR.

Do they fit and stuff?

Jay

Edit: Sorry so short...I just got done typing like 20 PM's and doing some catch-up myself!

I updated the list on the first page!
Last edited by GITech; Mar 08, 2010 at 08:53 PM.
Mar 08, 2010, 09:28 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GITech
Oh, I didn't know that was an option. I don't have an MSR.

Do they fit and stuff?

Jay

Edit: Sorry so short...I just got done typing like 20 PM's and doing some catch-up myself!

I updated the list on the first page!
They work on the 4#3 and CB100.. At the moment I can't remember if the 4#6 spindle is thicker than the 4#3 but seems like I had to make the hole in the CB head bigger to use on the 4#6 grips with the 4#6 spindle....
Mar 08, 2010, 09:38 PM
Efficiency Freak!
Cool! I'm going to have to look them up! Got a link?

Both TechHeads are 4#3B size and use the same parts, so they should work!
Mar 08, 2010, 09:47 PM
Heli collector
livonia bob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GITech
Cool! I'm going to have to look them up! Got a link?

Both TechHeads are 4#3B size and use the same parts, so they should work!


http://www.hopmeup.com/E-Flite-Blade...-p7722281.html


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Which Walkera Heli to buy? CB100, 4#6, 4G6?????? blepkowski Micro Helis 27 Apr 04, 2010 02:04 AM
Question 2nd heli: Blade MSR or Walkera CB100/4#3B? (Or Blade SR?) peterg4000 Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 19 Feb 27, 2010 05:05 PM
For Sale 3 Walkera's on eBay 4#6 / two 4#3B's helinut2 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 7 Feb 15, 2010 12:54 PM
Sold Walkera 500mAh 15c battery for 4G6,4#3B,4#3Q,CB100,Lama2 Novus more Z06 Tony Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Nov 01, 2009 10:40 AM
Discussion ▇ MSR killer Walkera CB100 heli and parts now available (4#3B replacement) sebtomato Micro Helis 40 Sep 16, 2009 06:59 AM