Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Feb 08, 2013, 08:16 AM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
Felt_ripper 23's Avatar
We got about two feet incoming later today, so hopes of flying are not high
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2013, 08:19 AM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
Felt_ripper 23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup
Well, after that post, I will look like an idiot writing this one. Woke up this a.m. to an unexpected 3" of snow on the ground. I was getting excited about flying the Nano outside and working on flips, but now I will have to wait until the snow melts (again) because I'm getting very tired of giving it blow dryer sessions when I bury it in the snow.

Ready for spring . . .
Height is your friend Another thing you can do is just get a piece of plywood and land on that.

If it warms up, then cools down, the snow gets a solid layer of ice thats safe to land on.
Feb 08, 2013, 08:29 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt_ripper 23
Height is your friend Another thing you can do is just get a piece of plywood and land on that.

If it warms up, then cools down, the snow gets a solid layer of ice thats safe to land on.
hah! You assume I "land" on purpose! I'm learning to flip it around, so more often than not, my landings are a bit, er, unexpected. I just blew $70 bucks on heli parts (again) for a $150 heli. These stupid things are high maintenance!
Feb 08, 2013, 08:55 AM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
Felt_ripper 23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup
hah! You assume I "land" on purpose! I'm learning to flip it around, so more often than not, my landings are a bit, er, unexpected. I just blew $70 bucks on heli parts (again) for a $150 heli. These stupid things are high maintenance!
LOl I feel ya. I had this 9958 heli from NP. I probably spend ten times as much time fixing it as flying it
Feb 08, 2013, 10:45 AM
Registered User
TurboRacer's Avatar
WWIU - not to try to get you to get more toys or anything.. but.. Check out the Ladybird V2 RTF (~$65 on ebay). It flies just like a heli, yet almost as stable as a co-ax. You can practice orientations and stuff and enjoy a *very* low maintenance trainer in your living room...

Just saying
Feb 08, 2013, 12:20 PM
Registered User
TurboRacer's Avatar
Still early on in the storm, supposed to get real crazy this evening. 24" of snow, 60mph wind! haha..

Here's the first vid - check out the lost pigeons..

Blizzard Nemo in Connecticut (3 min 2 sec)
Feb 08, 2013, 12:45 PM
Registered User
Mrgeorgedoors's Avatar
Got a few batteries in again today with my T28's looking grim for few days heavy rain heading this way that's the field flooded again
Feb 08, 2013, 01:54 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer
Still early on in the storm, supposed to get real crazy this evening. 24" of snow, 60mph wind! haha..

Here's the first vid - check out the lost pigeons..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZArp7hKXZM&hd=1
TR -

Thanks for the recommendation on the heli - I'll consider it.

VERY cool vid when those birds went by! Make sure you take some "after" shots for us!
Feb 08, 2013, 02:46 PM
Registered User
We have a storm coming through right now. Supposed to intensify tonight and out by early Saturday evening. At least there's hope for flying on Sunday.
Feb 08, 2013, 02:52 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69
We have a storm coming through right now. Supposed to intensify tonight and out by early Saturday evening. At least there's hope for flying on Sunday.
snowing and blowing right now here
Feb 08, 2013, 03:12 PM
Suspenders Account
bhoov128's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd
snowing and blowing right now here
Well what else are you supposed to do when you're stuck inside with your lady?
Feb 08, 2013, 03:32 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
Well what else are you supposed to do when you're stuck inside with your lady?
after 35 years nuttin honey
Feb 08, 2013, 07:22 PM
mutski
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer
Still early on in the storm, supposed to get real crazy this evening. 24" of snow, 60mph wind! haha..

Here's the first vid - check out the lost pigeons..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZArp7hKXZM&hd=1


Man, that's a lot of wires to avoid!
Feb 08, 2013, 07:48 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Piece's Avatar
I was just browsing HobbyKing and I spotted this. The product description had me giggling out loud. It looks like their marketing staff truly know no limits... at all...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Hobby partz/Nitroplane going out of business ? Dennis Everett HobbyPartz.com 13 Nov 04, 2015 10:02 AM
Discussion I'm going out now, and may be gone for some time.... flyonline Slope 22 Oct 20, 2015 12:22 PM
Alert I'm going to be down and out for hopefully a .............. mtdoramike Trader Talk 15 Jan 09, 2009 05:11 PM
2.4 m Concorde 4 x BL EDF's build thread!!!!!!!!! its going to be BIG Paul DF jet man Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 70 Nov 14, 2008 12:12 AM
Whoops! Well, I'm going to be out of commmison for a while the_canuck Slope 74 Jan 20, 2006 03:59 PM