Thread Tools
Nov 28, 2012, 11:54 AM
Diverted by planks
tracknoob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup
NICE vid - man, that roll rate is INSANE. Scary on that motor wire, I was surprised there was no damage to the LG mounts - nice recovery!
That roll rate is even more bizarre to watch in person -- when I gave the 'Hey watch this!" today, and did a high speed/high rate full-on roll sequence, mouths in the pits just opened up and unhinged. I was totally lucky (zero skill on my part) to have two different passes of maybe 10 complete rolls at a string end up having the plane right side up and exactly wings-level. Seeing that, you'd think I knew what I was doing. So, needless to say, I ignored all cries to "Do it again!" during that flight -- I wanted the artifice of my good piloting to last at least one flight long!


And true to their word at Twisted Hobbys, and good old USPS fast service, my new batteries are here, so now I have four 450mah batteries and a hot new plane to put them into -- so, guess what I'm doing this afternoon?


I'M GOING OUT FLYING!


Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2012, 01:51 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
Felt_ripper 23's Avatar
The snow melted, and I see no wind.

This could be my chance!
Nov 28, 2012, 01:53 PM
Lysdexic I'm
HeeBeeGeeBee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felt_ripper 23
The snow melted, and I see no wind.

This could be my chance!
Stryker time? Go get 'em!
Nov 28, 2012, 02:59 PM
Registered User
cwolfe's Avatar
Unexpectedly got the afternoon off. Packing up the Eflite T-34 Mentor, the Mus, and Maxford Ultimate and heading to the field. 65, lite winds and not a cloud in the sky.
Nov 28, 2012, 03:15 PM
Lysdexic I'm
HeeBeeGeeBee's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe
Unexpectedly got the afternoon off. Packing up the Eflite T-34 Mentor, the Mus, and Maxford Ultimate and heading to the field. 65, lite winds and not a cloud in the sky.
I'm green again! Enjoy my friend...enjoy
Nov 28, 2012, 04:11 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
Felt_ripper 23's Avatar
I'm crying on the inside. I have alot of HW To do, and now its dark. NO WIND
Nov 28, 2012, 04:22 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Piece's Avatar
LEDs work wonders.
Nov 28, 2012, 05:26 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
Felt_ripper 23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by C₄H₁₀
LEDs work wonders.
True, but I don't wanna mess with it before I've even flown it once
Nov 28, 2012, 05:27 PM
Dude, get me some ice cream!
Felt_ripper 23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwolfe
Unexpectedly got the afternoon off. Packing up the Eflite T-34 Mentor, the Mus, and Maxford Ultimate and heading to the field. 65, lite winds and not a cloud in the sky.
LUCKY!!!!! GHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Nov 29, 2012, 11:47 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob
That roll rate is even more bizarre to watch in person -- when I gave the 'Hey watch this!" today, and did a high speed/high rate full-on roll sequence, mouths in the pits just opened up and unhinged. I was totally lucky (zero skill on my part) to have two different passes of maybe 10 complete rolls at a string end up having the plane right side up and exactly wings-level. Seeing that, you'd think I knew what I was doing. So, needless to say, I ignored all cries to "Do it again!" during that flight -- I wanted the artifice of my good piloting to last at least one flight long!


And true to their word at Twisted Hobbys, and good old USPS fast service, my new batteries are here, so now I have four 450mah batteries and a hot new plane to put them into -- so, guess what I'm doing this afternoon?


I'M GOING OUT FLYING!


I just love my edge 540 from TH ! Got where i can fly in my front yard with houses ,trees, and high wires ! Although i did land it on roof next door twice and once on the wires little glue and back in the air !
Nov 29, 2012, 12:02 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd
I just love my edge 540 from TH ! Got where i can fly in my front yard with houses ,trees, and high wires ! Although i did land it on roof next door twice and once on the wires little glue and back in the air !
Feel free to post videos of that . . . some of us who are trapped indoors and unable to fly might enjoy living vicariously through you. I'm not talking about ME of course, it's just that I have this friend and all . . .
Nov 29, 2012, 12:22 PM
Registered User
TurboRacer's Avatar
Ahhh man.. I had bad luck on my lunch break. First the ASbach3X.. Flying all nicey nice, was doing some low/slow harriers and tip stalled to the concrete.. Wasn't a hard hit, but must have been a perfect hit because the nose popped off clean.. Glue and tape, into the trunk to sit..
Take out my Logo 400. Just put FBL head on and AR7200BX. Trying to get it all set up right.. I got it close, but not perfect. Anyway, test hovering, flip it over, and then realized I wasn't in idle up
Too low and slow to recover.
I'm off to shop for parts.
Nov 29, 2012, 12:39 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
whichwaysup's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer
Ahhh man.. I had bad luck on my lunch break. First the ASbach3X.. Flying all nicey nice, was doing some low/slow harriers and tip stalled to the concrete.. Wasn't a hard hit, but must have been a perfect hit because the nose popped off clean.. Glue and tape, into the trunk to sit..
Take out my Logo 400. Just put FBL head on and AR7200BX. Trying to get it all set up right.. I got it close, but not perfect. Anyway, test hovering, flip it over, and then realized I wasn't in idle up
Too low and slow to recover.
I'm off to shop for parts.
Ughh -that is such a bummer!!!!! The good news is that the nose goes back on the Sbach REALLY well. Don't ask me how (or how many times) I know that. As for the heli - I'm thinking carnage. Ouch. Just glad the week o'crashes ended last week for me . . . knock on wood.
Nov 29, 2012, 01:26 PM
Diverted by planks
tracknoob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer
flip it over, and then realized I wasn't in idle up
Too low and slow to recover.
I'm off to shop for parts.

[slow motion sad face]

"N-o-o-o-o-o-o-ooooooooo..........!!!!!!"
Nov 29, 2012, 02:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup
Feel free to post videos of that . . . some of us who are trapped indoors and unable to fly might enjoy living vicariously through you. I'm not talking about ME of course, it's just that I have this friend and all . . .
Okay here is a short one, only one i have so far.. It is short due to my buddy yakking and got my attention off the plane so i just sit it down I do the same to him, yak yak yak when he is flying, it is a bad habit as the pilot needs to concentrate on the plane I am still quite new to the 3d thing laugh all you want i sure do
11 16 12 edge (1 min 49 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Hobby partz/Nitroplane going out of business ? Dennis Everett HobbyPartz.com 13 Nov 04, 2015 10:02 AM
Discussion I'm going out now, and may be gone for some time.... flyonline Slope 22 Oct 20, 2015 12:22 PM
Alert I'm going to be down and out for hopefully a .............. mtdoramike Trader Talk 15 Jan 09, 2009 05:11 PM
2.4 m Concorde 4 x BL EDF's build thread!!!!!!!!! its going to be BIG Paul DF jet man Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 70 Nov 14, 2008 12:12 AM
Whoops! Well, I'm going to be out of commmison for a while the_canuck Slope 74 Jan 20, 2006 03:59 PM