This thread is privately moderated by Steve85, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 05, 2010, 11:22 PM
Still the "Pro"-crastinator...
Thread OP
Discussion

Flying Models Magazine Article Index

Flying Models Magazine Article Index - 2005-2010

Five years ago I subscribed to Flying Models magazine, and I have to say it's my favourite model airplane magazine. Its strength lies in its wide coverage of all aspects of our hobby, from R/C to control line to free flight and others. It includes great columns by guys who know their stuff, and every issue has at least one plan and a construction article.

After having subcribed for a couple of years, I often found myself digging through back issues looking for an article I remembered. While this was always interesting, since I usually got caught up in reading all the old articles again, it didn't help me find what I was looking for any more quickly. I decided an article index would help me find what I was looking for, and spent a few evenings compiling the attached spreadsheet. It's in MicroSoft Excel format, and you can sort it on any column to find whatever you're looking for.

DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS.

It seems the RC Groups blog application doesn't support uploading Excel files, so I've renamed the file with a .doc file extension, which tricks RC Groups into thinking it's a Word document, which it supports. To view the index, you have to right click on the file below, and click "Save Target As" to save a copy on your computer. Once it's saved to your computer, rename the file name from FM_Article_Index.doc to FM_Article_Index.xls, and then Microsoft Excel should be able to open it without any problems.

I have to provide the disclaimer that the index doesn't contain every article published in every issue, but it certainly has most of them. Any gaps are to be found in the product reviews, which I only started including as I got near the end of my stack of issues. All the construction articles are here, though, so scratchbuilders may find this most useful. If you enjoy this index, drop me a PM!

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2010, 04:06 AM

eric to Steve

Great Rumpler Steve.
I bumped my Rumpler up to 29" wingspan and hope it will be a good outdoor FFrubber. Your weight saving ideas have really helped a lot. If I ever get a camera I'll post some pictures. How is your Rumpler flying?
Also, have you or anyone out there seen a Pfaltz D3 kit from Gulliow's available and if so, have you ever heard or seen any stories or pic's on flight characteristics?

Thanks. Eric
Sep 27, 2011, 12:32 PM
A posse ad esse
Aerowerkes sells a nice laser cut short kit of the Guillows Pfalz D3. I bought one and it is a super value. Included with the laser cut parts is a CD with the remastered plans and parts sheet. Try it, you'll like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric lugosch
Great Rumpler Steve.
I bumped my Rumpler up to 29" wingspan and hope it will be a good outdoor FFrubber. Your weight saving ideas have really helped a lot. If I ever get a camera I'll post some pictures. How is your Rumpler flying?
Also, have you or anyone out there seen a Pfaltz D3 kit from Gulliow's available and if so, have you ever heard or seen any stories or pic's on flight characteristics?

Thanks. Eric
Dec 30, 2013, 11:41 AM
You are right about FM -- best magazine currently available. However, Model Builder was the best one ever, imho! I have subscribed to Flying Models since about 1975 and kept every issue. I also have every issue of Model Builder. Wonder what my wife will do with them after I am dead and gone!

Pat Daily
Midlothian, VA

Quick Reply