Feb 20, 2013, 09:41 PM
Electric Hippy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmer
Like this?

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/newsPage.asp

Due to the Chinese New Year holidays, please see our revised trading hours over the period:

Hong Kong warehouse - Closed from the 11th of February to the 13th of February
China warehouse (JIT Items) - Closed from the 6th of February to the 16th of February

Support Center - Business as usual (Running 24/7)
Live Chat - Business as usual (Running 24/7)

USA warehouse - Business as usual
AUS warehouse - Business as usual
UK warehouse - Business as usual
DE warehouse - Business as usual
NL warehouse - Business as usual
BR warehouse - Business as usual

We appreciate your patience with any delays experienced around these dates. We've been working very hard leading up to this event to ensure impact is minimal.

I ordered a JIT item just prior to Chinese New Year, paid for EMS shipping. It still hasn't shipped, exactly as I expected .. No surprises or complaints from me.
Business as usual.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2013, 01:41 AM
de-registered abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_lake
LOL

One can only hope that HK take on complaints and learn from them and attempt to rectify issues to increase customer satisfaction and not be like Oz B&M stores that wonder why they cant sell things
did you not get the memo?........they were closed for Chinese new years! How is complaining to one hobby store in China going to get a whole country to not have a holiday period?

But of course HK aren't a big online store, so when they re opened a week later, they probably only had your order to fill, so I can see your frustration....

BTW, I went to my LHS on new years day and they were shut, so I banged on the door for 10 minutes yelling that they didn't want to sell me anything...... No wonder they aren't making any money with that kind of attitude !!
Feb 21, 2013, 06:32 AM
Lecturer and Chief UAV Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouch
did you not get the memo?........they were closed for Chinese new years! How is complaining to one hobby store in China going to get a whole country to not have a holiday period?

But of course HK aren't a big online store, so when they re opened a week later, they probably only had your order to fill, so I can see your frustration....

BTW, I went to my LHS on new years day and they were shut, so I banged on the door for 10 minutes yelling that they didn't want to sell me anything...... No wonder they aren't making any money with that kind of attitude !!
How dare they not be open on the first day of the year.
Feb 21, 2013, 04:35 PM
Member #1
Anyone else here not able to pay the aussie warehouse with a credit card through paypal???

Just put in a small order of aussie warehouse products and got to the paypal payment screen and i cant use my visa debit card to pay...its the first time thats ever happened.
Feb 21, 2013, 04:38 PM
I took 25yr Break, New Tech!
Nup, no problem here, 2 orders placed at 07:29 both via Paypal to a credit card.. Both Visa
Feb 21, 2013, 04:59 PM
Member #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdog1
Nup, no problem here, 2 orders placed at 07:29 both via Paypal to a credit card.. Both Visa
Hmm, thats strange.

I'll try again a bit later on.
Feb 21, 2013, 05:48 PM
de-registered abuser
so the option button for selecting either account is missing you mean?

I know they (paypal) changed my default payment method from visa debit I had set up, to instant bank transfer, but there was always an option to change it so it goes through via the visa account.

Not talking HK in particular here, but I normally make it go through visa to add a little bit more backup in case of issues with a purchase rather than a std bank transfer as the bank washes it hands with money transfers the second it goes through. Whether visa will give me any support due to it being a debit card rather than the std credit card, who knows, as I haven't had an issue as yet.

Whatever your problem is, It sounds more like a paypal thing than HK thing though.
Feb 21, 2013, 06:00 PM
Member #1
Yeah I always use a CC to pay for extra protection and the fact it pays instantly and doesn't take just shy of a week for the bank transfer to go through.

And yeah the option for a CC payment wasn't there. I'll investigate later when I get home.
Feb 21, 2013, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouch

Hi dude closing for a day is one thing, closing for a week at a time is
Feb 21, 2013, 07:12 PM
de-registered abuser
honestly lake..........are you serious?
Feb 21, 2013, 07:26 PM
Plays with Toys
My order of the 11th with one JIT item on it which was only picked on the morning of the 19th and today is the 22nd and still no goods dispatched so count me in for being a little less than wanting to praise them. If your that unhappy then I guess you can always cancel an order and ask for a refund.

That said it happens all around the world, we do it for 7 days+ at Christmas New Year the Europeans do it during their Summer Vacation time (some places I deal with for 2-3 weeks) so not that unusual at all.
Feb 21, 2013, 07:53 PM
de-registered abuser
Tim, as you probably know China warehouse (JIT Items) - Closed from the 6th of February to the 16th of February so in that time how many orders do you think backed up?

And besides, sometimes the order status can sometimes be worthless. There's every chance your stuff is actually on it's way and hasn't been updated.
Feb 21, 2013, 08:00 PM
Plays with Toys
That's why level of frustration is really fairly low other than I WANT MY NEW TOYS NOW !!!
Mar 05, 2013, 08:21 PM
Plays with Toys
Toys arrived. 3 1/2 weeks delivery from order so not a disaster just a pain in the grass as it has delayed playing

Time to go pop their packing airbags
Mar 05, 2013, 10:29 PM
Member #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_mellor

Time to go pop their packing airbags
That's the best part of ordering from HK!!! Lol

Quick Reply