May 26, 2003, 12:11 AM

Great back yard flying with TM

I have a new appreciation for my GWS TM now that I fly with Kokams. With a average of 25 minute flights, over half time at full throttle and no decrease in performance, it is just fantastic.
I can fly sitting in my chair on the upper level of my yard with mountains all around. Very relaxing. I have att'd several pix.

Sgt Rock
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2003, 12:24 AM

try that att'd pix again.

Try attaching picture again...
May 26, 2003, 12:27 AM

More, perhaps better

Sorry still trying...
May 26, 2003, 12:30 AM

One more

Heres another...
May 26, 2003, 12:51 AM
29 rods from you in western WI
Cool! Last one looks like a real plane, and a bit of digital airbrushing on the antenna would do the same for the first.

I can stretch my brushless slowstick to 25 minutes, but that's at minimum airspeed. Fun to do things with electrics not possible with glow.

Karl
May 26, 2003, 12:57 AM
Yes, they are the best, spent 5 years with gas powered, however the freedom, peacefullness and cleanliness of electric makes it unbeatable. Match that with kokams and....perfection.
May 27, 2003, 04:54 AM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
Sgt,

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I'd kind of "retired" my moth but then recently got a bunch of two cell Kokam 1020 packs and now have the joy of being able to land more than 30 minutes after I took off (with plenty of loops while flying). Longest flight so far was 33 minutes 40 seconds. I just keep trying to see if I can eek out just a few more minutes but the only downside of this new battery technology is the stiff neck you get from looking up for so long. After two battery packs I have to stop as more than an hour looking up is about my limit!

These LiPo's sure give a whole new life to flying an "old" plane though!

Cliff
May 27, 2003, 12:36 PM
Wright Flyer....you bet, the neck gets sore, what a pleasure though. I fly my Moth in wind I wouldnt have bothered before, just because I know I have the reserves to bring it back to me. It has brought new life to the old bird. I am contemplating buying a new TM, that would get rid of all the extra grams of epoxy, paint and tape from crashes before....
May 27, 2003, 12:38 PM
Wright Flyer, I think I will begin timed flights for my own contest of duration. 33 min 40 seconds eh.... hmmm, I will have to try for 33 min 41 seconds!!

Sgt Rock