Mar 03, 2010, 06:16 AM
Airwolf57
Thread OP
Discussion

Ultrafly F16 Foam Jet Pushers...

Hi guys I have 2 of these at this time. Both are built now and painted..
if you have had one of these perhaps you can advise ... I have to put brushless motors into these ..What size for good performance...Matching ESC that can take loads and Lipo Battery Size...
I have only seen these on You Tube but they look ok and fly well..
I dont think I will be flying them yet not enough experience only still learner but I want to do them up for my next level..
any info would be good tks ..
The Airwolf
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2010, 06:55 AM
Um. BTW nice plane.
Most important is cg. It was design for nimh batteries and falcon motor. With this Im saying that changing to lipo and bl motor will have a weight advantage. I had to add clay in order to balance It. I use a himaxx bl 2025 (check http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-10a.html#GearBox) with metal gearbox and the smallest gears (4.4), and apc 5*5 prop. Overall its a great flier...
Hope this help!!!
Mar 03, 2010, 08:11 AM
Airwolf57
Thread OP
Thanks for info I forgot to tell you One of the F16's came with an
EMAX 2812 red motor and a 35a ESC with a APC 6 x 4 Prop.. I think is
this a good combination.. Just a direct drive and no gearbox.
The Airwolf
Mar 03, 2010, 04:29 PM
Well thas even better, no gear. Make sure to use a wattmeter just to monitor current!
Mar 03, 2010, 09:56 PM
Airwolf57
Thread OP
Great Stuff I have gone ahead and fitted all into where its supposed to go now.. Brand New stuff never been used ...The book says 70 - 90 for CG
being new where and how the hell do you get correct CG? Ive heard you hold the aircraft near the body others the end of the wings for CG ??? whats the correct method
The Airwolf
Australia
Mar 03, 2010, 10:25 PM
Airwolf57
Thread OP
I also forgot while I posted last thread can anyone help with where I can buy Landing gear for this Model... I know it doesnt come with it but I would like to give it a try on at least 1 of these Birds... that would be front and the 2 wings I guess anyone advise on that ...Plse... maybe would GWS which I cant get here or some other manufacturer fit and not spoil performance..
I would still probably Hand Launch so only for landing purposes as bottom of aircraft did not come with Plastic part as shown in manual for belly landing..
The Airwolf
Australia
Mar 04, 2010, 10:33 AM
The UF F-16 is fast and fun. You can read my build thread here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=733618

post some pictures when you are done. The foam is very soft, so protect it well.
Mar 05, 2010, 12:00 AM
Airwolf57
Thread OP
Thank you Agriebel that was a great build article ..I have finished the two and painted them not to any specific colour and trying to get Decals for them is virtually impossible here in Australia...but will perservere... just ordering one more motor and esc for one of them... I dont know how to upload pikkies here I am used to going to browse , My Pictures comes up then I select Pikkie and comes up on computer... I dont know this one about http stuff.
Cant win last night won another F16 Pusher on Ebay this one is Fiberglass with balsa/ply wings and has landing gear...So thanks again I will put this one away and use foamies for better training...The 2 Kits were very old when I bought them for $40.00 no Belly pans no decals just very basic foam kit so I am trying to do my best with them...
The Airwolf
Australia

Quick Reply