Me too! But...
Be careful out there in the garage!
Ouch!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 07, 2012, 11:42 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro bro steve
What happened Mark looks like you ran your finger over a table saw. ??

I hope it did not cut the nerve.
Stupidity plus an unsafe control system.

I had my new, just finished TBS quad hooked up to my laptop to make some adjustments and normally this is not an issue because there is a failsafe built into the software which disables the outputs to the ESC's.
...but...
This time when the controller powered up I got a pop up telling me there was new firmware and would I like to upgrade? I said yes and got a screen which listed the changes and, again asked if I would like to proceed?

I clicked yes and instantly all four motors spooled up for a couple seconds and I put my hand up to block as it went by my head. Pretty lucky I got away with 5 stitches in one finger. Finger tip is still a bit numb but it is coming back. Broke two props and crushed a nice antenna when it hit the floor.

Interesting thing is I posted on two different Naza threads a warning and got a dozen emails from others who have had this happen (one with many more stitches). I was dumb because I should have had the props off as the second failsafe as I usually do.

So again, be careful out there fellow mobmates , these dogs can bite!
Nov 07, 2012, 11:43 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Heres the results of my 180A battery test, as soon as I break in the Glacier I'll add it to the list. I was pretty surprised by the performance of the Haiyin. SupaTim identified that as one of the batteries with "legs" during his field testing. Too bad I didn't have a Revolectrix for him to try.
Nov 08, 2012, 12:40 AM
Got the Slickness
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph
NIce!
Nov 08, 2012, 12:44 AM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY
Ouch!
+100 to that!
Nov 08, 2012, 01:18 AM
Flarpy
My middle finger tip is still numb and tingly from the exact injury Mark. It was the middle of winter, fingers where ice cold, and I was trying to start a new 4 stroke satio and it backfired. Finger slid right up the un-sanded razor sharp APC prop.. Finga tip-a-flappin in da breeze.
Nov 08, 2012, 01:37 AM
aka ECAA3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun
Ecaa3D, do you have any of the gear for new plane or buying everything fresh?
Everything fresh. The 60" extra so far is my biggest plane.
Nov 08, 2012, 01:48 AM
Go Hawks!
Anyone interested in a seldom flown EG 57" MX2 electric?

Its got an Infinite motor that I usually flew this with a 6s pack with a 14" prop
or as its setup now for a 5s 3800 pack (new/unused) and a 15" prop
Electrifly 80amp speedo
nothing fancy on the servo's
All setup. Just add your receiver.

Some have seen this fly last year. Crazy power!

$225 paypal gift (buying new computer hardware via Newegg/paypal) and you can swing by my house anytime
SOLD. Thanks Henry, and to the guys who pointed it out to him!! I owe you guys a cold one!
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Nov 08, 2012 at 02:06 PM.
Nov 08, 2012, 01:55 AM
aka ECAA3D
Quote:
Heres the results of my 180A battery test, as soon as I break in the Glacier I'll add it to the list. I was pretty surprised by the performance of the Haiyin. SupaTim identified that as one of the batteries with "legs" during his field testing. Too bad I didn't have a Revolectrix for him to try.
Are those Haiyin packs the 20-30C packs? I didn't think they made 25c.
I have a few 3c 3300mah packs I haven't used. Using the Gens Ace 25c 4000mah packs in my Extra. Been wanting to get a few Haiyins to try out but those Revolectrix look badass.
Nov 08, 2012, 02:17 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecaa3d
Are those Haiyin packs the 20-30C packs? I didn't think they made 25c.
I have a few 3c 3300mah packs I haven't used. Using the Gens Ace 25c 4000mah packs in my Extra. Been wanting to get a few Haiyins to try out but those Revolectrix look badass.
Yeah, they make 20's, 25's, 30's, 35's and a special upgrade 40. Pretty strange but from what I am seeing I think it's because they're the real deal.

http://www.haiyinstore.com/products_...=225+&PID=226+

Revolectrix suprised me, now I feel pretty dumb that I bought some of the TP's when I could have bought the Revo's for half the price.
Nov 08, 2012, 02:26 AM
aka ECAA3D
Quote:
Yeah, they make 20's, 25's, 30's, 35's and a special upgrade 40. Pretty strange but from what I am seeing I think it's because they're the real deal.

Revolectrix suprised me, now I feel pretty dumb that I bought some of the TP's when I could have bought the Revo's for half the price.
Do you really notice a lot more punch throughout with the higher C packs?

I just realized how to get my Hyperion charger to charge at a higher C than 2
Nov 08, 2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:

Don't feel dumb when those TP packs last for way more cycles...

Nov 08, 2012, 01:08 PM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kody'd'punk
Don't feel dumb when those TP packs last for way more cycles...

Oh SNAP!!

lol
Nov 08, 2012, 01:36 PM
Watts is where its at!
Those numbers are interesting Joe. The 25C GensAce beat the GensAce 60C and they had the largest voltage recovery at rest.

How many cycles were these packs broken in for?
Nov 08, 2012, 01:41 PM
Gone 2 Drone Darkside! FPV FAA
Hey Kody.

Regarding next weeks MAR/C board meeting on Wed Nov 14th starting at 7pm..
in which the potential MAR/C FPV ban will be further discussed.

What is Digipen's street address?

Which after work hours access door do those that want to attend use?

Quick Reply