Aug 27, 2012, 04:06 AM
I'm an elder of the Internet
I'm planning on bringing the Cinestar with me to huckfest, which will fly the Canon 7D. I will also bring my 5D mark II, tripod, shoulder rig, etc. as well.
Right now I'm going to test an FPV setup on the copter, so I can get better shots.

As for the park flyer vid, from what I understand, he is judging the flying more than the video production quality.
I can't do any "cheating" on my end during post-production when I match moves to the music.
He said the video can have a maximum of two cuts, so that means whoever is flying needs to plan their flight with the
music, and have no F-ups.
I am going to think a bit more about how I want to put this together.
-Chris
Last edited by Captain Awesome; Aug 27, 2012 at 04:17 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2012, 10:17 AM
You brought two too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxky View Post
Good news on the 103" front. I put the 28 x10 Xoar carbon on it and its turned into a real gem of a setup. Gobs of power, nice smooth snappy transition, I'd say it's very close to mufflers now but with more power. It can rip the 28 x10 no problem. This prop is louder than the Vess Stealth but I think it's giving me better performance.
Great news, glad you got the bugs worked out, Das Huckfesten.... nice one!
Aug 27, 2012, 11:00 AM
Ride Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38
Come out and pay the gang a visit ol friend!

hows the new schedule? Have you started that yet?
Yeah. Weekends with the wife is nice.

We're out of town next weekend, but maybe the weekend after that I'll swing by MARC.
Aug 27, 2012, 12:37 PM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen View Post
Yeah. Weekends with the wife is nice.

We're out of town next weekend, but maybe the weekend after that I'll swing by MARC.
good deal about the weekends.

If you swing by MARC the weekend after this, it probably will be deserted as most everyone will be in Wenatchee.

Sounds like you two should take a day trip to Wenatchee on the 8th or 9th
Aug 27, 2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxky View Post
Good news on the 103" front. I put the 28 x10 Xoar carbon on it and its turned into a real gem of a setup. Gobs of power, nice smooth snappy transition, I'd say it's very close to mufflers now but with more power. It can rip the 28 x10 no problem. This prop is louder than the Vess Stealth but I think it's giving me better performance.

I am having some issues with the cowl getting pressurized. At moderate speed you can hear it surging. In a hover or on the ground it's not doing that. To me that says I need to do something about pressure changes in the cowl. But it's totally huckable already so its all systems go for Das Huckfesten! I'm so happy its working right again.
I saw some eerie Flopgun style influences in Gareth's flying yesterday. I think somebody's preparing to pop open a mega can of 3D whoop ass at "Das Huckfesten"(tm)
Aug 27, 2012, 08:15 PM
Flarpy
Hey Chis, I didn't even know about your contest, and sure wasn't implying cheating. I was just thinking we might have some fun teaming up and seeing what we can achieve. I can bring my Nikon DSLR so you don't have to risk yours. I even have an old downlink that worked ok years ago, but I'm sure the new FPV systems are far superior.
We did professional aerial photography with this setup, 10 years ago. it's pretty smooth. The Heli is a German Benzin gasser, (non glow) with some serious long flight potential.
Anyway just sayin, we could have some fun with it if you want to. If not that's ok too.
Aug 27, 2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarpy View Post
Hey Chis, I didn't even know about your contest, and sure wasn't implying cheating. I was just thinking we might have some fun teaming up and seeing what we can achieve.
Flarpy, your cool and in the clear! It was me that was trying to find a loop hole or edge in the Flops rules. Kudo's to Captain Awesome for keeping it real & a true contest of pilot skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leespaddock View Post
Kody & Vitter, I am going to beyond disapointed if I don't see your 3D throwdown video submission to Flops "2012 Park Flying Freestyle Contest" !

(https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...errerid=325014

Please don't make me beg & it would be humiliating to see a grown man cry..

The infamous, iniquitous & insidious Seattle 3D Mob adheres to no flippin rules, it eradicates em!
Quote:
Originally Posted by leespaddock View Post
Something to ponder, Flop said two vid cuts, what he didn't day was how many vantage points. Image starting with a straight up video, cut to plane mounted mirco cam & finish with FPV quad copter cam. Throw you best skill at the video, cover up & trill with plane mirco cam filler & simply mesmerize low & slow with FPV. I also think AC/DC's "Shoot To Thrill" as a 3D Rock n Roll foundation would be just killer...

Count me in as a 3D Mob production support minion.
Aug 27, 2012, 11:35 PM
Flarpy
Hold on. Hold on. These are flops rules?? No wonder he tried to talk me outta bringing my Heli!
It's going to be 3 1/2 days of pure fun!
Aug 28, 2012, 01:07 AM
Crack is wack!!! I like me some craaaaaaack. It is cracker-licious. Thanks SupaTim for getting me hooked.
Aug 28, 2012, 02:43 AM
I'm an elder of the Internet
Yo Flarp!

I think we accidentally got into two different discussions.
I plan on shooting and producing an entirely separate video just for HUCKFEST.
I want as many hands on deck as possible!
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
I want to make a super-duper long and action packed video just for the event.
I'm thinking 15 to 30 minutes or more!

Here's what I am thinking for Huckfest:
Your Flarpcopter w/DSLR, the Vittercopter w/GoPro, my Cinestar w/7D, me w/5D, and Flop w/his camera if he wants to donate footage. I want to capture not only flying, but the whole scene.
I'm going to interview people, take shots of whats happening in the crowd, as well as all of the 3D mayhem.

This is an open invitation for any of you who wants to help me shoot a kick-ass Huckfest video!

So if you guys are up for it, and if there is anyone else who wants to shoot and donate footage, let me know! I want to produce a monstrous video of HUCKFEST!

I will bring my laptop and card reader with me, so we can have a centralized place to put all the footage as we shoot.

Here are my basic guidelines for camera settings:

Record in 1080p at 30 frames per second, with a shutter speed of 1/60th, and set it to shutter priority.
If you don't own a DSLR, or nice camcorder, ignore the last two settings.

Flops Park Flyer contest is a whole separate beast.
I will be teaming up with Kody, and producing a video of him for the contest as a separate video.

Anyways, today I had a fun evening with Larry and Lee. We flew, crashed, and played around with a sweet little lens on my camera.
Larry has graciously loaned my his nifty 50mm prime lens, and I'm hooked.
Here are some shots that Larry and I snapped tonight.
Aug 28, 2012, 09:54 AM
Got the Slickness
WOW... great shot of your Slick Chris!!
Aug 28, 2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Yo Flarp!

Flops Park Flyer contest is a whole separate beast.
I will be teaming up with Kody, and producing a video of him for the contest as a separate video.

Anyways, today I had a fun evening with Larry and Lee. We flew, crashed, and played around with a sweet little lens on my camera.
Larry has graciously loaned my his nifty 50mm prime lens, and I'm hooked.
A moment of silence for Larry's fallin Viper......may it rest in "pieces" or as Larry suggested may it rest tail section mounted on his living room wall like a big game trophy. Larry you had a great attitude & bounced right back flyin 3D on your Edge.

Larry simply amazing shot of Chris's Slick! Pro quality. It was like watchin paparazzi as you ran across the field camera shutter clickin off like a machine gun.

You go Kody & Chris! Represent the 3D Mob! With your combined talent It's gonna be flat out awesome. I can't wait, the suspense is gonna kill me like the wait the night prior to Christmas morning.
Aug 28, 2012, 11:48 AM
ex-noob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Yeah! Rockin the rubber band and everything!

Great shots Chris. I had forgotten how much I like that lens. Oh, and that twilight color is awesome!
Aug 28, 2012, 12:38 PM
You brought two too many.
Wow, looks like the camera stuff will be off the hook/chain, hold the phone, get out of town type deal, awesome.

I got the Kody Punk'd Raven video cooking and most of the Marcotics video done. The reason it's taking so long is the footage was taken with funky settings and I've had to experiment with filters/de-interlacers and stuff like that do fix it.
Aug 28, 2012, 02:42 PM
9 days and counting, who's ready for the HUCK!?! Been stupid busy with work and travel but sneaking a flight or two in where I can and helping with a few other builds and maidens. Check out the latest batch of crack...

Name: IMG-20120828-00895.jpg
Views: 84
Size: 163.8 KB
Description:

Larry, make sure you only keep the ones you love or you start running out of wall space on the wall o'shame. Here's my electric wall o' shame, my gas one just made me sad instead of nostalgic.

Name: IMG-20120828-00896.jpg
Views: 92
Size: 260.6 KB
Description:

And not to push gas on any more of the innocent electron purists, here's a few snapshots of the Pilot RC Yak I maidened for a buddy and then proceeded to "stress test" for him. It's the 25%'r in the Chief Aircraft scheme with a DLE35ra and it is STUPID powerful and smooth. I'm seriously looking to unload a few planes in the near future for a big PRC plane soon.

Name: IMG-20120827-00891.jpg
Views: 76
Size: 161.0 KB
Description: Name: IMG-20120827-00890.jpg
Views: 80
Size: 146.1 KB
Description:

Name: IMG-20120827-00892.jpg
Views: 79
Size: 250.5 KB
Description: Name: IMG-20120827-00893.jpg
Views: 66