Aug 08, 2012, 04:54 PM
You brought two too many.
I forgot my phone today, PM me, I won't be on phone until 6
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2012, 05:23 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFloth
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted this yet..

Check out Daniel's Awesome 2012 PCFC Freestyle win:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wL2PrqOtOo

Nice job Daniel!

D-Man
Awesome flying! Congratulations Daniel!

Thanks for posting that one Dman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTim
Just finished up a "build" with my oldest nephew on his first real plane! Been banging the sim around for a while and decided he's more of a go-fast guy than a hucker so I helped him a score a cool new foamie pusher. Tomorrow's the big maiden so here's a few before pics, wish us luck!

Attachment 5068783 Attachment 5068784
Nice! Best of luck with the maiden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q
Maybe that's what the seller did

Thanks Victor, by the way, check your PM's and send me a list of all your FPV gear, I want to compare (and spend!)...
Nice videos Mark.

I will post a full list soon. I need to build my ground station but my HT-FPV ship is done and flying.
Aug 09, 2012, 02:28 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTim
Just finished up a "build" with my oldest nephew on his first real plane! Been banging the sim around for a while and decided he's more of a go-fast guy than a hucker so I helped him a score a cool new foamie pusher. Tomorrow's the big maiden so here's a few before pics, wish us luck!

Attachment 5068783 Attachment 5068784
Good luck to your nephew Tim! I'll bet you're his favorite uncle.

@Vitter: Did you buy Flops futaba receiver? I'll take it if not
@Flopgun: I'll take those Gen Aces. I sure don't need em but at that price you must really want to sell em. PM me if they're still available and I'll shoot you a PP

I've been pretty much out of it for over a week, trying to chase down a project at the lazy B. Sat down tonight and started putting together the Ultra so I would be ready to take on Flarpy at Huckfest and ran into a problem I need some FUTABA help with. I selected the "flying wing" configuration and connected aileron servos to chan 1 using a "Y". They operate properly but when I pull on the elevator the servos operate in reverse of each other. I figure the solution must be to put then on separate channels but I can't for the life of me figure out how to setup the radio to resolve the issue. ANY FUTABAITES OUT THERE WHO CAN LEND ME A CLUE?
Aug 09, 2012, 08:46 AM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitter

I will post a full list soon. I need to build my ground station but my HT-FPV ship is done and flying.
Now that's my kind of Quad Vitter!!!
I surly hope a GoPro is going on the front of that bad boy for Huckfest!!!

D-Man
Aug 09, 2012, 10:09 AM
You brought two too many.
Joe the Gens Ace are yours. I also have your speedo. Vitter and Joel snagged up the foob rxs.

What's up this weekend, the usual August Saturday 3D mob?
Aug 09, 2012, 10:18 AM
Got the Slickness
I am good for the afternoon on Saturday at MARC
Aug 09, 2012, 10:35 AM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitter
I'm right behind you Victor, my HT (Camo!) frame shipped yesterday and my 1.3ghz system should ship today!
Aug 09, 2012, 10:36 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael
I am good for the afternoon on Saturday at MARC
I'm good for Friday & Sat afternoon

AINT THEIR ANY FUTABA ACES AWAKE YET? I could use an assist.
Aug 09, 2012, 10:57 AM
Last night was good day for flying only 3 guys there lots of open air . I took my dog Osita I had her spade she needed to get out of her dog cage and stretch her legs.

Vitter tonight should be good day to bring your new quad out.

Cry you got your new plane ready to Maiden???
Aug 09, 2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY
I'm good for Friday & Sat afternoon

AINT THEIR ANY FUTABA ACES AWAKE YET? I could use an assist.
You don't use a Y. Set it up as delta mix/elevon mix. JR/Spectrum are really easy as they use the correct name and tell you what channel to plug them into! Futaba when you set up a new model you will be asked what wing type it is. Pick the one that is close to the "Delta" or "Elevon" mix. What ever its called. You plug one wing into the aileron port and the other into the elevator port. Reverse the plugs and also reverse the channel as needed to make them work properly.

Hope that helps,

Kody
Aug 09, 2012, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kody'd'punk
You don't use a Y. Set it up as delta mix/elevon mix. JR/Spectrum are really easy as they use the correct name and tell you what channel to plug them into! Futaba when you set up a new model you will be asked what wing type it is. Pick the one that is close to the "Delta" or "Elevon" mix. What ever its called. You plug one wing into the aileron port and the other into the elevator port. Reverse the plugs and also reverse the channel as needed to make them work properly.

Hope that helps,

Kody
Just looked. They call it "Flying Wing"!
Aug 09, 2012, 12:20 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kody'd'punk
Just looked. They call it "Flying Wing"!
Thanks Kody! I'll poke around in that direction.
Aug 09, 2012, 02:14 PM
Flarpy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY
Good luck to your nephew Tim! I'll bet you're his favorite uncle.

@Vitter: Did you buy Flops futaba receiver? I'll take it if not
@Flopgun: I'll take those Gen Aces. I sure don't need em but at that price you must really want to sell em. PM me if they're still available and I'll shoot you a PP

I've been pretty much out of it for over a week, trying to chase down a project at the lazy B. Sat down tonight and started putting together the Ultra so I would be ready to take on Flarpy at Huckfest and ran into a problem I need some FUTABA help with. I selected the "flying wing" configuration and connected aileron servos to chan 1 using a "Y". They operate properly but when I pull on the elevator the servos operate in reverse of each other. I figure the solution must be to put then on separate channels but I can't for the life of me figure out how to setup the radio to resolve the issue. ANY FUTABAITES OUT THERE WHO CAN LEND ME A CLUE?
Hey Joe!

I think I remember having a similar issue when I setup my funjet on my JR. I rectified it by reversing my left and right wing leads into my receiver, and the. Reversing the throws again in the TX setup.

Everything then worked great! FYI put some SERIOUS exp into the rates. I'm talking 80-90%. Trust me.
Aug 09, 2012, 03:53 PM
RC Pilot / Photographer
Honest question for you WA state types... For those of you who have purchased items from Hobbyking's US warehouse. Are they charging you WA sales tax?
Aug 09, 2012, 04:31 PM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =-
Honest question for you WA state types... For those of you who have purchased items from Hobbyking's US warehouse. Are they charging you WA sales tax?
Negative.... No sales tax collected.
I assume that's because HK is a international company.

D-Man

Quick Reply