Sep 02, 2010, 01:36 PM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwchad View Post
Nice looking plane, but I have heard they aren't all that impressive in the air. Heavy, and doesn't 3D well at all. Having never flown one myself I can't verify this, but that is what I have heard.
subjective comments of course.
Heavy is in the eye of the beholder.
I prefer somewhat heavy to light as a kite.
a 3dhs perspective will be different from any other views.

And not all flying is 3D. Aerobatics is where the precision skills are, although I lack both necessary skill sets at this time.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
subjective comments of course.
Heavy is in the eye of the beholder.
I prefer somewhat heavy to light as a kite.
a 3dhs perspective will be different from any other views.

And not all flying is 3D. Aerobatics is where the precision skills are, although I lack both necessary skill sets at this time.

Like I said, never flown one myself. That is just what I have heard from others that have. I do think they look very nice though. If it is being sold locally and it is ready to fly then I'd take a test flight. That would solve it right there. Also, it is entirely possible that the planes I have heard the coments on may have had issues not related to the airframe at all. Just saying what I've heard. I recommend at least a handful of salt with my comments on it...........
Sep 02, 2010, 02:34 PM
You brought two too many.
I think they are a little heavier but not that much. When you start getting up in this size weight has less importance. I'd be more worried about any bad tendencies like dropping out of HAKE..... not saying it does....

Have a look at this thread ->

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=39797

The other thing though, buying a used airframe, if you don't like it you can likely sell it for same price as paid. So this thing works great for cry.
Sep 02, 2010, 02:35 PM
Go Hawks!
seems like she flys pretty decently
Model Airplane News Photo Shoot - Jason Benson's Aeroworks 50cc Extra 300LP QB (4 min 14 sec)

vitter, chet and Jon will recognize my new take off manouver at 2:41 in this video

lol
Sep 02, 2010, 02:36 PM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
I think they are a little heavier but not that much. When you start getting up in this size weight has less importance. I'd be more worried about any bad tendencies like dropping out of HAKE..... not saying it does....

Have a look at this thread ->

http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=39797

The other thing though, buying a used airframe, if you don't like it you can likely sell it for same price as paid. So this thing works great for cry.
I was just reading that FG thread as well as some others from different boards.
Sep 03, 2010, 12:09 AM
Quadrophenia
Hey guys,

Nice time flying today, eh? Good to see you all and your planes! Some highlights for me included watching Flop on the foam (and balsa), checking Chet on the 51" Slick (damn that plane looks good, nice job), watching some crazy fast dueling mini micro mustangs and if I remember correctly, I think I even saw JHolen on an Sbach (dude, mix low throttle to 2-3% down elevator and say goodbye to landing problems, put the mix on a switch if you like). Got some good power system tips from CryHavoc, thanks Chuck!

Tough luck on Vitter's gear, hope you get it back in order - looked like a pretty clean break but those punctures into the wings -- sucks man.

I botched up a landing and ruined a wheel pant on my new 330 SC, oh well. All my other landings were so sweet too! Guess that plane will fly pantless for now.

Amazing, with all those planes flying, no one had a Spektrum RF link problem - until it happens to me I'm gonna say for the record, I tend to think that most people who have had that problem fly their batteries too long on linear BECs. (the argument never goes away, just sleeps)

Always worth a trip over to the east side to hang with you guys, what a cool group.

eric
Last edited by egaus; Sep 03, 2010 at 12:23 AM.
Sep 03, 2010, 12:13 AM
Ride Blue
That was Chuck on the Sbach testing it out for me

Definitely fun getting the group together, think we were only missing Ledbed!
Sep 03, 2010, 12:36 AM
You brought two too many.
Yeah, what a blast. Another great day with the RCG gang.

We are on for the west Sound fly in at Kitsap Arcs club, Little Field, Port Orchard. Sunday, Sept. 12, mark your calendar. I will post directions later but it's very easy, you will be taking the West Seattle - Southworth Ferry and a short drive from there.

Here's a nice collection of movies of 3D at this field.

http://www.e-flightline.com/movie.htm
Sep 03, 2010, 12:50 AM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus View Post
Hey guys,

Nice time flying today, eh? Good to see you all and your planes! Some highlights for me included watching Flop on the foam (and balsa), checking Chet on the 51" Slick (damn that plane looks good, nice job), watching some crazy fast dueling mini micro mustangs and if I remember correctly, I think I even saw JHolen on an Sbach (dude, mix low throttle to 2-3% down elevator and say goodbye to landing problems, put the mix on a switch if you like). Got some good power system tips from CryHavoc, thanks Chuck!

Tough luck on Vitter's gear, hope you get it back in order - looked like a pretty clean break but those punctures into the wings -- sucks man.

I botched up a landing and ruined a wheel pant on my new 330 SC, oh well. All my other landings were so sweet too! Guess that plane will fly pantless for now.

Amazing, with all those planes flying, no one had a Spektrum RF link problem - until it happens to me I'm gonna say for the record, I tend to think that most people who have had that problem fly their batteries too long on linear BECs. (the argument never goes away, just sleeps)

Always worth a trip over to the east side to hang with you guys, what a cool group.

eric
Ooh, I didn't see that. Sorry to hear about that vit.
Sticker time over those holes or some covering patch.
I have an iron and heat gun if you need to use them.

Good to see you again eric.
Nice collection of planes.

Anytime you have questions on power setups, feel free to ask away.
Sep 03, 2010, 01:02 AM
Go Hawks!
Victor,

this should satiate your 50cc Yak needs no?
I've known Xwingnut for a few years.

Price is certainly right and I can pick it up for you down in Maple Valley!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1300294
Sep 03, 2010, 01:16 AM
Ride Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 View Post
Anytime you have questions on power setups, feel free to ask away.
Yeah, seriously - ask away. I must ask atleast 10 questions a day.
Sep 03, 2010, 06:05 AM
Ride Blue

September 12th - Fly-in at Kitsap (FlopGun's territory)

I've requested my time off at work.

Who is in? I figure if we leave around 11am or so..
Sep 03, 2010, 11:15 AM
Gas Monkey Vic

Sunday, Sept. 12, mark your calendar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun View Post
Yeah, what a blast. Another great day with the RCG gang.

We are on for the west Sound fly in at Kitsap Arcs club, Little Field, Port Orchard. Sunday, Sept. 12, mark your calendar. I will post directions later but it's very easy, you will be taking the West Seattle - Southworth Ferry and a short drive from there.

Here's a nice collection of movies of 3D at this field.

http://www.e-flightline.com/movie.htm
I'm in Sounds like a good time to me.
Sep 03, 2010, 02:39 PM
Got the Slickness
Great to have all of us at the field last night! I enjoy watching everyone fly and talk as much as flying.

Flopgun, I am sorry, but I dont think I will be available due to a vacation to the Oregon Coast on that day.
Sep 03, 2010, 05:12 PM
I'm in.
Steve

Quick Reply