Aug 21, 2011, 11:02 AM
Watts is where its at!
Looks like it was good day. The weather around here (in the summer) is just perfect for R/C.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2011, 12:21 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
Good to finally meet all of you down at the NCC today!

...And for those who didn't make the NCC today, here is 35 seconds of LQ video showing SupaTim coming in low and slow and then posing for a picture...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=762zAq2RcL4
The picture:
Last edited by MCSGUY; Aug 21, 2011 at 12:27 PM.
Aug 21, 2011, 12:31 PM
Got the Slickness
Nice pics and video from the day yesterday guys. They sure make things more memorable.

Sorry I could not make it.
Aug 21, 2011, 03:42 PM
Got the Slickness

8s Electric Converted Slipstream MXS for sale

Check out the selling thread

Also selling a Scorpion motor and some digital servos.
Aug 21, 2011, 07:24 PM
I couldn't have you guys come all the way down and not put on a show!!! Seriously was awesome and definitely looking forward to more!
Aug 21, 2011, 08:17 PM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
One More
Aug 21, 2011, 10:08 PM
Got the Slickness
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
One More
Lookin good Sam!
Aug 22, 2011, 12:05 AM
Well then, a taste it shall be
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
Lookin good Sam!
Like a boss.
Aug 22, 2011, 02:15 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitesam View Post
Like a boss.
More like Carrot Top
Aug 22, 2011, 02:20 AM
aka JetMan Joe
(Sorry Sam, I couldn't resist)
Aug 22, 2011, 04:07 AM
Training to be a cage fighter.
What's the word on any new changes to the 3DHS lineup? I've heard rumors that they are making design changes to a few of them. I've been lazy and only looked a little bit.
I'm hoping to see better landing gear for the 48" Edge. I am also itching to see if they've done anything with the 51" Slick, I really want to replace it as soon as the new batch becomes available.
Aug 22, 2011, 04:23 AM
Training to be a cage fighter.
I was goofing around on the interweb, and found some pictures of the full-scale Slick 540.

Lookey-look:

Notice it doesn't have any air-vent wiener thingy-thing sticking out of the cowl.

But for some reason the new 104" and 59" Slicks do.

WHahuh?

I thought about it and figured out the possible inspiration for this funky feature:

From the EDGE 540!

Also, I think from a little inspiration from playing Super Mario Bros. 2

Also, i found a somewhat-cool video of a full-scale Extra 300 doing a knife edge spin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3XMZ6WDhfg
Last edited by bicyclechris; Aug 22, 2011 at 04:34 AM.
Aug 22, 2011, 12:00 PM
You brought two too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
The Marymoor NW 3D flyers made a strong showing at the No Club Club Tim Invitational fly in today. Thank you Tim for your hospitality and some real fine flying. Especially unique was his helicopter style landing. For you that have never seen one the object is to hover down until your tail touches the pavement then roll along the bottom of the tail until the wheels have "landed". Pretty cool Victor did a little of his own trademark tail dragging and picked up alittle grass in his wheels too (but not near as spectacularly as we hear the D-Man did).

It was definitely hot, I mean sweat in the eyes type of hot and we Marymoorers had to make some adjustments to land within street boundaries instead of a 150 ft wide field. But it was a good day that we finished up at Marymoor where I maidened my 8 cell Habu 32. That was exciting!
Looks like I missed out. That's a lot of 3D aircraft there. The No Club Club lol, great name.

Here's a couple shots from Lopez Island.

Who's going to the Apple Valley Wenatchee Huckfest?
Aug 22, 2011, 01:49 PM
Can't get better scenery there. Nice px's John.
Aug 22, 2011, 02:03 PM
Team Extreme!
Amazing pictures John! That is truely a beautiful place to fly!

We are still hopping to come to the huckfest, but can't promise anything. I just checked and it is going to be about $350 in gas alone!

Quick Reply