Aug 02, 2011, 06:06 PM
Team Extreme!
Nice looking plane Azhar! I really like the blue/red scheme on that thing!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2011, 12:08 AM
Well then, a taste it shall be
Will someone please explain the logic in this shipping procedure

7-25 - KERRVILLE Texas
7-25 - SAN ANTONIO Texas
7-26 - HOUSTON Texas
7-26 - MESQUITE Texas
7-31 - FREEPORT Illinois

Now the thing that I am extremly confused on is how my plane ended up in Freeport Illinois and why it has been delayed 3 days due to adverse weather conditions....
Aug 03, 2011, 12:33 AM
Go Hawks!
Because ups hasn't had a good chance to put a forklift to it and heavy ol bookmarks

Give them time to season that box up good.
Aug 03, 2011, 12:41 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38
Because ups hasn't had a good chance to put a forklift to it and heavy ol bookmarks

Give them time to season that box up good.
UPS -crushed- my first 48" Vyper. Replacement had some heavy divots on the top of the box. If the divots were on the other side, a wing would have been damaged.
Aug 03, 2011, 09:52 AM
Got the Slickness
Its time to have another look at the beginning of this video... "Special Delivery"

Special Delivery ! (5 min 46 sec)
Aug 03, 2011, 10:00 AM
Got the Slickness
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitesam
Will someone please explain the logic in this shipping procedure

7-25 - KERRVILLE Texas
7-25 - SAN ANTONIO Texas
7-26 - HOUSTON Texas
7-26 - MESQUITE Texas
7-31 - FREEPORT Illinois

Now the thing that I am extremly confused on is how my plane ended up in Freeport Illinois and why it has been delayed 3 days due to adverse weather conditions....
Sam, they are just "seasoning" the box for you, thats all
Aug 03, 2011, 11:37 AM
Go Hawks!
when you guys order your Kool Aid, where are you primarily ordering them from?
Aug 03, 2011, 02:18 PM
Got the Slickness

Castle creations email notice

Just received this notice a few days ago:

ICE HV 120 NOTICE
July 25, 2011

Hello all,

While Castle takes all controller failures seriously, many have felt that our response to the incidences of failures in our Phoenix Ice 120HV was taking too long. We didn't make any official statements as we couldn't identify any particular pattern or cause for the failures. Our Repair Dept. keeps track of our returns - for any reason -- and the returns of the 120HV were actually very low; less than 3%. We generally see more than that rate of return just from crash damage unrelated to the controllers. Given that we've produced more than 10,000 of these controllers, a low percentage of failure still results in a lot of upset customers.

We've recently determined that some, again some, setups stress particular components in a way that causes the controllers to fail instantly. The failure mode allows a complete short circuit to occur. Our controllers are designed to carry high currents with as little resistance as possible. This is advantageous when the controllers are operating properly, but this leads to extreme currents and heat when the controllers fail. As the ICE controllers are encapsulated in metal heatsinks, this heat is further concentrated such that physical injuries or property damage may occur.

Our engineers have tested a hardware modification that greatly reduces the risk of this particular failure. We do not recommend using Phoenix Ice 12HV controllers until they have been modified to this new standard.

Please return any 120HV controllers that you may have for one that has this modification. There will be no charge for this exchange.

Please advise anyone using a 120HV controller of this notice.

REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE

Click this link and follow the directions to process your return.

North American customers please ship to Castle in Kansas via a traceable delivery service:

CASTLE CREATIONS, INC
120HV SERVICE / Service Department
540 N.ROGERS RD.
OLATHE, KS 66062

European customers may return their controllers via a traceable delivery service to our new European repair center:

CASTLE CREATIONS EUROPE BVBA

120HV SERVICE
GEELSEWEG 80
2250 OLEN
BELGIUM

Please be sure to include a copy of the order confirmation in your package.
NOTE: For purposes of fast turnaround, you will be sent another Phoenix Ice HV 120 controller. Remove all connectors, etc. from your ESC before shipping as they will not be returned with your replacement controller.
Our Technical Support and Repair staff do not have any additional information, calling them will only lead to additional frustration for all involved. We will advise you via email of the expected shipment date for your return.
We apologize for any problems this matter may have caused, and we hope that our candor and willingness to repair these controllers will help maintain your trust in our products and service.

Thanks,

Team Castle
Aug 03, 2011, 03:54 PM
Quadrophenia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38
when you guys order your Kool Aid, where are you primarily ordering them from?
The Kool Aid factory, and sometimes Rob @ ADCHobby.

e
Aug 03, 2011, 04:08 PM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus
The Kool Aid factory, and sometimes Rob @ ADCHobby.

e
just wondered if most get them from ADC since they are closer and less chance for the United Parcel Smashers...or if ADC ships via other methods.

I remember ordering from ADC once. quicker shipping and less of the road to travel...fewer hubs/stops along the way
Aug 03, 2011, 05:48 PM
Quadrophenia
Yep. Just depends what is in stock and where and how bad you want it fast.
Aug 05, 2011, 11:28 PM
Quadrophenia
You guys flying this weekend? What's up?

e
Aug 06, 2011, 12:25 AM
Gas Monkey Vic

Slipstream Yak 55M

Maiden the Slipstream Yak 55M today

Wile some call her a Yuk 55M and she might be on the f-ugly side she sure flies nice

Uno and Sam took her out for a joy ride and they both liked it. Uno even likes how f-ugly she is

I'm stating to think she's so f-ugly she's cute It's a good thing she flies so nice.

BTW you can't type "*ugly"
Aug 06, 2011, 01:42 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Aw man! If I knew you were going to let everybody fly Azhar's plane I would have hung around after I crashed my Vyper
Aug 06, 2011, 02:14 AM
Closed Account
Is that a Slipstream brand aircraft?
Last edited by eagle777; Aug 06, 2011 at 02:28 AM.

Quick Reply