Jun 18, 2019, 01:38 PM
Watts is where its at!
Me and flying are not getting along this summer. I had the motor in the 74" Slick die in a hover, resulting in a nose first lawn dart. The cowel and canopy got smashed, the internals are smashed, the motor has some roughness at bottom dead center. I think this was entirely my fault, the low needle must have been set too lean. I think I'm going to stick to electrons for a while!

Looking at Tim's site he is sold out of nearly everything! (which means business is great, go NorthwestRC!)

Maybe it's time to get a wing and go racing!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2019, 05:05 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxky
I got one! Going to do a little LOS before I strap on the goggles though.

Joe
Jun 19, 2019, 11:32 AM
Gone 2 Drone Darkside! FPV FAA
Quote:
Anytime you want to grab the sticks of mine for a test fly it’s yours. ;-)

Entirely different RC experience & hand eye coordination exercise to fly FPV thru gates at 70plus mph while fighting off other wings
& compensating for a cross wind.

The group vibe reminds me of the hay-day of our 3d days at MARC lots of smiles laughter everyone willing to offer knowledge, help, trash talk & spare parts if needed. Great group of guys demographic seems to be 35-65 who are competitive and like to go fast!

If you feel the need for speed come join “Seattle Fixed Wing FPV “ for a day of racing & trash talking. https://www.facebook.com/groups/seat...fpv/?ref=share
Jun 19, 2019, 02:41 PM
BlackTim
Quote:
Me and flying are not getting along this summer. I had the motor in the 74" Slick die in a hover, resulting in a nose first lawn dart. The cowel and canopy got smashed, the internals are smashed, the motor has some roughness at bottom dead center. I think this was entirely my fault, the low needle must have been set too lean. I think I'm going to stick to electrons for a while!

Looking at Tim's site he is sold out of nearly everything! (which means business is great, go NorthwestRC!)

G-Man sorry for your troubles, but if you have any fuel burners you want to part with, I always have room. Lol
Jun 21, 2019, 05:03 PM
Gone 2 Drone Darkside! FPV FAA
Seattle Fixed Wing FPV...It's full on legit!
Name: 5698BE78-2E92-4E03-BF31-3D4153CCFCEB.png
Views: 9
Size: 1.63 MB
Description:

https://streamable.com/glo3q?fbclid=...ownFeqL7VGZm-E
Last edited by WhirLee; Jun 21, 2019 at 05:09 PM.
Jul 05, 2019, 01:20 PM
Hi everyone. Slowly getting out of the hobby it seems so am letting go of a couple of airframes for sale locally. Heres what I have if interested

60" AJ Laser, Motrolfly 4315 480, Savox 1250 SV's, 85 amp Gecko ESC, Falcon wood prop, all hardware brand new, perfect condition, may have been flown 3-4 times, no receiver, PM me for price, it'll be a good deal.
AJ Laser is sold

2nd airframe

48" PP skinned Skywing Laser
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...48-laser260-PP
Nice little fun plane, has a custom wound 4s 2615-830 motor, worked with Ken to get the most out of this motor, it is at its power limits so have to stick with the 13x6 prop on it, has a 65 amp gecko esc, Savox 0255's, and 0257's on it, no receiver, all brand new, built for power, once again, pristine shape, only flown about 3-4 times. I did take the pilot out to eliminate weight. 225.00 for this one. Ready to fly minus receiver. Heres some pictures, if interested I will meet with you in Factoria or down near the Renton Landing.
Last edited by stevelmaa; Jul 12, 2019 at 11:34 PM.
Jul 07, 2019, 01:17 PM
Something dangerous to do!
Steve's builds are impeccable! If I didn't already have a house full of airplanes he built I would buy these, :-)

Happy to recommend him if anyone wants to pm me.
Jul 07, 2019, 06:03 PM
Thanks so much for that.

Quick Reply