Thread Tools
Jun 18, 2010, 07:27 PM
Registered User
We'll be going to 60 acres Chuck. My Dad , and I, are looking forward to seeing the 50cc. We'll probably be there around 10 or so. What time do you plan on coming out?
Steve
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2010, 07:28 PM
12th Man
cryhavoc38's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa
We'll be going to 60 acres Chuck. My Dad , and I, are looking forward to seeing the 50cc. We'll probably be there around 10 or so. What time do you plan on coming out?
Steve
can't say an exact time, but I'll try early versus late morning.
Jun 19, 2010, 12:53 AM
12th Man
cryhavoc38's Avatar
Nice afternoon/evening for some flying with the fella's.

The 50cc experienced a speed controller failure while Vitter was flying it. He had to dead stick it and made a great landing.

A 15lb plane gets heavy when ya have to carry it for 100 yards.
Jun 19, 2010, 02:39 AM
Ride Blue
jholen's Avatar
Would have tried coming down tonight if I'd have known you all were going to 60 acres! You all have each other's cells phones? If so, let me know and give me a ring or text.

I think I might have to try and make it out there tomorrow morning.. no batteries charged though, and got two father's day events this weekend. We'll see.

Nice looking MX2!
Last edited by jholen; Jun 19, 2010 at 03:12 AM.
Jun 19, 2010, 01:49 PM
All electric, all the time!
QuietRCFly's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jholen
Quiet RC Flying, website located out of Bellevue, that is closing is selling a bunch of their inventory. Bought some misc parts from him, and met him in Bellevue today. He said he has a unboxed 3DHS 57" Extra - not advertised on his website as he has no box to ship it, for sale. I asked him how much - he mentioned $220. Figured if anyone would be interested. Sounds like a good deal - 3DHS has it listed at $269.99

Also has these on his website:

http://www.quietrcflying.com/Product...-CAP232-25-R07

and

http://www.quietrcflying.com/Product...HP-SU31-25-B07

Any of these worth snatching up real quick and saving till I'm ready for balsa? Though, I am still remembering 3DHS is coming out with their $99 buck huck.
I would reiterate the statement above that these are decent, but you would want to strengthen the landing gear area. Maybe with gorilla glue like 3DHS recommends.

For anyone local who is interestested, we do have one 57" 3DHS Extra 330 SC that I would sell locally for $220 plus tax to anyone interested. You can pick it up in Bellevue.

We still have lots of inventory and everything is at least 25% off.

I hopefully will have more time to fly now and will probably fly mostly at Marymoor, but would like to try the 60 acres site while available and/or the new site in Kirkland that they were talking about.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
Jun 19, 2010, 02:01 PM
12th Man
cryhavoc38's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietRCFly
I would reiterate the statement above that these are decent, but you would want to strengthen the landing gear area. Maybe with gorilla glue like 3DHS recommends.

For anyone local who is interestested, we do have one 57" 3DHS Extra 330 SC that I would sell locally for $220 plus tax to anyone interested. You can pick it up in Bellevue.

We still have lots of inventory and everything is at least 25% off.

I hopefully will have more time to fly now and will probably fly mostly at Marymoor, but would like to try the 60 acres site while available and/or the new site in Kirkland that they were talking about.

Chris

Quiet RC Flying
www.quietrcflying.com
love to have you come out to 60 acres and perhaps marymoor to do some flying Chris.

Pm sent on some hyperion mini digitals, OH and what color is the 330sc?
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jun 19, 2010 at 02:14 PM.
Jun 20, 2010, 12:36 AM
Ride Blue
jholen's Avatar
Yeah thanks again Chris for the carbon push rods!
Jun 24, 2010, 10:50 AM
Registered User
Hey everyone, it looks like we may have some nice weather on saturday, anyone want to meet at marymoor?
Jun 27, 2010, 02:17 AM
Sleep, Fly, Eat, Fly, Build
viperjody's Avatar
Hey local WA flyers... In case any of you are looking for a new plane or 22....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1266453
Jul 01, 2010, 01:14 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Vitter's Avatar
Hey guys

Chuck and I got published check it out here

When are we all getting together again? I will be at Marymoor this Friday from about 1:00pm till dusk.

vitter
Jul 02, 2010, 02:40 PM
Quadrophenia
egaus's Avatar
Been hitting up Marymoor lately on Thurs. & Sat. I'll be there 7/3 (tomorrow) afternoon flying a new 65" Vyper. Still getting used to it. Anyone else be there?

eric
Jul 02, 2010, 02:53 PM
Registered User
I wish I could show up but this weekend is packed for me... next weekend I will be there all day saturday.... I am really looking forward to another get together

Eli
Jul 02, 2010, 09:10 PM
Registered User
I'll shoot for next Saturday also. Maidened my 68" Velox at Marymoor today. Motor was running a little hot so I only took it up a couple of times for short periods. Wonderful flyer and will hopefully have it in good running order by next Saturday. Got to say hello to Vitter and Chet for a short time before I had to leave due to scheduling. Thanks Vitter for the help. Seems the timing needed to be changed and a few other things that will help keep the temps down.
Steve
Jul 02, 2010, 09:37 PM
Ride Blue
jholen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaus
Been hitting up Marymoor lately on Thurs. & Sat. I'll be there 7/3 (tomorrow) afternoon flying a new 65" Vyper. Still getting used to it. Anyone else be there?

eric
Nice! So you pulled the trigger on the big Vyper!
Jul 02, 2010, 09:38 PM
Ride Blue
jholen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa
I'll shoot for next Saturday also. Maidened my 68" Velox at Marymoor today. Motor was running a little hot so I only took it up a couple of times for short periods. Wonderful flyer and will hopefully have it in good running order by next Saturday. Got to say hello to Vitter and Chet for a short time before I had to leave due to scheduling. Thanks Vitter for the help. Seems the timing needed to be changed and a few other things that will help keep the temps down.
Steve
Congrats Steve on the new plane!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 3DHS Aspera - p/u only, Seattle or Portland Earthbound Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 1 Feb 26, 2009 07:16 PM
Cool seattle area pilots b36roxs Slope 0 Jul 26, 2008 12:32 PM
A Few Wood Built-up 3D Planes in the Seattle Area xwingnut Non R/C Items (FS/W) 4 Jan 07, 2008 07:12 PM
Sold Parkzone Typhoon 3D (Seattle area only) price reduced to $100 corsha99 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Feb 04, 2007 11:44 AM
Seattle Area Pilots, lets fly this weekend Todd Long Electric Plane Talk 9 Sep 08, 2001 03:40 AM