Dec 27, 2013, 10:20 PM
Fly outside the box!
Thanks everyone for a great year of flying! Here is a video I made of the past year of flying with both my R/C and full scale videos in it. I hope you guys enjoy it and I look forward to another great year with you guys.
Flying Year In Review 2013 (4 min 10 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 28, 2013, 02:50 AM
lost in the addiction of flyin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdsweet
Thanks everyone for a great year of flying! Here is a video I made of the past year of flying with both my R/C and full scale videos in it. I hope you guys enjoy it and I look forward to another great year with you guys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOT4QMKI2UQ

well I for one liked it, thats one full full year of memories. Alot of people that would be a lifetimes worth of stuff, keep exploring and having fun as much as you can. Always document it like you have, nice work.
Dec 28, 2013, 09:51 AM
Goes to eleven!
That was a fun video - what a great place we live in!!
Great job!

Joe
Dec 28, 2013, 11:28 AM
Nice Zack The Seahawks house in lights was off the cuff filming from you new quad was rad way to go.

Have a (HAPPY NEW YEAR) .
Dec 28, 2013, 11:56 AM
KG7TTQ - Hauser, ID
Quote:
Thanks everyone for a great year of flying! Here is a video I made of the past year of flying with both my R/C and full scale videos in it. I hope you guys enjoy it and I look forward to another great year with you guys.

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing, that's one of the coolest videos I've seen this past year!

Cheers and Happy New Year!
Mark
Dec 28, 2013, 12:04 PM
Got the Slickness
Thanks for your efforts on the video Zack - great job!

It put a smile on my face and I will watch it multiple times.
Dec 28, 2013, 12:29 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Quote:
Thanks everyone for a great year of flying! Here is a video I made of the past year of flying with both my R/C and full scale videos in it. I hope you guys enjoy it and I look forward to another great year with you guys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOT4QMKI2UQ
That's a finely crafted and entertaining video, your a very talented fellow Zack
Dec 28, 2013, 04:02 PM
Gone 2 Drone Darkside! FPV FAA
Well done Zach, great video!
Dec 28, 2013, 05:31 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Quote:
Good stuff! I enjoyed that one
Dec 28, 2013, 07:51 PM
aka ECAA3D
Nice video. Makes me jones for scale flying.

Headed up to Orting for a little indoor.
Dec 29, 2013, 02:36 AM
Flarpy
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Daniel I bought the 350qx today at my local hobby shop. What a riot!
That thing crazy powerful!

DMan, how is that ebay gimbal working out?
Dec 29, 2013, 08:20 AM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarpy
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Daniel I bought the 350qx today at my local hobby shop. What a riot!
That thing crazy powerful!

DMan, how is that ebay gimbal working out?
Flarpy
350qx + Cheap Ebay Gimbal = quad nirvana!!

Great overall 350qx info here

Gimbal install specific info here

Gimbal I'm using

Happy 350 QXing!!!
D-Man
Dec 30, 2013, 01:27 AM
TEAM EXTREME!
Thank you for the info D-man. I will probably end up getting one of those gimbals for my 350QX. Do you have a picture of how you mounted it? Did you have to extend the landing gear, or was there enough room under there? Also, how did you connect the pitch so that you could adjust it from your TX?
Thanks again!
Dec 30, 2013, 02:07 AM
Fly outside the box!
Thanks everyone for the compliments on the video, I had fun making it! I sorted through about 5 hours of video to make it.

D-Man, those gimbals do look nice and you did a great set up, but I am going to wait a few more months to see if there will be another sold that will match the 350QX mounting pattern. The demand for it is high, I'm sure it will be offered soon enough without having to tear apart the quad to retro-fit it.

Kinda far out...but who's planning on flying indoors at the NWMHE? I plan to come down from college for the whole weekend. I just got an MCPX BL to fly as well so I hope to fly it a lot and the new layout looks bigger with an added 30 feet in length than last year.

Last edited by zdsweet; Dec 30, 2013 at 02:28 AM.
Dec 30, 2013, 08:39 AM
Go Fly Yourself...!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph
Thank you for the info D-man. I will probably end up getting one of those gimbals for my 350QX. Do you have a picture of how you mounted it? Did you have to extend the landing gear, or was there enough room under there? Also, how did you connect the pitch so that you could adjust it from your TX?
Thanks again!
Greetings Daniel..

Yes I bought the extended landing gear.... absolutely needed if you're mounting a gimbal.

Mounting:
Take a look at the second link above.... I flat mounted mine just like the first post. The gimbal and camera weight is too much for the stock camera position... needs to be moved more towards CG.

Pitch: Here's where it gets tricky...
Some have installed a second RX and used the pitch connections on the board to remotely adjust pitch (I understand a lower resolution rx is needed for this). Yet others say they were a able to push the button on the Gimbal board to reset the pitch position. Not trusting the software available or wanting to muck up how well the gimbal worked out of the box I simply removed the MUI board and remounted it with a wedge shaped peace of balsa to obtain a permanent 30-40 degree down.

Do your home work on this one and choose what works for you...

Good luck and have fun!!

Quote:
D-Man, those gimbals do look nice and you did a great set up, but I am going to wait a few more months to see if there will be another sold that will match the 350QX mounting pattern. The demand for it is high, I'm sure it will be offered soon enough without having to tear apart the quad to retro-fit it.
You are so right... it is truly a waiting game when it comes to specific advancements for quads. I opted out of building a quad to wait for something like the 350QX to come out and glad I did. It will be very interesting to see if and what Horizon does release in regards to the 350 QX gimbal. Or maybe, just maybe they will release a 450QX in the next 1/2 year. That size would ultimately be better for the extra weight of a gimbal. One has to pick their pain point while waiting for the next best thing these days.. :-)
Last edited by xxD-Manxx; Dec 30, 2013 at 08:44 AM.

Quick Reply