Seattle/Renton/Bellevue/Kent Area 3DHS or just 3D Pilots - Page 10 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 05, 2010, 01:57 AM
You brought two too many.
Viper, are you sure that will be huge? From the web site it looks like kind of a invitational for the flaming g club?

Jholen, 4 pm is going to be a bit late for me, by that time I'll be in more of this kind of mood.....

Kelly's Heroes Oddball Takes a Rest (0 min 44 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2010, 03:46 AM
Ride Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun
Viper, are you sure that will be huge? From the web site it looks like kind of a invitational for the flaming g club?

Jholen, 4 pm is going to be a bit late for me, by that time I'll be in more of this kind of mood.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5cL-h3Pj1o
930-10am sound better?
Jun 08, 2010, 05:26 PM
Gas Monkey Vic

Marymoor

Hey guys

A group of us from NWEF.org have been flying at Marymoor week days after work from about 6:00pm to dark. So far in 5 trips out to Marymoor I am the only 3D guy Lets rally the 3D troops! Weather looks bad this week but Saturday is looking good.

Who is coming with me?

vitter
Jun 08, 2010, 05:30 PM
Wish I could but am tied up this weekend with the wife's birthday party. Hope to try it out the following weekend though.
Steve
Jun 08, 2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitter
Hey guys

A group of us from NWEF.org have been flying at Marymoor week days after work from about 6:00pm to dark. So far in 5 trips out to Marymoor I am the only 3D guy Lets rally the 3D troops! Weather looks bad this week but Saturday is looking good.

Who is coming with me?

vitter
I should be able to make it!
Jun 08, 2010, 08:48 PM
Ride Blue
Just got my planes in today - other parts should be coming tomorrow or friday - hopefully should have atleast one ready to go. What time Saturday you thinking of heading out there? I was there last Saturday but no 3d people showed up (not that I had anything to fly) - just big gassers and other people flying 40 sized trainers.
Jun 11, 2010, 09:44 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
A group of us will be there tomorrow around 10am till dusk

vitter
Last edited by Vitter; Jun 11, 2010 at 09:53 PM.
Jun 12, 2010, 02:40 AM
Go Hawks!
I'll be there. Just finished the 51" slick and the 3dhs edge 540.
Charged up a ton of packs and should be there before noon.

I'm also going to bring the marymoor rc club application and a check to join up if there is a club officer around.

Looking forward to flying something as its been a couple weeks since I last flew.

Vit, who's all coming?
Jun 12, 2010, 03:53 AM
Ride Blue
Would like to come, but won't make it - gotta get some sleep and already told the wife I'd take her out tonight.

What about next week? We gonna make it this a regular weekly fly-in? Should have my larger Yak built by next weekend.
Jun 13, 2010, 02:54 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Yesterday at Marymoor

We need to plan the next one.
vitter
Jun 13, 2010, 06:49 PM
Go Hawks!
and a few more from yesterday at Marymoor
Last edited by cryhavoc38; Jun 13, 2010 at 07:06 PM.
Jun 13, 2010, 09:52 PM
Hey Ledbed,
the cedar park is actually ROn Regis park and I fly there often when avail. As far as Lake Sawyer Hawks field, I also belong there and most of the time I am the only one flying. 3D is great here because it's on top of a land fill and everything slopes down around the runway so you can 3D lower than your eye site which is unique. I have 3D foams and EDF jets which fly great there. However there is no gas motors at this time. I am currently looking at the 3D hobbies line up to get into a bigger plane. Are you familiar with the Vyper 46" or Slick 42". Watched a slick 70 this weekend and was in love but a bit big for my first wood 3D plane I think. Any suggestions will help. The reason I am looking at 3DHS is the pilot was really snapping this thing around in tumbles and it looks really good quality which I will need to perform that type of 3D.
Jun 13, 2010, 10:00 PM
Ok yesterday at Marymoore The guy with the 70" Redbull Slick helped me with some 3D with my flatfoam but I cant remember his name. Terrible with names. We talked about 3DHS planes so I have decided on either the 46" vyper or 42" slick. Can I get all your input on which would be better plane or are they pretty equal? My flying style will be aggressive 3D. Also would the combo kits be all I need or would I eventually need to upgrade the power system? All input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Seth

Edit: So I found the pic of the redbull slick so That's Vitter's plane Thanks bro for the help satday.
Last edited by sethmattox; Jun 13, 2010 at 10:15 PM.
Jun 13, 2010, 10:24 PM
You brought two too many.
Wow, that looks like a lot of fun and a lot of planes, man I missed out.... I'll be back for the next one.
Jun 13, 2010, 10:32 PM
Same here.
Steve