New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2010, 07:48 AM
Find More Posts by bsfixit
yes I am in the US. Great tip on taping the SD card in ..will do !
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2010, 08:44 PM
Find More Posts by captain stowed
One More Chuck
I swear it wasn't me...

http://www.smh.com.au/national/hidde...0331-rc5r.html
Old Mar 31, 2010, 04:02 AM
Find More Posts by gouch
de-registered abuser
After reading that, I better order one before they ban the import of them or make them illegal. The way this place is going lately it wouldn't surprise me
Old Mar 31, 2010, 04:45 AM
Find More Posts by RoGuE_StreaK
Caution: Noob in training
Should band together and get them to make new cases in a bright colour with something like "this is a video recording device" branded across it, so we can't be seen as trying to be doing something sneaky. We just want a small, light, good quality stand-alone system, not something for "spying", just something to legitimately record with without breaking the bank. I don't care what the hell it looks like, in fact I'm probably going to be stripping mine and making a new case, or series of cases, to incorporate a wide-angle lense and maybe go waterproof (I've already made a waterproof helmet-cam casing for surfing, hopefully will get some footage this weekend)
Old Apr 03, 2010, 08:28 AM
Find More Posts by annarelli
Grampa Tony
After far too many hours trying to figure out how to set the time, this is what I came up with:

Connect the camera to your PC with a USB cable. You can do most of this if you can plug the card into your PC or some sort of card reader if you like.

Create a file named tag.txt in the root of the SC card

File contents should be in the format of (Note the date format is YYYY.MM.DD):

[date]
08:22:00

Disconnect the keychain camera. Power the keychain off. Power it back on again. Take a video - the time should be correct. Note that the tag.txt file has been deleted.
Last edited by annarelli; Apr 13, 2010 at 07:59 PM.
Old Apr 03, 2010, 11:37 AM
That is the method that works for me as well annarelli. I have been waiting for mild winds so I can take some video from a plane...
Old Apr 03, 2010, 06:43 PM
Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Thanks Annarelli. I tried a few different methods now finally something has worked!! You should try removing the date/time stamp using Virtual Dub & the Timestamp filter. Works well for me.

Virtual Dub - http://www.virtualdub.org/
Timestamp Filter - http://home.people.net.au/~aircommand/md80clone.htm
Old Apr 03, 2010, 08:47 PM
Find More Posts by junglegym
3 Strykers,your out !

Keychain cam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsfixit View Post
That is the method that works for me as well annarelli. I have been waiting for mild winds so I can take some video from a plane...
You won't be disappointed.Quality is great However you loose a bundle uploading it to YT unfortunately

Blizzard run MPX (1 min 31 sec)

Blizzard, Multiplex wing cam (1 min 50 sec)
Old Apr 03, 2010, 11:16 PM
nice.. I get some RF noise from the outrunner on my video as well.. not as bad as your first video. I wonder if foil around the camera would block some brushless RF noise...
Old Apr 04, 2010, 02:53 AM
Find More Posts by captain stowed
One More Chuck
That's not RF noise, it's just what props look like through a CMOS camera. Something to do with the fact that not all of the frame is recorded at the same time.

m.
Old Apr 04, 2010, 08:31 AM
really? I thought my camera was far away from the prop on my left wing.. and the short video I took so far shows the lines on the left of the screen...
Old Apr 08, 2010, 06:53 PM
Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Finally got the date to change in my cam! took a few goes to get it to take. Does anyone know if its been removed altogether? IE someone written a patch or something to remove the stamp..
Old Apr 08, 2010, 08:23 PM
Find More Posts by woodsy
Woodsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
Finally got the date to change in my cam! took a few goes to get it to take. Does anyone know if its been removed altogether? IE someone written a patch or something to remove the stamp..
Not that i can find so far
Old Apr 09, 2010, 01:05 AM
Find More Posts by Zootster
If you dont want to see the prop............................. face the camera backwards

PA Shocky2_0002.wmv (5 min 54 sec)
Old Apr 09, 2010, 06:47 PM
Find More Posts by flyonline
Twisted and Confused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootster View Post
If you dont want to see the prop.............................
......fly a slopey

Steve