to remove ads between posts
May 29, 2010, 10:37 PM
The loctite is drying. The Sandringham will have 4 props turning againg tomorrow. It goes a little straighter when all 4 are pulling. Flew fine on 3 but taxing back on the water was tough.
Rick
May 29, 2010, 10:38 PM
The Glue on the strut is drying, the Solent will be ready for tomorrow morning also.

Colin
May 29, 2010, 11:11 PM
My hangar is,... "almost" full
I'm back home, had a great time. Thanks Ron / Hal. I had a good time. I flew everything I brought, and took them all home in good condition. Pics of Saturdays Float Fly below. I'm sure better pics will follow.

Fred Guilfoyle
May 30, 2010, 12:20 AM
Pretty dreary day today, but I still think most had a moment or two of fun somewhere in it at least. Conditions this morning for the float fly were actually quite nice, and we had a good turnout of both people and aircraft. I heard there was flying at the field this afternoon as well but I opted for a nap instead, so I missed it.

Here's hoping tomorrow we see a bit of sun.

Luke
May 30, 2010, 12:22 AM
BEC
BEC
Tomorrow's forecast is for better than today, though not a completely dry day as was earlier forecast.

But, jackets (and airplanes) are drying out and I'll be out to give it a go tomorrow. Now, pore over the Eagle Tree/Phoenix ICE data from my big Switchback from this afternoon, then sleep....

And yes, Luke, there was flying at the field between the float fly and dinner....just not as much as one would normally expect on a Saturday of a meet in Ron's back yard.\

On the dinner photo - I see my grey beard is nicely hidden behind Sarah. That's OK with me...
Last edited by BEC; May 30, 2010 at 12:34 AM.
May 30, 2010, 01:32 AM
Bernard, your grey beard may be conveniently hidden, but my own lack of hair, grey or otherwise, is certainly evident!!! One doesn't often see oneself from that angle, and it can be quite a revelation That was a very enjoyable dinner, with great company. I'll be back Sunday morning, hoping for better weather; it would be great to have the BIMBOs see how nice it can be here, when the sun comes out.
Brad.
May 30, 2010, 08:39 AM
Loading the car for day two right now.
Rick
May 30, 2010, 12:36 PM
Love seeks nothing in return.

Such a friendly group

Survived my first two days with no crashes, though the gusty winds were a handful at times, teasing you with calm conditions for takeoff, and changing their minds when you try to land (I had one embarassing "okay, not landing, going around" moment when a gust blew my taxiing plane into the air 3 feet, and I had to declare "landing for real this time, right to left").

Fantastic people and incredible planes and amazing skills. Everyone was so willing to share their stories and experiences and memories. So glad I took the risk to come out to my first fly-in, and although I can't attend the "clearest" forecasted day on Sunday, I hope to return for the last day Monday.

Thanks Ron, and everyone from the "home field" crew for a great event.
May 30, 2010, 10:53 PM

More Postcards from Chilliwack

Lots of happy flyers today
Last edited by Hal Norrish; May 30, 2010 at 11:02 PM.
May 31, 2010, 02:43 AM
build like there is no 2moz
Looks like you guys had fun out there :-)

good to see so many ivan planes on the water, and in the skies

scott
May 31, 2010, 09:52 AM
Team Tracon!
Hi Gang,

Well, we made it home last night on the last ferry back to Gibsons around 10 PM.

We had a great time meeting and having the "Bimbos" stay with us. As usual, we also enjoyed spending time with the regulars as well as meeting new friends.

This has turned out to be the event of the year and for us Sunday's weather made it all good which has created memories that will last forever.

Once again thank you Ron and all the Chilliwack gang for being such great hosts.

We look forward to doing it all again next year.

We are already sitting at our computers processing and sorting all of Beverly's pictures from the weekend and hope to have them up on our website soon.

Thanks again,

Sam & Beverly
May 31, 2010, 10:39 AM
IAMCANADIAN
Thank you Ron and co. for hosting the event once again. Sunday's weather was perfect! Great as ever to see everyone and all their wonderfull models.

Quick Reply