Mar 01, 2010, 06:17 PM
Ron
Ron
Discussion

Chilliwack 2010

Hey guys...it's time to start thinking about Chilliwack again ( YAY )
this year it's all starting on May 28 ( officially) unofficially you can come earlier if you wish and camp here for a few days.
It ends on the following Monday...Yuppers there will be some float flying again, and we have visitors from Jolly old England scheduled to be here.
If you have stuff to sell, bring it along, and maybe you can find it a new home.
Saturday night will be supper for those who want to participate.

This year we will have a tropy/plaque for the best multi winged creation as well as the usual trophies, so dust off your bi-planes, sesquiplanes, triplanes etc.... Looking forward to seeing you all here again at my favourite event of the season.

Ron
PS...yes Glen, I have put up a reserved sign on your spot already
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2010, 07:53 PM
Hmmm, multi wing creations, I might have one or two I can bring! I'll try and make sure our guests from across the pond arrive safely! This has rapidly become my favourite weekend of the year.
Mar 29, 2010, 09:23 AM
CP140 NAVCOM
Well, since it looks like I have to burn off my leave before my nav course starts in October... sure why not! Dear lord Frank, I might even just have to salute a superior!

Trying to get an Aurora 9 so I can actually fly something, but we'll see...
Mar 29, 2010, 09:24 AM
If I can find one I'll point him out to you. See ya in May.
Mar 29, 2010, 12:39 PM
Team Tracon!
Hi All...

We'll be there too...

Ron, can ya wedge Frank & I back into the same spot as last year beside Ivan ???

See ya all there !

Sam & Beverly
Mar 29, 2010, 11:52 PM

Chilliwack 2010

I wonder if I will get this project finished by the Spring FlyIn ?
Mar 30, 2010, 11:10 PM
Ron
Ron
If you don't waste too much time on this forum, you MIGHT make it :-)
Apr 02, 2010, 01:19 AM
-Flight enthusiast_
I'm driving to Calgary to buy some balsa this weekend
Apr 02, 2010, 04:13 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
As one of the Jolly Old England fliers, can I just say how much I'm looking forward to it all? My Scooper still has one more test flight to do, then she's going in her box. The weather here is so bad it might be a while before that happens.

Can we bring anyone any tea, marmite, muffins...

Mike
Apr 02, 2010, 06:02 AM
And as the other one (English flyer that is), can I say that I'm looking forward to it too - mainly because of the wonderfully welcoming attitude that our unsuspecting hosts have shown to us.

Trevor
Apr 02, 2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopwith Mike
As one of the Jolly Old England fliers, can I just say how much I'm looking forward to it all? My Scooper still has one more test flight to do, then she's going in her box. The weather here is so bad it might be a while before that happens.

Can we bring anyone any tea, marmite, muffins...

Mike
The scooper looks great!

The weather here has been nothing to sing about either. Driving rain and 35kt winds this morning. Marmite? No, thank you. I was introduced that foulest of substances, along with its poor Aussie cousin Vegemite, when living in NZ. Why anyone would want to put soya sauce in paste form on bread and eat it is beyond me. Now where's my sauerkraut!?
Apr 02, 2010, 12:01 PM
Electric baptism 1975
What no Bovril?

Just grtting back from Blighty a week before so not sure if I will make it.
Apr 03, 2010, 12:41 AM
Ron
Ron
Frank..I'm not too partial to sour Krauts....they can stay home far as I'm concerned.........oops wrong kraut.
Apr 03, 2010, 07:51 AM
Team Tracon!
How about frankfurter's Ron ???

: )

Sam
Apr 08, 2010, 12:50 PM
Love seeks nothing in return.
Looking forward to being there for the first time. Will have my T-34 taildragger conversion with me, and if all goes well at the LHS, hopefully my new Toledo Special!

If we have our MAAC number, we're good to go?

Quick Reply