Decided On My First S/Sailplane - RC Groups
Feb 26, 2010, 07:17 AM
Discussion

Decided On My First S/Sailplane

Hi all,

I have decided on my first 'Scale' Sailplane, but i know its not one of the best..

I have decided on the FlyFly ASW28 It will also be my first fiberglass bird i have owned since i started flying 11 Years ago...

My main goal is it kit it out with a scale cockpit, for use with FPV

Im hoping to have it as a Slope & Winch Sailplane and also i think some sort of Self launching motor too...

I know ther has been models like this in the past, with a brushless motor placed the nose cone for self lauching, but i would also like to put in a tow release in the nose area...

I would like to know if there is a bolt on, bolt off motor pod for this that will sit behind the canopy on the CG line, tractor style with a folding prop? Or will i have to make my own some how?

Im not looking for a folding mech, just a bolt on one!

I Wish i could afford the DG800 series, but life is not as simple

Thanks for your help again!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2010, 07:45 AM
Slope addict User
Great a new member in the scale community.

You'll see it's easy to become addictive

For the pod have a look at this one Pod it come with the pod, the motor and the esc.

Thierry
Feb 26, 2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks, that looks good!

I would only require a 300w Version I guess?
Feb 26, 2010, 08:24 AM
Slope addict User
You can certainly find it in Europe directly.

Thierry
Feb 26, 2010, 09:39 AM
Registered Slopeaphile
Where are you chap? Only 60 miles from me
Actually the name rings a bell...aren't you from Trowbridge?
Feb 26, 2010, 01:30 PM
Warminster

Not far Off, I Used to fly at Westbury White Horse! You? I Could do with some flying friends, all my friends spend way to much time down the pubs i spend way to much time looking up :-)
Feb 26, 2010, 04:21 PM
Registered Slopeaphile
aha I used to live in Westbury and fly the white horse I now live near Stratford upon Avon, and fly all sorts of places. Still come back to the Horse for my maidens though - nothing beats that huuuuge top of the slope to make landings easy!
Feb 27, 2010, 05:47 PM
I Agree, i havent been there for a good year or too!

When did you move away? I might of flown with you a few times over the years!
Feb 28, 2010, 01:41 PM
Registered Slopeaphile
Moved away in.... '99! bloody hell, ages ago. Parents still live in Westbury, so tend to bring a sloper down with me when the winds are good
Last edited by awmeade; Feb 28, 2010 at 03:34 PM.

Quick Reply