Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Old Feb 26, 2010, 01:42 AM
Find More Posts by lolcoder
Discussion

Confused about setting endpoints - Something doesn't seem right?

CC ICE 100
Airplane Mode
Firmware: 3.21
Caste Link: 3.251
Fixed Endpoints
DX 7 Tx (Airplane setting - so no throttle curves to worry about)

I have followed the instructions - even watched the finless videos (granted his videos are for heli mode - but shouldn't setting endpoints be the same?)... I keep getting really weird endpoints when setting up for Fixed Endpoints.

My hi endpoint keeps arming around 74%
My low endpoint keeps arming around 57%

What is up with that? When watching the finless video - his endpoints are much closer to 100/100? What is up with my endpoints? Thats only like a resolution of 31 units?

This is my procedure:

Startup the castle link software & set all of the options: Airplane mode, Fixed Endpoints, 5.5 bec, etc...
Upload settings.
Unplug Adapter.
Set throttle endpoints on DX7 to 50% hi, 50% low.
Set throttle stick all the way up.
Plug in ESC to battery.
Verify I get 5 beeps (5s battery).
Start clicking up for the high endpoints.
Get musical tone around 74%.
Move throttle stick all the way low.
Start upping the low endpoints.
Get musical tone around 57%.

Verify that after the last musical tone, the ESC is indeed armed because if I move my throttle stick up the prop indeed spins.

Confused...
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2010, 11:26 AM
Find More Posts by Clintstone
Castle Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcoder View Post
CC ICE 100
Airplane Mode
Firmware: 3.21
Caste Link: 3.251
Fixed Endpoints
DX 7 Tx (Airplane setting - so no throttle curves to worry about)

I have followed the instructions - even watched the finless videos (granted his videos are for heli mode - but shouldn't setting endpoints be the same?)... I keep getting really weird endpoints when setting up for Fixed Endpoints.

My hi endpoint keeps arming around 74%
My low endpoint keeps arming around 57%

What is up with that? When watching the finless video - his endpoints are much closer to 100/100? What is up with my endpoints? Thats only like a resolution of 31 units?

This is my procedure:

Startup the castle link software & set all of the options: Airplane mode, Fixed Endpoints, 5.5 bec, etc...
Upload settings.
Unplug Adapter.
Set throttle endpoints on DX7 to 50% hi, 50% low.
Set throttle stick all the way up.
Plug in ESC to battery.
Verify I get 5 beeps (5s battery).
Start clicking up for the high endpoints.
Get musical tone around 74%.
Move throttle stick all the way low.
Start upping the low endpoints.
Get musical tone around 57%.

Verify that after the last musical tone, the ESC is indeed armed because if I move my throttle stick up the prop indeed spins.

Confused...
Where is your throttle trim? I set my endpoints either with throttle trim disabled or with it pulled to the bottom trim.

Please go to this link and read the PDFs https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1190885

Thanks

clint@castlecreations.com
Old Feb 26, 2010, 04:21 PM
Find More Posts by RS Rogers
These settings (with the trim centered) on a DX 7 are not unusual. Some of my DX 7 airplane set ups are around 58 for the low & 74 on the high on my ICE controllers.

Look at the "Throttle In" on your data log after a flight & you should see a min. of around 1.2 & a max (full throttle) of around 1.8. All will be good!

Steve
Old Feb 26, 2010, 04:52 PM
Find More Posts by lolcoder
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS Rogers View Post
These settings (with the trim centered) on a DX 7 are not unusual. Some of my DX 7 airplane set ups are around 58 for the low & 74 on the high on my ICE controllers.

Look at the "Throttle In" on your data log after a flight & you should see a min. of around 1.2 & a max (full throttle) of around 1.8. All will be good!

Steve

Yes - my throttle trim is centered & unused on E aircraft. Thanks for the verification!
Old Feb 28, 2010, 12:09 AM
Find More Posts by Gregor99
Revolectrix Ambassador
One my ICE ESCs was this way until I updated the firmware. Then the end points moved to 108 and 110.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 06:18 AM
Find More Posts by RS Rogers
Was this in heli or airplane vehicle type? The heli calibration will be a little deeper compaired to air.

Steve
Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:48 AM
Find More Posts by Gregor99
Revolectrix Ambassador
That was in heli mode. I setup a new ICE HV last night (different heli) and ended up with 78h/68L. The ESC came with 3.2 installed but I reflashed it anyway. That didn't change the end points.