May 24, 2003, 08:23 PM

Where exactly should the CG be on the GWS A10?

I have completed the Mods to my A10, I got rid of the Gear & Extra Servo + I switched to a GWS 7-Cell 730 Mah AAA Nimh Pack.
It looks like I am now kinda Light in the Nose (Tail Heavy) & am wondering If I need to add Lead to the Nose? Right now I am balancing In BACK if the bamboo spar, where should the CG be to work best?

-Thanks-

Mike
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2003, 09:41 PM

A-10 balance

Mrebman,
You'll probably get a lot of suggestions here, but mine seems to like to be right at the bamboo spar, not aft of it.I think there is no exact spot since the c/g may vary a little bit depending on cells/volts used, and weight.But it doesn't seem to be too c/g sensitive to me.
I've been grounded with mine since I put those EDF50HV motors in.It just would not fly on a 6 cell/600mah or the 2s etech's.
Allerc was nice enough to send me a 8 cell 800AAA pack, free, to try. Have to see if that works or back to the EDF50 stock motors.
Still love this plane, just need a little more power without spending a futune.
May 24, 2003, 10:06 PM
If it was a little nose-heavy before like most of them are, it should be perfect now.

John
May 25, 2003, 05:18 AM
A-4 nut!!
Mine seems to like being at the back of the cg range - just aft of the spar and even then it is slightly tail heavy, but I seem to be the only one with that problem.

Let us know how it goes!!
May 25, 2003, 08:09 AM
I taped a Quarter right underneath the tip of the nose & now seems to be about right, maybe still a little tail heavy. However, without the quarter I was like 1/4-1/2
behind the spar.

-Mike-

P.S. - definitely seems lighter now without the Gear & extra servo. Perfect day to fly today in Cincy but I spraigned my ankle yesterday pretty bad so probably can't go out today, RATS!
May 25, 2003, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by skyhawk
Mine seems to like being at the back of the cg range - just aft of the spar and even then it is slightly tail heavy, but I seem to be the only one with that problem.
Must be all that paint! LOL
May 25, 2003, 01:44 PM
On HV50's it wont fly on 8 cells either, you need at least 10 cells and they need to be light (no larger than AAA's), works well with 3 lipos, I use 3s1p etec 1200's and the 5 blade rotor. CG is pretty forgiving, I have flown it a little behind the spar, makes it a little twitchy but climbs and loops better. Right on the spar and calm air is good for maidens.
May 25, 2003, 03:01 PM

EDf50HV's

Thanks Dave,
I'm not even going to try it with the 8 cell 800nmh pack. Have to wait for new EDF50's.They were AAA's, but not nicads.