SlowBipe RC Trainer Airplane Customer Feedback - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by SlowBipe, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 25, 2010, 02:38 PM
Discussion

SlowBipe RC Trainer Airplane Customer Feedback

SlowBipe RC Trainer Airplane at www.SlowBipe.com

I am assembling unsolicited feedback that I received from customers who bought the SlowBipe while at the Northwest Hobby Expo in Monroe, WA, two weeks ago. These comments are unedited.

From John from somewhere in Washington State
Michael,
Thanks for your help on the phone today. I reversed the servo and the esc worked properly. I took the plane out and it flew great. The prop is a little fragile. It broke when I landed in the field the first time. It may of snagged a little branch? I replaced it with an APC 7x4 which is a little smaller and it flew great. The smaller prop is a little more rugged and I never had a problem the rest of the day. I am quite surprised at how long I can fly on a fully charged battery. I went for over an hour and the battery still has some life in it. I'm only flying at 1/2 trottle or less. The plane is super responsive on high rates. It's capable of some very tight loops. I prefer low rates and very slow flying. That is probably why the battery has lasted so long. I broke the bottom of one of the end panels when I landed and it did a little ground loop. I was back in the air in no time with the help of a little CA. Flying outdoors with a slight breeze is no problem. It is a very good plane.
John

From Wayne in Tacoma Washington
Hi, I pick-up one of your SlowBipe at the Northwest Hobby Model Epxo, on the weekend of Feb 12th-14th. Nice Kit, went together very well without any problem. Very well done.

From Kent somewhere in Washington State
I bought two of your SlowBipes at the Monroe show. Best flying trainer I have ever been involved with by far. Response, slow flight, easy to see, superb power, and excellent crash survivability all excellent. Job well done!,,Do you sell extra battery packs? They are sold out at HobbyKing.,,Thanks, Kent

This is a follow up email from Kent
This weekend I taught my friend from El Salvador how to fly the SlowBipe. It survived there pretty good crashes (including in a tree) without any major damage. Just a couple broken props.. :-) After 1 day he is flying on his own and doing a great job.
Last edited by SlowBipe; Feb 25, 2010 at 05:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2014, 03:51 PM
Now I have to land that thing?

MiniBipe Good

How to get started (restarted) in R/C.
I can attest to the value of the MiniBipe. Michael has worked out the design of a really really good trainer. Just as he states, most trainers are too fast and big. In April I ordered the Minibipe right from Michael's website. I then ordered up the components from HobbyKing because there was a problem reaching HeadsUp from the Slowbipe.com page. Since then I have been on the HeasUpRC.com site, i.e. I can reach it now.

I was restarting my interest in R/C. Instead of using my older Futaba PCM system from 20 years ago (or more) I bit the bullet and bought the Spektrum DX6i TX which definitely gives you growing room. It came with the AR6210 RX but I bought an Orange 4 ch RX ( (R400) for less than $10 from HK $7.17) for the MiniBipe. The AR62190 is overkill for this airplane, which I planned on keeping close to me while in-flight! I bought 4 Turnigy 500mah 3S 20C batteries at about $7 apiece and a battery charger for less than $20.

I invested in Great Planes Realflight version 7 to go with the TX - 109.98 on ebay, free shipping.

So, that's my starter package and I am very happy with it.
Assembly of the MiniBipe is aided by the good Youtube build video - to watch it and don't glue your control horns on backwards like I did. Quick fix, though- no worries.

From the first flight I was able to confidently fly the MiniBipe. With a light breeze i was almost able to hover the MB. But, when you open up the throttle you can enjoy sufficient speed, too. Three high school kids came by the park to play basketball but sat and watched me flying, instead. I have a feeling they might have gone off to check out the MB - I told them the info so they could google it later on. Hopefully, they don't come back and crowd me out of the park, now(!)
Cheers, Peter

As a footnote I am already bought ahead on three more planes that I hope to have flying, as well as the MB, in a week or two. One is a ducted fan (EDF) replicated from SNice here on rcgroups.com, one is the foamie racer from FliteTest, and the other is an add-your-RX-and-fly EPO racer (Dynam SBach 342). Will let you know how things turn out. I feel the simulator and the MB were absolutely crucial in getting me tuned up for the faster planes.