"Neon" - the 1m hand launch model you always wanted but could not get - Page 3 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 25, 2010, 08:10 PM
It's a mere flesh wound!
Oleg,
I don't believe that you'll have any trouble selling them. I have one of David Forbes 40" Sparrowhawks and every time I fly it, someone wants to buy it!
IT'S NOT FOR SALE!!!
I agree that as long as there is lift, the 40" DLGs will hang with the 60" DLGs.
They are only at a disadvantage in dead air...just as a 2 Meter plane won't hang with the Open class planes in dead air.

Buddy
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2010, 08:14 PM
Sent you an e-mail...sign me up.
Feb 25, 2010, 11:49 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Quote:
You holding out on us buddy???
Yes, I am getting enough requests from people here and a request from the factory to be the man. So I will have to be the official reseller of these nice models in the USA and Canada. I have no choice :-)

Meanwhile, not much progress on the build today. I had only enough time to ponder the possible radio installation layouts. I want to use a new Corona receiver in this model. It is rather long, with straight servo pins. A side pins receiver like an FMA M5v2 would give a lot more space for the servos and the battery... More tomorrow (maybe).

---
Feb 26, 2010, 12:25 AM
It's a mere flesh wound!
WOW!! 60 grams!!

That is really heavy radio gear for a 1 meter DLG!

Why not this:
Berg 4L receiver 5.2 gms.
(2) D-47 servos 9.4 gms.
400mah single cell Lipo 12 gms.

All 4 of the 40" Sparrowhawks that were flying down in San Felasco last Friday before the contest were using Berg 4L receivers, (4) D-47 servos and single cell lipo batteries with no problems. Even with 4 servos, the radio gear only weighed 36 gms.

BTW...we are not using switchjacks. We are just using a very short servo extention plugged into the receiver and are plugging the battery into that.

Buddy
Last edited by Buddy Roos; Feb 26, 2010 at 12:31 AM.
Feb 26, 2010, 02:25 AM
Windy City Flyer
I am in for one!! Let us know when they become available...

P.S. - Make that first shipment a big one!!

Brian
Feb 26, 2010, 03:48 AM
please be aware that neon is still in production. so it will take some time.

greets, Nik
nordthermik.de
Feb 26, 2010, 07:21 AM
build, launch, rekit...
I'm in for one also. Would love an RE version, but either way this looks great. Just in time for upcoming flying season. Thanks, Oleg!
Feb 26, 2010, 08:23 AM
I'm interested
Feb 26, 2010, 08:36 AM
flying is not a dream
just one question:
130 gr without radio gear looks a little bit heavy, no????

a binary900 V2 is 100gr without radio gear, and mine is 150gr with Nimh180 4cels, AR6100E, 3xD47, altimeter and NQRC battery alarm!!!!
but only 900mm wingspan, not 1m!

anyway, this little bird looks pretty good. What we need is to know how long it can fly in dead air and how we can pilot it!!!!
Feb 26, 2010, 08:39 AM
Stangely Spinning in a Circle
Ohh... I want one too. Please let me know.

Chris
Feb 26, 2010, 08:54 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreve
Would love an RE version, but either way this looks great.
I forgot to answer questions about rudder+elevator versus ailerons. At this point there is only RE version. The dihedral is 12deg. If one wanted ailerons there is nothing stopping him from cutting the ailerons out and installing two more servos. But the dihedral will have to stay at 12deg though. I do not think there are any plans at the factory to make a special mold for aileron modification. We can certainly ask them to add a kevlar strip under the wing skin along the intended hinge line. I can then cut ailerons on demand for each customer. In fact, when I am done playing with the RE version, I may go ahead and cut ailerons on this plane and install two more D47 servos either in the wing or in the fuselage. We will see...

Feb 26, 2010, 09:24 AM
Is this really 12 degrees each side (24 total)? Will you bring it tomorrow morning at the field for a spin?
Looking forward to see this cutie!
M.
Feb 26, 2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
just one question:
130 gr without radio gear looks a little bit heavy, no????
Maybe. just compared the wing with that of the MiMi.
The MiMi has 13.2 dm2 area and can handle up to 200 gram without loss of to much performance. Will launch like mad though.

Frans
Feb 26, 2010, 04:18 PM
Walter Roos

Switch Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Roos

BTW...we are not using switchjacks. We are just using a very short servo extention plugged into the receiver and are plugging the battery into that.

Buddy
Not important brother Buddy, but I have a Switch Jack in my Sparrow Hawk.

walt
Feb 26, 2010, 04:22 PM
Walter Roos

dihedral, no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgol
I forgot to answer questions about rudder+elevator versus ailerons. At this point there is only RE version. The dihedral is 12deg. If one wanted ailerons there is nothing stopping him from cutting the ailerons out and installing two more servos. But the dihedral will have to stay at 12deg though. I do not think there are any plans at the factory to make a special mold for aileron modification. We can certainly ask them to add a kevlar strip under the wing skin along the intended hinge line. I can then cut ailerons on demand for each customer. In fact, when I am done playing with the RE version, I may go ahead and cut ailerons on this plane and install two more D47 servos either in the wing or in the fuselage. We will see..
A Zona Saw, and a bit of support on the bottom of the wing to match the Fuselage, will fix that dihedral problem for ailerons, I have been there and done that.

walt
Last edited by ROOSWH; Feb 26, 2010 at 04:33 PM.

Quick Reply