$195 + $25 shipping in us on his website
Sep 23, 2010, 04:32 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
I would be interested:
kpople@ic-enable.com

Kirby
Oct 19, 2010, 09:05 AM
Hey Everyone

I got my blue NEON from Oleg on Saturday. What a great little kit. I spent Saturday night and Sunday night doing the build.I used a push/pull instead of pull/spring. AUW is 5.9oz with 8.5g of lead in the nose. I used a 2/3AA 400mah nimh battery, ar6300 rx, and 2 D4.7 servos.
I took the plane out yesterday morning for its first flight. This plane can launch for its size. I use abou 50% right rud in the preset and no elev. The plane goes up at about a 45 deg. angle straight and fast. Best flight I had was 1:50 working a gopher fart for lift. Never got higher than 40ft. Great little plane lots of fun. Here arre some pictures of the build. Don't mind the clutter to many projects not enough time

Kevin
Last edited by kunclebuc; Oct 19, 2010 at 09:16 AM.
Oct 19, 2010, 12:20 PM
I want the pink one!!! But im not on the list because I just found this today :P
Oct 19, 2010, 01:38 PM
Hi,

Like I posted earlier I also got my Neon. An orange one of course, still dutch.
Finally had some time to 'build" the model. Well just like i said in previous posting to build is a big word. Had two flying sessions with the neon now, and I must say, i like it. It launches nice and straight as long as you use some right rudder preset. Haven't had the nerve to launch it at full power yet, but already reached nice heights. Last Sunday we had some nice weather 10C and 3 - 4 Bft. Had some really nice fights. Together with Mario, who flew a Spinning birdy, made a flight of almost 14 minutes.

Weight 175 gram, CoG at 70 mm.

Frans
Last edited by Frans Bal; Oct 19, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
Oct 24, 2010, 03:29 PM
This Sunday we had the last round of the Dutch national F3K full-size and mini championships. To get an idea of how the Neon compares to the rest of the field I also flew the mini class. Flying both classes is kind of busy. When you're flying both you end up flying 16 rounds in a day.
The field we flew is almost entirely surrounded by trees. We where lucky the wind was coming from the south and directly over one of the highest tree lines. 3 Bft of wind is not that much but combine it with trees you get a bit of turbulence over the field.
Well the day started with low winds so no ballast needed. At 175 gram the neon flew nicely. After I got the launch dialed in reached some nice launch heights. To get a nice and straight launch you really need right rudder preset. Without the preset the Neon will turn to the left on launch. During the day the wind picked up a bit and turbulence became very interesting. luckily there was not to much turbulence at low altitude so landing could be done fairly safely. At 175 gram the neon was going everywhere except where I wanted it to go. To get the Neon flying again I added some 30 gram of ballast. Just before starting round 5 I heard a ploink, the dynema steering line somehow came lose and had to switch to my back up plane, my trusty MiMi. Round 5 and 6 where flown with the MiMi. During round 6 it started to rain a little bit. At the start of round 7 it the drizzle became real rain and the competition was stopped.
How did the Neon and I do, well just great. Helped at the end by MiMi I won the Mini-class with 5 x 1000 points after getting rid of a bad scratch of 1000 points.

Yes the Neon is a great flying model. Build quality is very nice, performance is good and it looks really nice in those vibrant colors. One little minus, the empty weight could be a bit lighter. Around 150 gram would be great for those quite days.

Frans
Oct 25, 2010, 04:14 PM
More pictures on http://www.f3k.nl/index.php?id=166

Frans
Oct 25, 2010, 04:17 PM
Congratulations Frans!
Very nice build and great flying, you are tempting me to get one too!!!
Dec 05, 2010, 05:32 PM
Oleg Golovidov
If anybody is still interested in getting a Neon soon, please send me an e-mail. I am trying to figure out whether to order another batch of them or not at this time. The question is directed to those in the USA and Canada mostly.
Thanks in advance!

oleg.golovidov@gmail.com
Dec 08, 2010, 04:58 AM
Konsta
Frans,

Great results!

What sort of planes did fly your rivals?
Do you have any pictures or video taken during the competition?
Somehow I've never seen "good and high" mosquito size DLG launch...

BR, Konsta
Dec 08, 2010, 08:22 AM
Oleg

Just curious... about how many of these little beauties have you imported by now? I just now found this thread and would probably order one too, but I have a KC Elf coming... which I just discovered about 2 weeks ago.

Quick Reply