This thread is privately moderated by Matt Gunn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 24, 2010, 08:54 PM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Discussion

Indoor photos with my new Canon 50D

Here's some photos from the tonite's Briarwood fly-in. This is the final meeting at this location. It was also the 1st night testing out my new Canon 50D camera.
Im really impressed with the image quality vs my older Canon XTi. It also handles the less-than-stellar lighting conditions of an indoor court very well. Granted there is noticable ISO noise (due to the low light and need for high shutter speed around 1/200th) in the photos, I think the overall quality is great. Im looking forward to shooting some great reviews with this camera.

Take a look at pics 7 and 8: We taught a very eager young man how to fly. After all his friends left for the day and we had the gym, he hung around and asked alot of questions about flying. Finally, he got a chance to fly a Vapor. I must say that after a few minutes on the sticks, he was a natural. +1 for another person introduced to this fine hobby.
Matt
Last edited by Matt Gunn; Feb 24, 2010 at 10:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2010, 10:26 PM
Foam is good.
Great pics! Depth of field is amazing. Should I ever get around to writing a review, i'll be giving you a call.

John
Feb 25, 2010, 10:14 PM

A few pics from Wednesday's pizza party...

Great pics, Matt... ya really nailed it! Your cam (and shooting skills) are boss! Heck, I'm almost embarrassed to post these measly point 'n shoot pics. Hehe.
Feb 26, 2010, 08:54 AM
Flutter-Bys are fun
You did great with a new camera. You just may have introduced another young person to a fun hobby.
Nice photos. I can see this isn't your first time out shooting pictures of flying planes.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Mar 01, 2010, 10:55 PM
If It Aint Broke,I'll Break It
Great GREAT shots. Nice job on spending the time to introduce a warm body to the coolest hobby on earth.
Mar 03, 2010, 11:32 AM
If you're looking to clean them up, I find "NeatImage" works VERY well on pictures with some ISO noise. You can find it in lots of places online if you look. Excellent shots, especially given the poor indoor lighting!

Quick Reply