This thread is privately moderated by Halifax1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 24, 2010, 12:14 PM
Trader Rating: 79
Uh Oh
Thread OP
For Sale

HET RC F-16, the Flying Lawn Dart (Local pickup in NW CT)

CANNOT SHIP DUE TO SIZE *** Local pickup in NW CT or vicinity only.

For sale or will trade for Align Trex 450 SE or better in A1 shape.

=================================================

Hi and thanks for reading. Here is a High End Technology HET RC F16 electric ducted fan EDF jet that is an incredible performer with a top speed of 100 MPH+. I purchased it a year and a half ago from the original builder who himself flew it a half dozen times. Add my three flights with it and that makes less than 10 flights since build. The jet is a very high quality aircraft of fiberglass construction and quite durable as compared to its smaller foamie cousins. It uses tailerons to control pitch and bank. Length is 38" and wingspan is 24.5".

This is an awesome flying plane and it is incredibly fast. Here are the details of what's inside her, as provided by the builder:

HET RC 2W Brushless Motor - equivalent to the Mega 16/15/2
Castle Creations Phoenix 45 ESC
Two Hitec HS65 Metal Gear Servos
Hitec Electron 6 Negative Shift, Futaba/Hitec, 6 channel receiver on channel 56.

Price is $400 / OBO, local pickup in NW CT or vicinity only.

I flew the plane on the Thunder Power Extreme 3S/3300 battery (available for $50 with plane). It flew incredibly well and did I say, FAST? It will do around 100 MPH. At our last club event, I got the chance to fly against a turbine powered sport jet. I was dead even or slightly faster than the real turbine jet. Impressive. The plane is hand-launchable... all of my flights were hand launches by myself without a problem. Make sure that your CG is spot-on ... the secret is NOT to javelin it. Just kinda push it forward, about 15% above level. She climbs out like a rocket and has excellent stability and landing characteristics. I've since moved on to helicopters - that's why she's up for sale.

Again, will also trade for a NICE Align Trex 450 SE or better.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2010, 08:25 AM
Trader Rating: 79
Uh Oh
Thread OP
OK, already, how about $300 for this baby? Need to move it along, the lass is getting tired of it being in the house and is threatening to move me and the jet into the barn.

Quick Reply