Feb 23, 2010, 01:45 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
timer set at 4 minutes...Jason Cole
Jason in the other thread it was said this is by Freewing. Is this true?

This is done so well there is no reason to mod anything other than adding a rudder. Very nice. I can see why this would be your new favourite.

If its Freewing did they use the same mechanical retract as they have been putting in their previous models?
Those struts look familiar; like the FlyFly struts http://www.ejf.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=472. Are they?

$400.00 and all you drop in is a 7 channel Rx. How can one resist!
The SU34 was announced was announced around the same time a year ago and they didn't get here till summer. Any idea when they will deliver? ANd like the SU-34 will they be coming in other colour schemes?

When you get a chance could you add a pic of the battery bay and the EDF area with the hatch open.

Much thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2010, 01:52 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
We will have an Airframe only version available. Freewing is building these to our specs and input. We brought the project to them to manufacture for us. The good news is just like with our eRC B-25 that delivered on time. These Eurofighters will be here in less than 3 weeks! Yeah Baby, just in time for warmer weather. Anyone want to get together for a gaggle of Euro's at SEFF?

Jason Cole
Feb 23, 2010, 02:07 PM
Is the nose gear visible in the intake when it's retracted? Is there a cheater hole?
Feb 23, 2010, 02:08 PM
Quote:
We will have an Airframe only version available. Freewing is building these to our specs and input. We brought the project to them to manufacture for us. The good news is just like with our eRC B-25 that delivered on time. These Eurofighters will be here in less than 3 weeks! Yeah Baby, just in time for warmer weather. Anyone want to get together for a gaggle of Euro's at SEFF?

Jason Cole
And the Retracts?
Is this the EDF unit going into the model?
- Duct Fan: 90mm , 6 Blade

- Motor: B3553 1750Kv
http://www.sz-freewing.com/productsp...828&title=Item
No.:F90131&bigclassname=Motor

http://www.sz-freewing.com/productsp...832&title=Item
No.:F90211&bigclassname=Propeller | EDF
- ESC: Cyclone Power Areo 85 ESC With SBEC

- Working Voltage: 22.2v

- Thrust: Up To 2,400g

- Current: Around 65A
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Feb 23, 2010 at 09:17 PM.
Feb 23, 2010, 02:30 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Some more pictures to ogle without having to click on links.

Direct link to Eurofighter flight video: http://s3.amazonaws.com/hobbylobbyvi...urofighter.wmv
Feb 23, 2010, 02:35 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
SIGN ME UP!! That is awesome!
Feb 23, 2010, 02:36 PM
Jason,
What will come with the airframe version? frame, edf, retracts?
Feb 23, 2010, 02:47 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatch21 View Post
Is the nose gear visible in the intake when it's retracted? Is there a cheater hole?
Nope, there are two separate inlet holes with the nose wheel retracting into a middle section. Photo attached. Also a photo of the battery area.

Jason
Feb 23, 2010, 02:50 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitpilot View Post
Jason,
What will come with the airframe version? frame, edf, retracts?
I haven't seen this version yet, but I'm pretty sure it will have the frame, edf unit, TV nozzles, retracts, and servo extensions. You'll need to provide the servos, motor, esc, battery and receiver.

Jason Cole
Last edited by RCG_Jason; Feb 23, 2010 at 02:58 PM.
Feb 23, 2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Nope, there are two separate inlet holes with the nose wheel retracting into a middle section. Photo attached. Also a photo of the battery area.

Jason
Ah ha! If my eyes are seeing correctly I'll take one in the dark grey please!
Will the Frame only price be the standard HL $129? OOOwwwww just posted $229 frame only http://www.hobby-lobby.com/erc_eurof...96381_prd1.htm .
The battery bay looks like it would take a 5000 6S with very little work. Glad there was no battery cage again. Very easy to adjust CG.

Now where to put the camera???
Last edited by Maxthrottle; Feb 23, 2010 at 09:21 PM.
Feb 23, 2010, 03:32 PM
Hubba hubba....

This is a perfect platform for a bit of EDF FPV action too, especially with that nice big and detailed cockpit!

I've been hunkering for a good replacement for my old SAPAC Eurofighter than bought the farm after a servo failure, but since then I've always been hesitant of buying planes which I could not easily get replacement parts for... for that reason the parkzone habu is really tempting to me, but it just doesn't hold a candle to this in terms of features or looks.

Does hobby lobby have decent international shipping rates to europe?
Feb 23, 2010, 03:43 PM
Essential RC YouTube channel
Haven't seen it mentioned but would appear the foam is EPS rather than EPO.
Feb 23, 2010, 03:47 PM
I hate waiting for parts
I'm VERY interested! I do have to ask, however, if there's a way to fly it with the nozzles fixed for those who aren't interested in TV flight? Or a non-TV version?
Feb 23, 2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
I'm VERY interested! I do have to ask, however, if there's a way to fly it with the nozzles fixed for those who aren't interested in TV flight? Or a non-TV version?
Yes.
You can just not hook them up to your Rx and put a screw threw through the TV unit or you can remove it all together. If you remove it you'ld likely have to make tail nozzles. A few did this with the Freewing SU34 and the F35.

Jason the thought crossed my mine... you guys are going to have half the shipments go to europe right They are going to be all over this which means if you don't want to wait order it now!?
Feb 23, 2010, 04:56 PM
Always around.......
Jason, Will you have this at SEFF? I will be at my first SEFF this year and would like to see this one in person before jumping in. By all appearances it is a killer bird. Might be my first 90mm plane who knows .

Jason

Quick Reply