eRC Eurofighter - 360TV - Functional Canards - Page 367 - RC Groups
Oct 08, 2012, 02:10 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
Hobby topgun 1600kv

looks like they don't have just the motor in stock $69, but have the fan n motor combo in stock. Guess I bought the last 2 few wks ago. Might wanna ask em when they may get more.
http://parkrcmodels.com/product_info...roducts_id=852

Also hear this is a good motor

http://www.hobby88.com/shop/product_...roducts_id=259

But not sure what the specs are amps,etc...?
Last edited by v8truckin; Oct 08, 2012 at 02:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 09, 2012, 09:28 AM
get high
How do you like the top gun? What is it comparable to? Thanks
Oct 09, 2012, 09:44 AM
Its the only 1600kv inrunner I use so I can't compare it to any other . Its a great well made motor. Only thing is its rated for like 70-75a I think and I'm pushing 95a on it, but who doesnt push the manufactures specs. Its holding up well, just male sure to add some heatsinks.
Oct 10, 2012, 09:16 AM
get high
Maybe a better question might be is how it compares to the stock set up? Thanks
Oct 10, 2012, 09:46 AM
Better! More thrust 1:1 at least, speed, sound, similar flight time, but a lil more current draw/ amps. Honestly I never use another 90mm fan.
Oct 10, 2012, 12:35 PM
Hey V8truckin. I just got my bird today and I must say she is one amazing model. Sadly a few dings here and there (nose slightly compressed). I was wondering though why I see more than 7 leads... is there anything on y harness? And the manual says I should put TV with aileron (left ail / left TV , right ail / right TV)? Slightly confused here...
Thanks
Oct 10, 2012, 02:13 PM
Yes believe there are Y harnesses used. The left ail./left tv and right ail./ right tv is used when the tv moves with ea. corresponding aileron. I don't use em that way and I just use em as the elevators would function. So I use TV pitch, tv yaw, but not TV roll (as I would call it). I wanted to use my spare channels for something else. Yes the manual is a lil confusing so maybe someone else can give you some insight into the manuals setup as I ain't using that setup.
Oct 10, 2012, 02:23 PM
I see. I too plan to use TV for pitch and rudder only. Im using a 7CH optimafrom hitec. Anybody have similar tx/rx ?
Oct 12, 2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin
Its the only 1600kv inrunner I use so I can't compare it to any other . Its a great well made motor. Only thing is its rated for like 70-75a I think and I'm pushing 95a on it, but who doesnt push the manufactures specs. Its holding up well, just male sure to add some heatsinks.
Actually the specs say <58 amps. You havent had any issues with this motor in the CS12? I'm waiting on one to come in and looking for a good motor to put in it.
Oct 12, 2012, 08:48 AM
I didn't do it...
Hey all, quick question. I want to use a separate BEC with this bird and was wondering if this would work? http://www.radicalrc.com/category/BECs-154 I have never used a BEC before, this will be my first. Thanks
Oct 12, 2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH
Actually the specs say <58 amps. You havent had any issues with this motor in the CS12? I'm waiting on one to come in and looking for a good motor to put in it.
Nope haven't had a single issue. Just be sure to add some heat sink. Another vendor posted 70a , can't remember who. Either way its running fine.
Oct 12, 2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Nope haven't had a single issue. Just be sure to add some heat sink. Another vendor posted 70a , can't remember who. Either way its running fine.
Thanks v8! Any suggestion on heat sink/where to get it?
Oct 12, 2012, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve
Hey all, quick question. I want to use a separate BEC with this bird and was wondering if this would work? http://www.radicalrc.com/category/BECs-154 I have never used a BEC before, this will be my first. Thanks
The CC 10amp BEC works well. I use them all the time and have never had an issue. I'm sure there are other bec's that may be recommended on here as well.
Oct 12, 2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
V8,

May i ask you what is the can size of this motor ?

Thx..
Oct 12, 2012, 10:55 AM
damon,

Any 36mm heatsink is fine