This thread is privately moderated by SlowBipe, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 23, 2010, 11:06 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

SlowBipe Website

www.SlowBipe.com

I am in the process of introducing a new product. I believe the SlowBipe to be the easiest to learn on RC Trainer that there is. It is easy because it flies so slow, and because it can take the beating that beginners will need.

In this blog I will introduce the product and allow members of the forum to post comments regarding the plane. Hopefully this will increase the information available about this product so others can decide if it is right for them.
Last edited by SlowBipe; Feb 25, 2010 at 08:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2010, 01:15 PM
Thread OP

Slow Bipe Customer Feedback

I am posting the customer feedback that I have received so far since introducing the plane two weeks ago. I have not edited any of the comments.

From Wayne in Tacoma, Washington
Hi, I pick-up one of your SlowBipe at the Northwest Hobby Model Epxo, on the weekend of Feb 12th-14th. Nice Kit, went together very well without any problem. Very well done.

From John somewhere in Washington State
Michael,
Thanks for your help on the phone today. I reversed the servo and the esc worked properly. I took the plane out and it flew great. The prop is a little fragile. It broke when I landed in the field the first time. It may of snagged a little branch? I replaced it with an APC 7x4 which is a little smaller and it flew great. The smaller prop is a little more rugged and I never had a problem the rest of the day. I am quite surprised at how long I can fly on a fully charged battery. I went for over an hour and the battery still has some life in it. I'm only flying at 1/2 trottle or less. The plane is super responsive on high rates. It's capable of some very tight loops. I prefer low rates and very slow flying. That is probably why the battery has lasted so long. I broke the bottom of one of the end panels when I landed and it did a little ground loop. I was back in the air in no time with the help of a little CA. I am thinking about sticking some tooth picks in to reinforce the broken spot. Flying outdoors with a slight breeze is no problem. It is a very good plane.

From Kent somewhere in Washington State
I bought two of your SlowBipes at the Monroe show. Best flying trainer I have ever been involved with by far. Response, slow flight, easy to see, superb power, and excellent crash survivability all excellent. Job well done!,,Do you sell extra battery packs? They are sold out at HobbyKing.,,Thanks, Kent

Here is the second email I received from Kent:This weekend I taught my friend from El Salvador how to fly the SlowBipe. It survived there pretty good crashes (including in a tree) without any major damage. Just a couple broken props.. :-) After 1 day he is flying on his own and doing a great job.

Finally some photo's sent to me by Kent from Washington.
Sep 14, 2013, 05:27 PM
So what happened...the product was so good that now it's unavailable...!

Why make a mini....that's got to be somewhat harder to handle..

Bill
Oct 06, 2013, 03:31 PM
The SlowBipe is available again. A friend I work with just received one last week. They made improvements to the design, and are just now starting to produce them again. You may have to get on a waiting list. Check with them.
I can't wait to see my friend to get his together and fly it. I think I'd like to build one to fly in my back yard. My other plane is just too big and fast for me to fly in that size area.
Jul 08, 2014, 09:18 PM

Stunt Bipe and Twin a Slow Bipe

Michael, I don't understand why all the videos I found of the Twin Slow Bipe were from 2010 and I don't see anything about this plane on your web site! Are you not going to build and market them? I would love to have the big twin bipe, maybe put some led lights on it and fly it in my front yard at dusk. Do you have any plans to market it? Thanks, Tim
Feb 18, 2015, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirpster
The SlowBipe is available again.
I can't find out how to get one! No mention on the website, only distributor is in the states, only has mini - out of stock.

No reply to emails on website contact page.................
Feb 18, 2015, 06:16 PM

But you can't buy one?!

And no reply to emails............
Mar 05, 2015, 09:30 AM

Mini Slow Bipe

Completed my build Last night. Hope to maiden this weekend. Plane went together very well.
Mar 15, 2015, 04:26 PM
MJF
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
I want one....
May 06, 2015, 09:15 PM
Where can I get a slowbipe?
I've tried scouring their site.
I've tried emailing them .I've tried calling them.
No luck?
What's the secret?
I don't want a mini. I don't want the stunt bipe.
May 15, 2015, 09:13 AM

slow bipe

I echo the feelings of suffolk112000!
I want a slow bipe too!
It's sad when you find a great product and can't get it.
Any help would be great!
Thanks

tomcwi@outlook.com
May 16, 2015, 07:52 AM

SlowBipe

It appears that for some reason they now only produce the MiniBipe. My friend who has a SlowBipe purchased his through Heads Up RC. They had a hard time keeping them in stock. I'd contact Heads Up RC and ask. Might also try giving the manufacturer a call too.

Phone: 208-861-8313
E-Mail Address: SlowBipeSales@gmail.com

I've flown with my friend and his SlowBipe. You might want to check out the Twisted Hobbys RC planes. http://www.twistedhobbys.com/ They have a huge selection of very, very durable EPP foam planes. I have the Extra Slick, I could fly it as slow as the SlowBipe AND it's capable of 3D maneuvers too. It's a four channel aileron plane. They have come out with several new (and inproved) models since I bought my plane. Look at the many Youtube videos on their planes, and see what you think.

Quick Reply