New Sounds and Stuff for Phoenix Rc - RC Groups
Feb 21, 2010, 02:55 PM
Download

New Sounds and Stuff for Phoenix Rc

Hi, I've created some additional sounds to put into Phoenix Rc. They include 2 new medium electric sounds, 1 new light electric sound,
3 new EDF sounds including a 64mm EDF, 70mm EDF and a JP-700 EDF, and also a parkjet motor sound for the F117 foamie.
There is also 2 new Radial engine sounds, the first being based on a 50cc radial engine and the second being a modified more powerful sounding
version of the first.

PhoenixRc Add-on sounds and smoke.wmv (5 min 29 sec)

Put the seperate .PXE files into
C:\Program Files\PhoenixRC\resources\objects\aircraft\fixedWi ng\engines

Then put the seperate .Wav files into C:\Program Files\PhoenixRC\resources\soundEffects\planes

I've also created a new smokey looking smoke texture with a slightly modified smoke colour/tone to help it interact with the ambiant light of the
differant flying sites.

Just put the 'smoke.bmp' file into
C:\Program Files\PhoenixRC\resources\textures\particles
and overwrite the original smoke.bmp file,
or just rename the original something like 'smokeXXXOrig.bmp'

I've also inclueded the original smoke.bmp file just incase you wan't to revert back to the original.

Let me know what you think.

Enjoy!
Last edited by Flying Elvis; Feb 22, 2010 at 12:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2010, 12:42 PM
No such thing as overpowered
wow really nice!! They really provide a nice alternative from the stock sounds. thank you!

anychance of a RR merlin?
Sep 05, 2011, 06:29 AM

Rolls Royce Merlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilit run? 353
anychance of a RR merlin?
I heard that sound yesterday IRL on a P51 Mustang! It was the best motor sound I've heard for long time so I had to do one for Phoenix:

Phoenix R/C - Merlin engine sound (2 min 8 sec)

Download
Feb 02, 2014, 02:12 PM
I can get the first post radial ones to work, but not this merlin effect... And the youtube video don't half have sound either for some reason.
Jun 16, 2014, 06:03 AM

(edf) sounds for phoenix v5

hi,

I've used these sounds for years in phoenix v3, v 4 and they were great! thanks!
Unfortunately they don't work anymore under version 5.
Can anyone help me out or hook me up with other nice edf sounds that do work in phoenx 5?

Kind regards,

treehugger
Apr 23, 2016, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger
hi,

I've used these sounds for years in phoenix v3, v 4 and they were great! thanks!
Unfortunately they don't work anymore under version 5.
Can anyone help me out or hook me up with other nice edf sounds that do work in phoenx 5?

Kind regards,

treehugger
+1 ... for a Merlin sound.
Anyone any suggestions?
Apr 25, 2016, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixy
+1 ... for a Merlin sound.
Anyone any suggestions?
Merlin engine sounds and others all here post #2857 ..... found them at last!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...n#post31721086

Now have B17 with sound of 4 radials ..... rather than electric....nice.
Oct 29, 2016, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Elvis
Hi, I've created some additional sounds to put into Phoenix Rc. They include 2 new medium electric sounds, 1 new light electric sound,
3 new EDF sounds including a 64mm EDF, 70mm EDF and a JP-700 EDF, and also a parkjet motor sound for the F117 foamie.
There is also 2 new Radial engine sounds, the first being based on a 50cc radial engine and the second being a modified more powerful sounding
version of the first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2DHzLh7p5A

Put the seperate .PXE files into
C:\Program Files\PhoenixRC\resources\objects\aircraft\fixedWi ng\engines

Then put the seperate .Wav files into C:\Program Files\PhoenixRC\resources\soundEffects\planes

I've also created a new smokey looking smoke texture with a slightly modified smoke colour/tone to help it interact with the ambiant light of the
differant flying sites.

Just put the 'smoke.bmp' file into
C:\Program Files\PhoenixRC\resources\textures\particles
and overwrite the original smoke.bmp file,
or just rename the original something like 'smokeXXXOrig.bmp'

I've also inclueded the original smoke.bmp file just incase you wan't to revert back to the original.

Let me know what you think.

Enjoy!

Hello

I am interested in the EDF sounds, they only come on wav files there is no .sfk files related to them. I installed the electric file, the PXE file and the edf wav files but in phoenix when I go to edit and change a jet sound I don't see the edf sounds on the list of sounds.

actually I don't see any of the sounds on the PXE file

I hope somebody can explain to me what is wrong.. Are the edf sounds working for somebody?

thanks

Quick Reply