Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:52 PM
Find More Posts by keith b
I hear you on that,I just bought a JHH A-7 its currently the edwards scheme orange and white but it wont stay that way.I already have a Jet Teng T-45 orange and white so I think the A-7 will be a Southeast asia scheme.Thats why I am going for the Blue Angels scheme to many orange and white.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2010, 01:46 AM
kin
Find More Posts by kin
kin
Composite factory
I have adjust the colour now . now are very close , but i think add a very little dark is ok ! How here three pic are different . So i need conside how add dark ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2010, 02:10 AM
Find More Posts by stumax
The blade numbers go up to 11
Kin, it looks great! Blue is a very tricky colour to match. In art school (where I studied oil painting whilst having a break from RC for a few years a while back) I learnt that blue can be influenced by other colours, and that although it's a cool colour, you can have warm or cool hues of blue. The Blue Angles blue is a cool hue, it's very slightly on the green side. The blue you've got looks a little warm, very slightly on the red side. Having yellow trim with a warm hue blue will make the yellow look wrong. This begins with the base pigment, nothing you can do about it after that, trying to "cool off" a warm hue of blue with a touch of green will muddy it up. Best thing to do for this type of thing if you really need to get it right is to get a small tin of plastic model paint which is the right colour, dip a strip of white ABS or similar plastic into it, then take it to a paint shop and have them match it by computer. I used to wonder why there were so many different colours of oil paint available in the art store, after learning the theory, now I know.

Stu.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:14 AM
kin
Find More Posts by kin
kin
Composite factory
Have any guy make a plastic small model get the manual offer the testor number ? I haven't time to find this blue Angel plastic model , so i can not sure the paint in right . but if guys can have the real A-4 colour number is perfect ! My White and Orange colour A-4 have a real colour number get from internet . it is standard SAR colour . so i paint it 100% right , but need find this blue !If we canhave the colour for RAL standard are the best !
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2010, 07:59 AM
Hello Kin here are the proper FS # paints for the Blue angels.I hope this helps I look forward to seeing the new paint job.

Testors Blue Angel Yellow FS13655
Testors Blue Angels Blue FS15050
Old Dec 23, 2010, 09:17 AM
kin
Find More Posts by kin
kin
Composite factory
Thankyou ! Is it same Testor Blue 4687 and yellow 4684 ?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2010, 04:57 PM
Find More Posts by learnedinuk
Where can I find some info on the F-15. Is it a twin 90mm? Or is it a twin 70mm? What are the specs?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:03 PM
Find More Posts by sikky
speedin n da weeds :)
+1 on the info
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:26 PM
sikky one of the F-15s is a single 90mm all composite,sounds sweet and the other is composite fuse maybe twin 70mm not sure about that one.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 11:34 PM
Find More Posts by rorrock
Global Hobby Store
there is a single 90mm all composite F-15 in the pipeline..
The other is a twin 70mm F-15 with composite fuse and balsa built up wings.
I have a shipment with some twins and hawks on its way, currently held due to weather in china.. I'll post pics, etc in a build thread when I unbox mine..

Rob
Old Dec 24, 2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorrock View Post
there is a single 90mm all composite F-15 in the pipeline..
Rob
That's the one I would like some specs on. Wing span, length etc. Can I pay now? LOL

Seriously put me on the list. My favorite plane.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 02:01 PM
Find More Posts by Pepperpete
He builds stuff. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedinuk View Post
That's the one I would like some specs on. Wing span, length etc. Can I pay now? LOL

Seriously put me on the list. My favorite plane.
Dang...I was truly hoping it would be a dual 90mm.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 03:46 PM
Find More Posts by sikky
speedin n da weeds :)
The eagle is sweet, but people don't like it way out of scale. You guys put it off like it's not a player in this game and that's a bad thing......... It got put off for what plane?? HET has had the f-15 for many many years and they get sold out so just think what a twin 70mm single 90mm or twin 90mm all with retracts would do??
Old Dec 24, 2010, 06:48 PM
Aww...twin 90 would be sweet!
Old Dec 25, 2010, 04:38 AM
Find More Posts by wilerbee
Here's a twin too !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91rCO...yer_embedded:D