Smartmodel model coming out EDF in Friberglass Hollow mold - Page 18 - RC Groups
Nov 25, 2010, 07:41 AM
Oh very nice (and very big!).
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2010, 07:55 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Its a shame the X-35 isn't in production and never will be again. The model Kin has is the X-35b not even near the F-35B in production. I mentioned the part of research and the easiest fix was to re do the whole front of the jet as the front intake decks are all wrong for the actual F-35 B in production. Also that as modelers we would never be able to vertically lift off so why even attempt to produce an X-35 let alone a B' model. Don't get me wrong. Kudos for the excellent workmanship, its just been done on a model not in production. Can I have the fuse's that accumulate when they don't sell?
Nov 25, 2010, 11:12 AM
kin
kin
Composite factory
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero
Its a shame the X-35 isn't in production and never will be again. The model Kin has is the X-35b not even near the F-35B in production. I mentioned the part of research and the easiest fix was to re do the whole front of the jet as the front intake decks are all wrong for the actual F-35 B in production. Also that as modelers we would never be able to vertically lift off so why even attempt to produce an X-35 let alone a B' model. Don't get me wrong. Kudos for the excellent workmanship, its just been done on a model not in production. Can I have the fuse's that accumulate when they don't sell?
This model is from a friend's information to products it in our factory , but this friend are plan to Vertical lift off ! that why we are do this type . so i must follow him to complete it . Maybe he can success the vertical lift off system in the future .
Nov 25, 2010, 06:10 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
He may need one of these!
Don't forget the F-35B has a single front intake hatch that opens rearward.
Nov 27, 2010, 10:57 PM
speedin n da weeds :)
Any word on the f-15??
Nov 28, 2010, 12:14 PM
kin
kin
Composite factory
It should be after the F-20 . but the f-14 twins 90mm are completed the 3-D drawing , so maybe is F-14 and than F-15 .
Nov 28, 2010, 12:25 PM
Finally, I've been looking a long time for a F-14 twin 90mm.
Watching with interest.
Nov 28, 2010, 12:33 PM
www.turbofanelectrics.com
Hi Kin this 90mm twin F14 sounds interesting. Will this jet have variable sweep wings?

William
Nov 29, 2010, 11:49 AM
check for reversed controls
Interesting
Nov 29, 2010, 12:58 PM
kin
kin
Composite factory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colito925
Hi Kin this 90mm twin F14 sounds interesting. Will this jet have variable sweep wings?

William
yes! sure make it sweep wing , it is the main point of this model , if the wing not moving , i have no interesting to build a (fix) wing model F-14 ! The moving mechanic have a completed concept . so it not so diffcult .just need a little electronic thing . it is no problem for me .it must easy than my ep retractable gear .
Nov 29, 2010, 01:06 PM
kin
kin
Composite factory
It base on a TAMIYA big scale plastic model . this model very good detail . of couse i can not make the wing airfoil from a real plane . i have use a rc model airfoil to drawing the wing section . just very little change the scale (thickless only ) . all the scale are very close full size . so it should vey nice model .it is twins fan 90mm x 2 .1650mm length .it control by the tail wing only . no need the main wing aileron .
Nov 29, 2010, 04:44 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
That sounds great, about time some bigger 90mm models came out, make sure you can fit plenty of battery into it
Nov 29, 2010, 04:57 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin
It base on a TAMIYA big scale plastic model . this model very good detail . of couse i can not make the wing airfoil from a real plane . i have use a rc model airfoil to drawing the wing section . just very little change the scale (thickless only ) . all the scale are very close full size . so it should vey nice model .it is twins fan 90mm x 2 .1650mm length .it control by the tail wing only . no need the main wing aileron .
And of course you will build it around your electronic retracts right?
Nov 29, 2010, 05:11 PM
Global Hobby Store
Kin,
Will be intersting to see how it handles with the moving COG as the geomety of the wing changes.. This has caused delays with a foamy version that's been in the works for a while.. I beleive its been sorted now though..

Rob
Nov 29, 2010, 05:30 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Starmax's foam F14 suffered from undersize intakes and fans too small to provide enough power for the size of the model. The swept wings only required a little mix in the elevator and the model actually flies quite well with a half decent power system.