Smartmodel model coming out EDF in Friberglass Hollow mold - Page 18 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Nov 25, 2010, 07:41 AM
Registered User
alexandermh's Avatar
Oh very nice (and very big!).
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2010, 07:55 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
ApexAero's Avatar
Its a shame the X-35 isn't in production and never will be again. The model Kin has is the X-35b not even near the F-35B in production. I mentioned the part of research and the easiest fix was to re do the whole front of the jet as the front intake decks are all wrong for the actual F-35 B in production. Also that as modelers we would never be able to vertically lift off so why even attempt to produce an X-35 let alone a B' model. Don't get me wrong. Kudos for the excellent workmanship, its just been done on a model not in production. Can I have the fuse's that accumulate when they don't sell?
Nov 25, 2010, 11:12 AM
kin
kin
Composite factory
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero
Its a shame the X-35 isn't in production and never will be again. The model Kin has is the X-35b not even near the F-35B in production. I mentioned the part of research and the easiest fix was to re do the whole front of the jet as the front intake decks are all wrong for the actual F-35 B in production. Also that as modelers we would never be able to vertically lift off so why even attempt to produce an X-35 let alone a B' model. Don't get me wrong. Kudos for the excellent workmanship, its just been done on a model not in production. Can I have the fuse's that accumulate when they don't sell?
This model is from a friend's information to products it in our factory , but this friend are plan to Vertical lift off ! that why we are do this type . so i must follow him to complete it . Maybe he can success the vertical lift off system in the future .
Nov 25, 2010, 06:10 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
ApexAero's Avatar
He may need one of these!
Don't forget the F-35B has a single front intake hatch that opens rearward.
Nov 27, 2010, 10:57 PM
speedin n da weeds :)
sikky's Avatar
Any word on the f-15??
Nov 28, 2010, 12:14 PM
kin
kin
Composite factory
It should be after the F-20 . but the f-14 twins 90mm are completed the 3-D drawing , so maybe is F-14 and than F-15 .
Nov 28, 2010, 12:25 PM
Registered User
Mikael's Avatar
Finally, I've been looking a long time for a F-14 twin 90mm.
Watching with interest.
Nov 28, 2010, 12:33 PM
www.turbofanelectrics.com
TurboFanElectric's Avatar
Hi Kin this 90mm twin F14 sounds interesting. Will this jet have variable sweep wings?

William
Nov 29, 2010, 11:49 AM
check for reversed controls
alpea 41's Avatar
Interesting
Nov 29, 2010, 12:58 PM
kin
kin
Composite factory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colito925
Hi Kin this 90mm twin F14 sounds interesting. Will this jet have variable sweep wings?

William
yes! sure make it sweep wing , it is the main point of this model , if the wing not moving , i have no interesting to build a (fix) wing model F-14 ! The moving mechanic have a completed concept . so it not so diffcult .just need a little electronic thing . it is no problem for me .it must easy than my ep retractable gear .
Nov 29, 2010, 01:06 PM
kin
kin
Composite factory
It base on a TAMIYA big scale plastic model . this model very good detail . of couse i can not make the wing airfoil from a real plane . i have use a rc model airfoil to drawing the wing section . just very little change the scale (thickless only ) . all the scale are very close full size . so it should vey nice model .it is twins fan 90mm x 2 .1650mm length .it control by the tail wing only . no need the main wing aileron .
Nov 29, 2010, 04:44 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Extreme_RC's Avatar
That sounds great, about time some bigger 90mm models came out, make sure you can fit plenty of battery into it
Nov 29, 2010, 04:57 PM
He builds stuff. :)
Pepperpete's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin
It base on a TAMIYA big scale plastic model . this model very good detail . of couse i can not make the wing airfoil from a real plane . i have use a rc model airfoil to drawing the wing section . just very little change the scale (thickless only ) . all the scale are very close full size . so it should vey nice model .it is twins fan 90mm x 2 .1650mm length .it control by the tail wing only . no need the main wing aileron .
And of course you will build it around your electronic retracts right?
Nov 29, 2010, 05:11 PM
Global Hobby Store
rorrock's Avatar
Kin,
Will be intersting to see how it handles with the moving COG as the geomety of the wing changes.. This has caused delays with a foamy version that's been in the works for a while.. I beleive its been sorted now though..

Rob
Nov 29, 2010, 05:30 PM
The best in EDF since 2005
Extreme_RC's Avatar
Starmax's foam F14 suffered from undersize intakes and fans too small to provide enough power for the size of the model. The swept wings only required a little mix in the elevator and the model actually flies quite well with a half decent power system.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Recived my TF model/smartmodel LYNX DC3_driver Scale Helicopters 33 Jun 29, 2010 05:49 AM
Discussion Looking for test pilot for 3-D flying with Smartmodel/TF model narrow blades kin 3D Electric Heli Flying 4 Jan 19, 2010 08:42 PM
Discussion Looking for test pilot for 3-D flying with Smartmodel/TF model narrow blades kin Electric Heli Talk 2 Jan 19, 2010 01:03 PM