This thread is privately moderated by Matt Gunn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 20, 2010, 12:04 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
Discussion

Ode to the Indoor Fly-In

Ive been an rc pilot for many years, but the indoor fly-in is relatively new to me. It seems that only recently have a group of diehard aviators persued places to fly indoors in Atlanta. Tonite we "tested" a new gymnasium and set up four future meeting dates to gauge participation. Opening night wasn't much of a turn out, but at least we all got some decent flying in.

I find it amusing that as soon as you define a flying space, the amount of midair mishaps increase exponentially. Luckily, the indoor collision usually results in a few laughs and maybe a few pieces to pick up... nothing a dab of CA wont fix.

Overall I had a good time at my first fly-in. The weather is pretty chilly down here and it was a nice treat to fly in a heated gym at night. I currently have an Ember II, Ultra-Micro Grasshopper, and a Blade MCX. I think I'll do a little internet clicking and add a 3d plane to my mini hangar very soon.

Heres a few pics from this evening, enjoy.
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2010, 06:56 PM
Quiet Flyer

Amazing indoor pictures! Thanks

Great photography!
Thanks Matt!!

Rob
Feb 21, 2010, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdr
Ive been an rc pilot for many years, but the indoor fly-in is relatively new to me. It seems that only recently have a group of diehard aviators persued places to fly indoors in Atlanta. Tonite we "tested" a new gymnasium and set up four future meeting dates to gauge participation. Opening night wasn't much of a turn out, but at least we all got some decent flying in.

I find it amusing that as soon as you define a flying space, the amount of midair mishaps increase exponentially. Luckily, the indoor collision usually results in a few laughs and maybe a few pieces to pick up... nothing a dab of CA wont fix.

Overall I had a good time at my first fly-in. The weather is pretty chilly down here and it was a nice treat to fly in a heated gym at night. I currently have an Ember II, Ultra-Micro Grasshopper, and a Blade MCX. I think I'll do a little internet clicking and add a 3d plane to my mini hangar very soon.

Heres a few pics from this evening, enjoy.
Sweet Matt. Which lens are you using? Great depth of field effects on these.
Feb 22, 2010, 11:47 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
The lens is a 70-200 f2.8 L series
I just bought a Canon 50D camera to replace my aging rebel XTi. Should be here tomorrow
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com
Feb 24, 2010, 12:32 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
Nice photos. funny how the walls come into plane rather quickly indoors.

You did good with the photos.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred

Quick Reply