This thread is privately moderated by JMBRAD, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 18, 2010, 02:12 PM
Jody Bradshaw
Thread OP
Discussion

What is RC flight all about?

Like many members of the RC community, I have longed to fly since I was a child. For me, RC has been as close as I've come to realizing my childhood dream of being a pilot. It's funny how as we age, our childhood fantasies come back to mind. I flew C/L and free flight as a kid and not until I was 35 years old did I get my 1st RC plane.

Now, my interests are taking another turn. Ultralights!

I'm considering a 30 year old design called the Sky Pup. The nice thing about the Sky Pup, is it is constructed out of the same materials our RC planes are. Wood and Foam. I probably won't be posting much about RC planes for a while. I can't get my mind off of putting myself in the cockpit of a flying machine. It's an obsession really. But there are worse things to obsess over aren't there?

Jody
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2010, 10:37 PM
Look around at a bunch before you decide man. The Sky pup looks pretty cool though! Have fun and be safe! Happy landings Jody!

Laine.
Feb 18, 2010, 11:11 PM
Jody Bradshaw
Thread OP
Laine,

Thanks for the encouragement. Cost is a big factor in my decision to go with the SkyPup. I would love to have a Belite, but who can afford one? If you can spend 20,000.00 on an ultralight, why not get a real plane?

Jody

Quick Reply