This thread is privately moderated by Vethraxx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 17, 2010, 05:56 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Herr Starlite

This is the "in progress" build of my Herr Starlite. I chose Coverlite over the tissue that came in the box (I don't like the color). I put Turnigy B12-30 3850kv Inrunner instead of the mentioned brushed motor. I added a rear wheel. (More photos soon). I have lots of small 2s lips to stick in it. I put a E-Flite 1.5mm prop adapter and also made the whole area infront of the wing, a access door in case the motor needs to be removed. It's held in with magnets.

I probably won't get in on the 4oz they said you should, but I am sure it will fly.

UPDATE : It's complete. New photos. it it's final weight is 8oz. OOps.
Last edited by Vethraxx; Feb 19, 2010 at 07:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2012, 11:53 AM
Thread OP
That little 11mm motor had to be replaced with an out runner. It had an issue if you throttled up slowly, it would not move, but make a modem squeal sound and then just stop working. You would have to throttle all the way down and try again. It would only work if you hit the throttle hard and got it going then you could ease the throttle down where you wanted it. Odd. I pull it. How it's drawer art.

Quick Reply