Jan 25, 2013, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obake
Hi John,

Page two of the manual list the bolts as these:

Screw for wing connector: M3.0 x 8 , 4 each

Screw for servo hatch: M3.0 x 22 , 2 each

Wing bolt: M4.0 x 20 , 2 each

Measurements are metric and I usually find the nylon metric bolts in the Ace hardware stores.

Hope this helps.
thank you! this is really dumb but i honestly forgot it came with a manual as i hadnt needed it.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2013, 11:10 PM
Brand new Dynamic-S assembled and custom-decorated. Maiden in the morning!
Jan 26, 2013, 12:14 AM
Faster is Better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerocowboy
What an awesome looking D-S ... Nice job!
Jan 26, 2013, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldeMan
What an awesome looking D-S ... Nice job!
Lol - thanks Dad.
Jan 26, 2013, 01:01 AM
Lou
Lou
Closed Account
Indeed, that is nice. Where did you get the decals/vinyl?
Jan 26, 2013, 10:57 AM
I used those self-adhesive Trim Monokote strips that HobbyTown sells for $3 -- cut and applied to taste.

It remains to be seen whether or not it will stay put. I don't think this stuff is typically used on EPO. Sure seems just fine -- and looks nice -- for now, though!
Jan 26, 2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
looks good! better than my attempt haha. hope it holds up for you. please do let us know how it goes.
Jan 26, 2013, 12:13 PM
Lou
Lou
Closed Account
Quote:
I used those self-adhesive Trim Monokote strips that HobbyTown sells for $3 -- cut and applied to taste.

It remains to be seen whether or not it will stay put. I don't think this stuff is typically used on EPO. Sure seems just fine -- and looks nice -- for now, though!
Yes, I have also used the MonoKote trim on foam as well. I found that if I cleaned well the surface the trim will stick generally well. On a few models, I did use some ~600 grit sandpaper only where I put the trim. I sand just enough to break the surface sheen of the foam.
Jan 26, 2013, 01:38 PM
Désolé pour le français !
Quote:
Sympa ta déco, j'aime beaucoup !! Efficace!!
Jan 26, 2013, 02:26 PM
Merci!
Jan 30, 2013, 11:19 PM
Can someone please inform me on how this plane disasembles? Can I put it back in the box it came in for transport, or is the v tail glued in? I'm leaning more toward the Advance version of the Raptor 2000 because im switching my fleet over to glass\balsa\monokote, but at the same time the dynamic-s\blaze looks to be a little bit more durable compared to the raptor and if it breaks down easier then i may choose it. Please give me a little insite on the blaze\dynamic- s so I can make a better decision.

Thanks,
Troy
Jan 30, 2013, 11:30 PM
It all screws together. The box is made so that you could use it for transport. Not great, but good enough.
Jan 31, 2013, 12:21 AM
Use a covering iron on medium setting and go over the tape a couple times. I do that on my foamies and haven't had any problems.

Quote:

Jan 31, 2013, 02:41 AM
A geriatric flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcolorado
Can someone please inform me on how this plane disasembles?.............
Thanks,
Troy
Not easily. I do use the box to transport it. I modified the box for the V tail and I leave the wing sections connected together and I cut a slot into the box to carry them. The ends of the wings are fragile so you have to be careful transporting them. I have got to the stage now I do not take it to the club. It sits (hangs) in my hanger already to go and I only fly it at home.
Jan 31, 2013, 11:12 PM
Lou
Lou
Closed Account
Yeah, the V-tail is a bit of a nusiance to take off and put back on. Wings, no real problem though.