Jun 15, 2010, 11:33 AM
I thought about the landings and the fact that its got to be level, I was also thinking of putting a landing wheel on just to raise it that little but higher thus giving a bit more clearance on landing, seen it done on a Radian and it looked rather scale like and worked well too !!!
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2010, 12:29 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy
I thought about the landings and the fact that its got to be level, I was also thinking of putting a landing wheel on just to raise it that little but higher thus giving a bit more clearance on landing, seen it done on a Radian and it looked rather scale like and worked well too !!!
The Radian has lots of dihedral.... so this is not really an issue
Jun 15, 2010, 12:35 PM
Keep building, buying,fly
Quote:
OK think I have set my heart on one of these babies !!! Thanks dekan for the V tail mixer unit info, will get one of those !!!
My question to you guys with experience is I am used to flying my Parkzone Brushless Mustang and Trojan T28....do you think this Blaze is a little to hot for me or do you think I will do fine, at the end of the day you dont have to fly it like your hair is on fire !!! will it fly sedately until I get used to it at which point I can let rip and scream around !!! lol

Cheers,
Jim.
This is one of the easiest planes I have ever flown and I have over 100 ranging from Gas Turbines to a Parkzones RTF things

Dennis
Jun 15, 2010, 12:50 PM
My son in law and I have one each, he has only flown an easy star, easy glider electric, cularis and a zeno and had no problem flying his blaze, although he did say the landings are fast. Perhaps spoilerons would make things a little easier.

S
Jun 15, 2010, 01:08 PM
Thanks guys, thats given me a confidence boost, ok thats it no more faffing about I'm having it lol !!!
Jun 15, 2010, 01:23 PM
Good man Jimmy! I'll hopefully have mine by the weekend too!
Jun 15, 2010, 02:56 PM
Slope convert/addict
anyone else having CG issues ? Mine seems very far forward and so far I have added a total of 25g to the tailplane, coupled with a light 1300mAh batt upfront. CG is a little behind the dimples on the wing now but still pulls out too much in the dive for my liking. Inverted requires a little down elevator but nothing too excessive.

They do come in a bit fast btw, haven't tried spoilerons yet.
Jun 15, 2010, 03:57 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelUK
They do come in a bit fast btw, haven't tried spoilerons yet.
I'm trying to work out how to do that on my DX7 and how much up elevator I will need...
Jun 15, 2010, 05:03 PM
Slope convert/addict
should be possible, I have a JR X-2720 which is more or less identical but 35MHz.

You can do it on this and it works really well on my 60" V-tail mouldie. Kills the lift and you can raise the nose high without stalling. BUT that has full span ailerons...
Jun 16, 2010, 07:07 AM
Spoilerons. Usual way to slow these type of gliders, if you don't have flaps, is to raise both ailerons. Anyone tried this yet with the Blaze? Any other comments about landing gratefully received!
Sean.
Jun 19, 2010, 08:00 AM
Got my Blaze last night, it took 45 minutes to put it together and the same amount of time to put the decals on. Maiden flight today, 20 mph wind, it flew very well, very predicable, spoilerons work OK, easy to land. Usd a new 3 cell 1300 30C, a mate of mine told me they fly better if you keep them light, I'll try with a 2100 maH soon.
All in all a good plane for the money, cant wait to try it on the slope once the southerlies come back
Jun 19, 2010, 08:45 AM
Got mine today too !!! just in the process of the build, great quality plane !!!
Tip for the decals:- dont bank on the lazer cuts round the decals to be cut properly, I used a pair of scissors to cut round all the decals and it made it easier to lift then and transfer to the plane!!!
Cant maiden due to the fact I am waiting for a V-tail mixer unit as a DX5e doesnt do V-tail mixing.
I will keep you posted !!!
Jun 19, 2010, 01:10 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Quote:
Tip for the decals:- dont bank on the lazer cuts round the decals to be cut properly, I used a pair of scissors to cut round all the decals and it made it easier to lift then and transfer to the plane!!!
Err yes some us including some German chaps might of noticed this sometime ago
Jun 19, 2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan
Err yes some us including some German chaps might of noticed this sometime ago
But for those of us that didn't know, fore warned is fore armed.

Another tip for the decals: Use a covering iron on a very low heat (#1 or less) with a cotton sole cover to adhere the decals down onto the foam. I did this on my son's ST Model MX2 and it looks so much better and they haven't lifted at the edges yet.
Jun 19, 2010, 03:27 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben D Wing
But for those of us that didn't know, fore warned is fore armed.

Another tip for the decals: Use a covering iron on a very low heat (#1 or less) with a cotton sole cover to adhere the decals down onto the foam. I did this on my son's ST Model MX2 and it looks so much better and they haven't lifted at the edges yet.
Too true but this thread ain't that long YET
Last edited by dekan; Jun 19, 2010 at 04:07 PM.

Quick Reply